III | D I S A P P E A R A N C E

MONSTER

Song: KARD - Don't Recall


 

| A month later |

 

As usual, Hyeyeon will visit the guy after school but before that, she went to the nearest bakery shop. She smiled to herself as she bought 2 packets of red bean buns and chocolate buns.

"He would love this." She thought happily.

As she walked along the pathway to his house, she started to fiddle with the necklace on her neck with her free hand that she received from him yesterday. She was surprised about the sudden gift but thankful at the same time because he was the first person to give her a gift.


| FLASHBACK |

 

Both Hyeyeon and him were at his backyard, looking at the stars in the sky as Hyeyeon sighed. He then looked at her.

"Yeonnie, are you okay?" He asked. Hyeyeon nodded. Her eyes didn't move as she kept staring at the sky.

"Ah, I almost forgot! May i know your name?" Hyeyeon asked.

"Jungkook, Jeon Jungkook but you can call me Kookie." He said while smiling.

Without hesitation, he put his arms around her waist. Hyeyeon flinched by the sudden skin ship but she relaxed after a while and lean on Jungkook's shoulder.

"Why do I feel like tonight will be our last night together?" Hyeyeon suddenly speak.

Jungkook paused for a while.

"W-why do you think like that?" Jungkook stuttered. Hyeyeon shrugged.

"I don't know. It was just this sudden feeling but you're not leaving me, right?" Hyeyeon lifts her head up from Jungkook's shoulder then stared at him.

Jungkook stared back and he noticed that her eyes turned yellow. Jungkook knows that Hyeyeon isn't aware of her true self so he just remained silent and looked away.

"Kookie?" Hyeyeon's desperate voice makes Jungkook hard to speak. Kookie looked back at her and flash a small yet sad smile.

"Of course not. I'll be here with you forever. Aye, don't worry too much." Jungkook kissed her cheeks.

Hyeyeon blushed and buried her face on Jungkook's neck. He laughed but then remembered that he has something to give her. He took out a small box from his pocket and showed it in front of her. Hyeyeon gave him a confused look.

"What's that?" She took the box and opened it.

Jungkook heart started to beat very fast as she opened the box and gasped when she saw a heart shape necklace.

"D-did you bought this? For me?" Hyeyeon stuttered in surprise.

Jungkook nodded as she removed the necklace from the box and admired it. Jungkook smiled as he took the necklace and put it on for her.

"Thank you, Kookie. I really love it and you're the first person to give me a gift after my parents died." Hyeyeon eyes filled with tears. Jungkook wiped her tears.

"I know. I'll always be your first and last. Promise me you will wear this every day." He said. Hyeyeon nodded.

"Promise." Both intertwined their pinkie together, giggling.


 

Hyeyeon took out Kookie's house key from her bag since he gave it to her in case he isn't at home. She unlocked the door then entered. She then put the plastic full of bread on the dining table. Hyeyeon noticed that the aura of the house has changed. It became quieter.

"Kookie?" Hyeyeon called out but there were no answers.

Hyeyeon went up to the second floor and the same feeling from the first floor lingered around the area. She shook her head, trying not to think anything negative.

"Kookie?" She called again. This time, she entered his bedroom. She felt nothing.

Hyeyeon sat on his bed, scanning around the room. The smell of Jungkook was faint. She sighed and was about to leave the room when her eyes spotted a white colour paper folded nicely on the bedside table. Hyeyeon took it and unfold the paper. Her eyes start to get teary as she shook her head, trying to think that the letter was just a prank. Hyeyeon folds back the paper then keep it inside her pocket.

"No... Kookie didn't leave. He went somewhere. I will wait for him." She tells herself to wait for Jungkook to come back home from somewhere.


| Jungkook's POV |

 

I was dazing away when someone tapped on my shoulder. I looked up and saw it was Seokjin.

"Oh, it's you Jin." I said, hiding my sorrow but I know Seokjin can sense it obviously because we are all vampires.

"Jungkook, I know you miss her but you know the consequences. If you fall in love with a human being, you will be discriminated and the human being will suffer." Seokjin patted my shoulder.

Seokjin doesn't know that she is not a human being but a vampire, just like us. As Seokjin was talking, I sensed someone was listening to every conversation we had.

"Jimin, can you just off?!" I cursed in front of Seokjin and received a slap from him.

"LANGUAGE MISTER!" I apologised then glared at Jimin who was smirking at me.

"Taehyung, how long have you been standing there?" Seokjin asked but he shrugged. Because of him, I must leave everything behind. I curled my fist as Seokjin shook his head.

"So Kookie, miss your little girl?" He laughed.

That's it.

I punched him in the face which landed him on the ground. Seokjin stopped me when Taehyung was about to punch me back.

"ENOUGH BOTH OF YOU! JIMIN, JUNGKOOK. IN THE LIVING ROOM. NOW!"

Ugh.

After all the other members have gathered, both of us received a strong glare from Seokjin. His eyes were crimson red and anger could be seen in his eyes but mostly disappointment.

"Care to explain the both of you?" He crossed his arm. None of us open our mouth then Seokjin glared at me.

"Jungkook, I thought letting you stay alone in that mansion will help you become stronger but I was wrong. You came back with nothing but hatred, hatred towards Jimin! I'm so disappointed in you Jungkook." I sighed.

"And Jimin, what about you? Shouldn't you be helping him? Don't think that I don't know about your recent activity. You threatened Jungkook did you?" I widened my eyes.

Seokjin has been watching us all along?

Serve you right you irritating piece of .

"I-I just want Jungkook to come back, that's all." Jimin stuttered.

Pfftt, liar.

"I'm doubting that but I will let it go. Since Jungkook is back, we will start our mission tomorrow. Jungkook, be prepared and focus on this important mission." Seokjin warned me. I nodded and stood up to leave.

I still miss her. Has she read my letter? That's the only question in my mind. Out of the sudden, my vision becomes blur then a second later, my vision changed into a mansion. My mansion. A girl sitting on the sofa, hugging a pillow, crying.

"Kookie, I miss you. Where are you? You told me that you wouldn't leave me!" My heart hurts to see her crying because of me and that I lied to her.

I'm sorry Hyeyeon.

"H-hyeyeon." I sobbed.


| Baekhyun's POV |

 

"Chef Kyungsoo is always the best!" Jongin exclaimed in happiness, causing everyone to laugh. The chef rolled his eyes.

"Nice try Jongin but I won't fall for that. Today is the only day I'll cook for you. Next time, do it yourself." He said as eats his food calmly as Jongin pouted.

"Kyungsoo is so mean then we will be starving to death since Kyungsoo won't cook again." Dramatic Jongin let out a fake sob.

"Jongin, you do know you're not a good actor, right?" Jongin frowned after he got dissed by his little sister.

"Shut up Haeryung." Haeryung stuck her tongue out.

The Wu siblings, Kris and Dahye, shook their head while Kyungsoo keeps eating. Kris couldn't help but notice Kyungsoo’s weird behaviour.

"Yo, you okay?" Kyungsoo didn't respond.

Everyone around Kyungsoo stared at him. Kyungsoo felt intense stares around him so he stopped eating and looked up.

"What? Why are you staring at me like that?" He asked. Dahye looked at her watch.

"You literally took 11 minutes to realise that we've been staring at you." Dahye said and the rest nodded in agreement.

"Oh. sorry. I was just spacing out." Kyungsoo said honestly.

"What's wrong? Mind telling us?" Kris said since he is the oldest. Kyungsoo shook his head.

"No, it's okay. Thank you, hyung but I'm fine, don't worry." He flashed a small smile before he left the table.

"Something's not right." Jongin said as they nodded in agreement.