X | T R U T H

MONSTER

Song: MONSTA X - Fighter


 

| Baekhyun’s POV |

 

“H-hyeyeon? HYEYEON!” I exclaimed. I stared at her shocked face. My eyes widen at the sight in front of me. How did Hyeyeon end up here? In this mansion? In Dahye’s bed? Millions of questions remain unanswered in my mind.

"Oh? B-baekhyun? What are you doing here? You are a wolf too?” Asked Hyeyeon while pointing at me.

I then heard the others standing behind me. Ignoring the others, I walked towards Hyeyeon and hold her hand.

“Thank god you’re still alive! You left your house with a note stated for me. Did you know how worried I was when you left?!” I exclaimed in relieve.

“I’m sorry Baekhyun but I have to search for my brother… I just hope he’s still alive out there.” Said Hyeyeon as she looked down.

"Baek, you know her?” Asked Chanyeol.

“Everyone gather, I’ll only tell you this once so listen carefully and that includes you too, Hyeyeon.” I said as everyone made their way into the room while Dahye closes the door and stands beside me.

“Kyungsoo had lost her sister for 17 years and he’s been wanting to search for her but he didn’t know where to start. I was the first one to know about this and I wanted to help Kyungsoo find his sister so I went to search around. I found this old house at the end of the city near the woods and there is where I found Hyeyeon. To confirm that she is Kyungsoo’s sister, her real name is Do Hyeyeon.” I explained to the rest.

“And Hyeyeon, you need not to find your brother anymore. This is where he stays.” I said while smiling at Hyeyeon. Hyeyeon’s eyes widen.

“A-are you sure he’s staying here? In this mansion?” Hyeyeon stuttered.

“Yes, Kyungsoo has been staying here since he was 8 years old. Your parents send him here and asked our parents to take diligent care of him.” Said Dahye.

“You know my parents?! Then do you know where they are now?!” Exclaimed Hyeyeon.

Kris and Dahye looked at each other and sighed.

“I’m really sorry to say this but… Your parents are long dead.” Said Kris softly.

Hyeyeon just stared at Kris silently as her eyes were filled with tears.

“M-mum… D-dad… I miss you…” Said Hyeyeon softly.

I sat next to her and gave her a warm hug as I let her cry onto my shoulders. I turned to look at the rest and gave them a sign to leave the room. Dahye got the message and quietly push everyone out, leaving the both of us in the room.

Don’t worry Hyeyeon, I’ll protect you. No matter what. Even if you're different from us, i'll still protect you.


| ✧ |

 

The door to Bangtan’s mansion suddenly bang open which mostly shocked Yoongi who was in a deep sleep. He sat up and groaned then glared at the person.

"You little , CAN YOU BE MORE SOFTER?!” Yoongi screamed.

Hoseok, the culprit, rolled his eyes and walked towards Namjoon. Yoongi scoffed at the young man and lay on his bed to continue his sleep.

"Yo Namjoon, I have some breaking news!” Namjoon who was researching about something, stop. "Breaking news? What is it?"

"I found Hyeyeon." Jungkook who was reading a novel on the sofa, turned his head towards Hoseok.

“Y-you found Hyeyeon? W-where?” Jungkook stuttered.

“Two women from the wolf clan found her who almost fainted on the busy streets due to lack of blood and they took her into their mansion but I found more information about Hyeyeon.” Said Hoseok, amused.

“What information?” Seokjin suddenly joined in causing Hoseok to flinch in shock.

"Gah! This old man, CAN YOU SIGNAL YOURSELF NEXT TIME." Seokjin laughed and apologised.

"Continue." He signals.

"Hyeyeon has a brother. I overheard her conversation with the wolves and one of them said her brother apparently lives with them. I believe her brother’s name is Do Kyungsoo." Said Hoseok.

“So, her full name is Do Hyeyeon… Wait a minute. You mean Hyeyeon’s brother is a wolf?” Namjoon said in confusion.

“Yeah but then why is she a vampire while her brother is a wolf? If they’re siblings, shouldn’t she follow after him?” Said Hoseok.

“No way… Is she...”

Upon hearing that, Namjoon quickly research about the Do siblings. Seokjin and Hoseok just stared at the focus and serious Namjoon.

"Hoseok, I swear if you are joking around, I will-" Seokjin got cut by Namjoon.

"Hoseok is right. One of the women we are finding is Do Hyeyeon. Apparently, she is one of the most powerful vampire in the vampire world ever since she was born. Her mother is a vampire while her father is a wolf. That explains why she and her brother are different but wait. Her parents send her brother to the Wu family, asking them to take care of her brother while they brought Hyeyeon somewhere but her parents got killed as her house got burned down by…Sihyuk." Namjoon reads.

“Sihyuk? Bang Sihyuk?! Our father?!” Exclaimed Jungkook.

“What has our father got to do with Hyeyeon and her family?” Taehyung asked.

“I’m not sure. Maybe it has something to do with the death of our father?” Said Namjoon while crossing his arms.

“Well, since she’s already with the wolves, our mission has gotten easier. We just need the other two women.” Said Yoongi.

“Eh? Since when did you woke up from your dreamland?” Asked Seokjin.

“Since Hoseok was screaming at you for being such an old man.” Said Yoongi as he got flicked on the forehead by Seokjin.

Jungkook just sat on the sofa as he silently listens to the conversation.

“Seems like your fiancé will be in trouble soon, eh?” Said Jimin sarcastically as he pats Jungkook’s shoulders and walked towards the others.

I can’t let them get Hyeyeon, I must protect her.

Jungkook enters his room and lay on his bed, thinking of what to do when an idea came to his mind.

“I have to inform the wolf clan about this. I know it’s going to be hard but I’ll do anything to convince them.” Said Jungkook as he stood and walked out of his room.

Taehyung saw Jungkook walking out of his room with a paranoid expression.

“Oh Jungkook! Where are you going?” Asked Taehyung.

“Somewhere.” Answered Jungkook as he walked out of the mansion.

Jimin feels as if something is not right so he decided to follow Jungkook quietly.


| Dahye's POV |

 

I sat down on the sofa and sighed as the rest of the clan sat down on the other sofas.

Everything is slowly being revealed. I might as well just tell everyone the truth.

"What are you talking about Dahye? What truth? Are you keeping something from us all?" Chanyeol said.

I forgot, everyone can read my mind...

I sighed and nodded in agreement. "Yes, Kris and i have been keeping a secret from all of you but that's because it was a request from Kyungsoo's parents." I said. I gave Kris a look of permission and he nodded, giving me the permission.

"Kyungsoo's and Hyeyeon's parents were both different species. Their mother is a vampire while their father is a wolf, hence that's why they both have different aura and scent. Kyungsoo is born a full wolf while Hyeyeon is born a full vampire." I explained.

"Is that even possible?" Asked Sehun. Everyone gave him a 'are you serious' look followed by a smack on the head by Suho. Sehun exclaimed in pain while rubbing his head.

"The reason why Kyungsoo and Hyeyeon were separated when young was because in the vampire world, Hyeyeon is considered the most powerful vampire ever been born in this world. All of you remember Bangtan? The infamous clan that tried to attack us a few days ago?" I asked. Everyone nodded their head.

"Their father, Bang Sihyuk is the father of the vampire world. After finding out that Hyeyeon is born into this world, he had been wanting to kidnap Hyeyeon from her parents. Thus, their parents decided to separate them. Hyeyeon and Kyungsoo's father and my father were childhood friends, thus asking us to help them take good care of Kyungsoo." I explained.

"But... They only wanted Hyeyeon, why did their parents decide to separate Kyungsoo too?" Asked Suho.

"That's because if Kyungsoo were to be captured by Bang Sihyuk and were to change from a wolf into a vampire, their powers combined is very deadly." Kris said.

"You said their parents died, how?" Asked Haeryung.

"After their parents left Kyungsoo with my family, they went to a small cottage house which is located at the end of the city near the woods and hid Hyeyeon there. Their parents then went back to their mansion to pack their stuff when Bang Sihyuk came and asked for Hyeyeon but they simply kept quiet and that's when he got mad and burned the entire mansion with their parents in it, which they eventually burnt to death." I explained while looking down.

"So, this guy named Bang Sihyuk was the one who killed my parents?" A voice suddenly came behind me.

All of us turned behind to see Hyeyeon and Baekhyun walking down the staircase.

"H-hyeyeon we-" I got cut off by her.

"And he has children huh. Who are they?" Hyeyeon asked sternly. The atmosphere became very tense.

"They are not his blood children but instead he took them in as his children. They are Kim Seokjin, Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon, Park Jimin, Kim Taehyung and..."

"Jeon Jungkook." Hyeyeon's eyes widen.

"Park Jimin?! He's one of them?!" She exclaimed.

"You know Jimin?" I asked her.

"Y-yes, he's my classmate..." Hyeyeon said softly.

"But... The name Jungkook sounds familiar..." Said Hyeyeon.

After a while, she started to stumble while holding onto her head. Baekhyun hold onto her tightly and gave her a concern look. I gave Baekhyun a signal, telling him to carry Hyeyeon into my room and lay her on my bed. Baekhyun nodded and carried her into my room.

"So, she's been listening to our conversation all along, it must be hard for her to take all of this in. Especially when she just heard how her parents died." I sighed while crossing my arms.

"Well, at least we know what is Bangtan's motive. We have to protect Hyeyeon until Kyungsoo comes back from hunting with Lay." Said Jongin as he sat down next to me.

Everyone nodded and went off to do their own things. I then felt a cold air behind me. I turned to look but there was no one, Jongin turned to look at me.

"You okay?" He asked. I nodded and slowly turned back.

Something is not right.