I | N I G H T M A R E

MONSTER

Song: MONSTA X - Dramarama


 

| ✧ |

 

Hyeyeon is on her way to school and as usual, she would walk there since it only takes her 4 minutes to walk from home to school. In school, she is the only student that has no friends while everyone in school look down at her, bullying her and teasing her. Despite all these, she still goes to school as per normal as if it didn't bother her. All she cares about is finishing her studies and that's all. That's what she promised her parents before they left this world, leaving her alone.

As soon as Hyeyeon step into the school compound, the Queenkas came up to her, smirking. Hyeyeon sighed.

"Wow, you still dare to come? and where are your bruises from yesterday?" The leader of the Queenka, cup her cheek and twist her head left and right to search for the bruises.

Hyeyeon pushed her hand away, glaring at her. The Queenkas gasped.

"D-did you just pushed me?!" She exclaimed. Hyeyeon smirked back bravely as a respond. They gasped again.

"How dare you?!" She slapped Hyeyeon on the cheek.

Hyeyeon didn't even move an inch. The Queenkas push her down on the floor and start to ruin her uniform by pulling her by the collar and ripping of the buttons on her uniform and ripping the pages in her book.

"That's what you get for being so rude!" The leader exclaimed then smirked at her, leaving her on the floor.

Once they left, students passing by were laughing and gossiping about Hyeyeon and she still doesn't move at all. Her fist curled into a ball, trying to endure every physical and mental pain she received on her body and mind. After a while, she slowly stood up and collected all the books and ripped pages that were all over the floor. 

She stood up with little strengths left in her body and headed to class. As soon as she enters her classroom, she went to her seat which is at the right end corner of the class and rested her head on the table but then she senses as if someone is staring at her with concern and worry. She looks up and look around her but there was no one other than her classmates who were doing their own things.

To her surprise, she heard everything that they were talking about even though they were far away from her.


| ✧ |

 

Hyeyeon packed all her stuff and quickly walk out of the classroom. She then took a deep breath and walk back home. As she was walking, she heard someone called her name. Hyeyeon stopped on her tracks but hesitated to turn around at first, gaining her courage, she turns around and before she could say or do anything, that person stabbed her on the stomach with a knife.

Hyeyeon froze with her eyes and mouth wide open. 

The person then pulls out the knife, smirking. "This is the end for you, Hyeyeon."

Hyeyeon couldn't speak nor move as the pain was unbearable. She then fell onto the ground with blood oozing out of her stomach and mouth as she clutches onto her stomach in pain. As time passes, Hyeyeon slowly loses her consciousness and lay on the ground, helpless.

"H-hyeyeon?!" A guy exclaimed in shock to see her unconscious, covered with blood but there was no wound.

Without hesitation, he carried her bridal style and brought her to his house. A few hours later, Hyeyeon regained her consciousness. She realised she wasn't in her house. She then recalls the stabbing incident and went to look down on her stomach but there were no wounds. Hyeyeon was taken aback and began to look around the house. Being curious, Hyeyeon walked around the house.

"I wonder whose house this is..." Hyeyeon mumbled to herself.

Suddenly, she came across a frame with a picture that was placed on top of a shelf. A group of 7 boys, smiling very widely. Hyeyeon held the frame to have a closer look.

She tilted her head. "Weird. All guys. Where's their mom?"

"I don't have a mom."

Shocked by the sudden voice, Hyeyeon accidentally drop the frame and broke it into pieces. She gasped.

"I-I'm sorry." Hyeyeon bend down to gather the glass pieces but stopped when the glass started to gather itself. Hyeyeon stood up in confusion. After a while, the glass pieces disappeared which left the wooden frame and the picture on the ground. 

The guy walked towards her. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bre-"

"It's okay. My presence always makes everyone shocked so I’m quite used to it." He said but Hyeyeon sense something wrong with his sentence.

"No no! That's not what I meant. I mean like the house was quiet a while ago when a voice was heard and that really shocked me. Don't take it to the heart." Hyeyeon smiled weakly.

He chuckled. "You really act like a human." He mumbled while smirking.

Hyeyeon sighed in relief after seeing him chuckle.

"Aren't you hungry? I've cooked for you some food to eat." Hyeyeon felt shy yet hungry at the same time.

"Don't be shy. Follow me." He smiled then walk towards the dining table. Hyeyeon nodded.

At the dining room, the atmosphere between them was so quiet. A lot of things were running around Hyeyeon's mind but she doesn't dare to speak up.

"You look like you have a bunch of questions to ask." The guy speaks again.

Hyeyeon stuttered. "H-how did you know?" He shrugged.

"W-well I'm Hyeyeon and thank you for taking care of me for a few minutes or should I say hours. I felt like a burden to you." He smiled.

"I know who you are. Don't worry, I’m not that kind of guy who would leave a pretty girl like you unconscious in public." He laughed. Hyeyeon blushed when he mentioned 'Pretty girl like you' but joined him afterward. The unusual feeling started to linger around her body.

*What's this that I’m feeling?* 

She thought again while touching her chest. 

*No way, am I falling in love?!*

After dinner, Hyeyeon decided to go home. The guy pouted which she finds it cute.

"Will you be coming back here? I mean. I rarely have guests and you're the first. I'm getting comfortable with you." Hyeyeon froze for a while. Even though she could feel her heart beating very fast.

"S-sure. I don't mind." Hyeyeon finally speak with sincerity. This is the first time she has someone to talk to. 

The guy smiled widely. "Well then, see you tomorrow! Be safe!" He bid goodbye.

Hyeyeon did the same and left the house. After walking a few distances, she then remembered something.

"Oh no! I didn't ask for his name! Stupid Hyeyeon stupid!" She cursed herself silently while hitting herself.

The guy looked at her from the window, listening to everything she said. He laughed.

"Cute." He said before he fully closed the curtain.


| Hyeyeon's POV |

 

Walking along this quiet pathway alone is quite scary. Wait! How did I get here? I looked around me. I'm surrounded by unfamiliar tall buildings. Where am I? As I continue walking, I noticed this pathway is cover with blood. Suddenly, a light appeared in front of me. I blocked my eyes from getting blinded by the light. I opened my eyes and immediately widened.

"M-mum? D-dad?" I saw them.

On the ground with blood everywhere. I was about to run towards them when a little boy ran passed me. Who is he? He shook my parent’s bodies. Surprisingly, I can hear what he said.

"Mum! Dad! Wake up! Please don't leave me!" He cried, hugging the bodies.

Wait! Who is he? Why is he hugging my parents? I thought I was the only child! My confusion suddenly changed the situation. Fire started to flame up very high. My parents and the boy are gone and I’m surrounded by burning fire instead of tall buildings.

"T-take care of y-your sister." Mum? I heard Mum's voice. "MUM! I'M HERE! MUM! CAN YOU HEAR ME?!" I shouted.

But the fire was getting bigger and stronger. It’s getting nearer to me and I have nowhere to run and escape.

"Help!!"

"No one will help you! You are useless and a burden to everyone! Now you will suffer alone!" A deep voice which I've never heard before, cursed me. I can feel my body starting to heat up.

I cover my ears. "S-stop it please." I clutched my eyes tightly.

"H-hyeyeon. I'm sorry." That voice. I tried to open my eyes but within a minute, I was slashed at the back, making me scream in pain. Before I could close my eyes, I saw 7 people standing, looking down on me.

"Such a weak and useless girl." I tried my best to focus on them but it was too late as I fell unconscious. I jolted up from my sleep and breathe heavily.

"It's just a dream. A dream." I calm myself down and wiped my tears and sweat away but the dream, it seems so real. 

Who was that little kid? And who were the 7 people that I saw?