Epilogue

Three More Months- Prequel to No Homo, But

The remainder of the school year passes by with little to no events. Time practically flies for Hyunwoo. It feels as if only a week more passes before he’s moving into his own apartment. Kihyun had tried to talk him into staying a bit longer, though he’ll deny it with a passion if ever accused of such a thing. But, he’s pretty sure the fact that he had left an empty drawer and half the closet free for his boyfriend is what finally brought him around to the idea.

Hyunwoo reintroduces Kihyun to his mother, at the woman’s behest, and the two instantly bond… much to Hyunwoo’s utter delight. Minhyuk had warned him against a team-up of his mother and his boyfriend when he’d found out, but the older had shrugged it off. Considering how his father will never be in the picture again, he couldn’t be happier that his mother is so accepting.

 

Graduation comes before they know it. Hyunwoo walks across the stage without stumbling, thank god, and takes his diploma with one of the biggest smiles he’s ever had in his life. It’s been a tumultuous year, to say the least, and he’s just glad that it’s all over. Kihyun watches him with a prideful gaze, and doesn’t hold back from cheering him on despite being onstage with the rest of the choir.

Luckily, Boyeon had decided to drop the class shortly after the incident at the school gate, so the day is even free of him.

 

After a party at Kihyun’s house and a celebration dinner at a high-end restaurant, Kihyun and Hyunwoo finally get some time to themselves. They say goodbye to their friends and mothers, and walk away together to Hyunwoo’s apartment.

 

Kihyun climbs into bed with a sigh, one of Hyunwoo’s tshirts swallowing him up as he finds his typical perch in his boyfriend’s lap. He rests his hands on the older’s bare chest, his smile unwavering.

“I’m so proud of you, aga,” he says softly, causing Hyunwoo’s own grin to grow. “After all that you’ve had to go through this year... It feels like it’s finally over.” Hyunwoo hums as he brings a hand up to run up and down Kihyun’s back.

“I wouldn’t have been able to do it without you,” he tells him, truly meaning it. “You made everything so much easier to bear.” He sighs, his body relaxing against the mattress as he adds a faint, “I love you,” in nothing more than a mumble. Kihyun chuckles under his breath, and leans forward to kiss the older man deeply.

“I love you, too,” he whispers, pressing their foreheads together. Hyunwoo’s hands somehow find the hem of his shirt, and slip underneath the thin fabric to just touch the younger’s cool skin.

Kihyun laughs breathily, knowing that, despite their mutual exhaustion, they’re in for a long night.