Chapter One

Three More Months- Prequel to No Homo, But

Hyung~”

Kihyun’s breath hitches after the sigh. He leans his head to the side, giving the older better access to the area. His head begins to spin at the sensation of the boy’s hot lips pressing against his cool skin, leaving a wet trail of love bites along his nape. His hands travel down from his boyfriend’s chest to the waistband of his jeans, and pulls at them almost demandingly.

“How long did you say we had until your eomma got home?” Hyunwoo asks softly, a hand sliding along Kihyun’s calf to the growing gap between his legs and resting on his inner thigh. Kihyun makes a small whining noice in his throat, harsh reality popping his bubble of ecstasy.

“Not long enough,” he admits, causing the older to pull away from his work and pout a little. Kihyun chuckles breathily, cooing teasingly at the expression despite his own disappointment. Hyunwoo moves away from the younger, breathing deeply as if to clear his head. Kihyun stares up at the ceiling of his bedroom, working hard to push away those lusftul thoughts that come up whenever he’s with his boyfriend.

“We’d better get started on homework,” Hyunwoo mumbles thickly, pointedly avoiding Kihyun’s gaze. “Then, at least, we’ll seem like we’re doing what we’re supposed to.” Kihyun purses his lips at Hyunwoo’s tone. He sits up and crawls across his bed to sit behind the older, and wraps his arms around his middle. He kisses Hyunwoo’s shoulder, sighing a bit in exasperation.

“Sorry, hyung,” he murmurs against Hyunwoo’s sleeve. “We just need to be patient for a little longer. Your living arrangements for when you move out are all settled. We just need to wait three more months. That’s all.” Hyunwoo leans back against Kihyun, smiling gratefully at the younger’s reminder.

“I know, Kihyunnie,” he replies softly, a hand coming up to rest atop Kihyun’s clasped fingers. He kisses the younger’s cheek, and then sighs with a heavy heart. Kihyun knows the sound all too well, and it causes him to tighten his hold around the older.

“I love you, Hyunwoo,” he says, his voice a bit softer than usual. Hyunwoo chuckles, his smile growing a bit wider.

“I love you, too, Kihyun-ah.”

 

“About time you joined us at the big boys’ table,” Minhyuk teases, waggling a brow at Jooheon and Changkyun.

The two freshmen glance at each other, rolling their eyes simultaneously at the older. Kihyun can’t help but chuckle under his breath at the typical behavior. Those two have been inseparable since infancy, but have seemed to grow even closer ever since they began high school… Kihyun honestly wouldn’t be too surprised if they decided to take the next step in their relationship before too long.

“Leave them alone, hyung,” Hyungwon sighs tiredly. He pokes at his food with a pout before pushing his tray away with an air of finality. “They couldn’t very well have sat at a table full of upperclassmen the first day of school, after all. They had to wade the waters a bit.”

“Wade the waters,” Minhyuk says with a shrug, “make out in a bathroom stall all lunch period. Same difference.” The statement causes Changkyun to choke on his drink, and Jooheon immediately begins patting his back consolingly. Both glare at their hyung, which only causes him to cackle.

“Honestly, Minhyuk-ah,” Kihyun finally interjects, pouting in defense of Changkyun, his favorite dongsaeng, “give them a break. Not everyone’s as ty as you were during your first year of high school.” It’s now Hoseok’s turn to choke at this. He blushes wildly as he glances over at his newly-acquired boyfriend, eyes mere saucers on his face.

“Kihyun-ah!” Minhyuk gasps defiantly, being entirely too overdramatic for the slightly-younger’s taste. Kihyun merely shrugs, popping a carrot into his mouth.

“It’s true…”

“It’s not as if I did anything more than date around…” Minhyuk pouts, crossing his arms over his chest.

“It still gave you a reputation,” Kihyun goes on, despite Minhyuk’s defeated demeanor. Hyunwoo silently puts a hand on his knee, reeling him back a bit. Kihyun sighs, shaking his head at himself as he realizes what he’s said.

Minhyuk’s reputation around the school has always been a touchy subject for him. Everyone thought him to be the easiest boy to get with in the entire school, partly because of all the people he’s dated and partly because of how touchy he is with people. Though, their group knows the truth. Even though he and Hoseok are ually active now, Hoseok is the only one Minhyuk has ever been with like that.

“I’m sorry, Minhyuk-ah,” Kihyun mutters, feeling a bit ashamed of himself. He sets a gentle hand on his same-age friend’s shoulder. “I didn’t mean it, you know that. I—”

“It’s okay, Kihyunnie,” Minhyuk mumbles, glancing over at Kihyun with a small smile. Kihyun finds himself smiling as well, and they both nod.

Kihyun looks over at his boyfriend, eyes shining gratefully for his silent help. Hyunwoo merely squeezes Kihyun’s knee in return, conveying through action how it’s something he never needs to thank him for, because he’ll always be there to do it.

 

Hyunwoo returns home later that evening than he should, having spent the afternoon and some of the night at Kihyun’s again. Both his parents’ cars are in the driveway, and he has to steel himself against the questions he knows will come before entering his home.

The air in the house is oppressive, making the teen feel like he can’t even get a proper breath in through his lungs. He silently takes off his shoes as fast as he can, eager to hide out in his room until dinner.

“Son Hyunwoo.”

Hyunwoo winces at the familiar voice. He should’ve known he wouldn’t be so lucky.

Clutching his bag tightly, he enters the dimly lit living room. He bows deeply to the older man sitting on the couch, gulping nervously.

“Good evening, Appa,” he mumbles, shuffling from foot to foot. His father glances up from his newspaper, and takes in the appearance of his son with a scrutinizing gaze.

“You’re home late. And your tie is loosened.” Hyunwoo his lips anxiously, doing his best to not immediately move to straighten it. Kihyun and he had gotten a bit more intimate than usual, what with the younger’s woman working double shifts tonight. He’d have honestly stayed the night, but Kihyun had basically kicked him out to get some schoolwork done.

“It got warm outside today,” Hyunwoo finally says, making sure to keep his tone even, “so I loosened it a bit after school.”

“Where have you been all night?”

“I was over at Kihyun-ssi’s, with Hoseok-ah and Minhyuk-ah,” the boy answers, rattling off the usual story. Used to, he’d leave the others out of this, but his parents have been suspicious of Kihyun ever since an argument he’d had with the older man one dinner over equal rights… His father ‘hmmph’s under his breath, straightening out his newspaper.

Hyunwoo takes this as his cue to leave. He quickly goes up the stairs and into his room, sliding down to the floor against his door with a relieved sigh. He closes his eyes as he leans his head back against the door, trying to calm his racing heart.

Despite the lack of suspicion for Hyunwoo’s true reason for being so late, the teen still can’t help but feel the adrenaline that comes with almost getting caught. He stuffs his hand into his bag, grabbing for his cell as he gets up only to throw himself onto his bed.

“Hyung?” Kihyun asks, sounding a bit confused to hear from him so soon. “Is… everything okay?” Hyunwoo can tell from his voice he means something more like ‘Was your appa a total when you got home?’ Hyunwoo chuckles, unable to keep himself from smiling at his sweet love’s concern.

“Everything was okay,” Hyunwoo assures him. “I thought for a second… but never mind. I’m just being paranoid.” Kihyun is silent for a moment, and Hyunwoo can almost see him chewing on his bottom lip in thought.

“Maybe…” Kihyun begins, sounding more hesitant than Hyunwoo has ever heard him sound. “Maybe it’s time to tell them. I mean, you’re nearly out of the house anyway, so—”

“I can’t,” Hyunwoo interrupts, shaking his head adamantly. “I’m not risking it until I’m out of this house.” Kihyun sighs on the other end.

“I’m sorry, hyung,” Kihyun says, “but I just don’t think that’s right. Even if they kick you out, my eomma would be more than happy to have you stay here, and—”

“Kihyunnie,” Hyunwoo mutters, smiling as he figures out the perfect way to distract him from the subject for now, “I had a lot of fun today…” Kihyun pushes out an amused breath, and Hyunwoo is pretty sure he’s shaking his head.

“You’re such a handful, hyung,” Kihyun finally sighs. “If anyone knew how much I had to put up with…” Hyunwoo chuckles at this, a smile coming to his face so easily some might have said he was crazy.

He can remember before he and Kihyun had decided to go down this path with their relationship. He’d never thought he could be this happy, even with having to hide everything from his family. But, as Kihyun constantly reminds him, they’ll finally be able to live out in the open soon enough. Then, he’ll have everything he’s ever wanted.

When he can finally walk down a street holding Kihyun’s hand, then his life will be perfect.