o7. makeshift heater ↠ m.

You and Me (One-shot Collection)

Description

In which Junhoe uses the perfect excuse to cuddle with Chaeyoung.

-🍁-

Jr Aquino - Hoodie

Chaeyoung felt Junhoe roll on the bed, taking the comforter with him, and the drape of his arm around the middle of his waist. Chaeyoung, annoyed at how heavy his arm could be, attempted to lift it away. But with her strength versus his, it was a futile attempt.

Stubbornly shaking his head, friction felt against her back, he mumbled, "Cold..."

"If you fixed the heater—like I told you so many times—this wouldn't happen."

He buried his head at the crook of her neck, causing his pointed nose to tickle her. As a reflex, Chaeyoung flinched away, but Junhoe was just that clingy.

"I'm really cold." His voice was muffled, with him buried in the sheets and all. "Can't you have some pity for your husband?"

Chaeyoung was cold too. Even with the numerous layers of blankets on top of them, the winter chill nipped their skins like they were . It felt like getting stuck on a freezer. But it would take her a lot to admit that. It was his fault they were cold in the first place so he didn't deserve her warmth.

The woman rolled her eyes. "Ex-husband soon since you don't follow anything I say..."

Smack in the middle of winter, their house's heater broke down and it was especially annoying since she knew she reminded him about it for so many times before autumn began. Junhoe, the natural lazy man he was, always replied with, "Next time. It's not that cold yet anyway..."

Fast-forward to the present time and it was understandable why Chaeyoung was miffed. This goes on the list of why it was good to listen to the good wife Chaeyoung the first time she told the order.

"What?!" he shrieked, thankfully muffled by the sheets. If it wasn't, there would be complaints from the neighbors again. In fact, the complaints were coming in too frequent that Junhoe had a nickname in the neighborhood; noise pollution.

Wait. Did that mean the neighbors can also hear them...? The thought of it made Chaeyoung red. This was all his fault! Thankfully, the lampshade was already off so he wouldn't see her blushing.

"I said—"

"I hear perfectly good. I was just asking again to change your statement."

"Unbelievable..." Chaeyoung muttered under her breath. "Get off me!"

"Chaeng," he complained. "Is this how you're going to play this out?"

"What? Play this out what?"

Junhoe didn't give her any answers. Instead, he nuzzled her neck with his nose. Chaeyoung couldn't help but laugh, even though every cell of her body wanted to murder him right now.

"Junhoe!" she squealed, trying her best to get off her husband's hold.

"Suffer!" he growled in mock vengeance.

The one suffering couldn't do anything but laugh. She didn't even have the power to reprimand him. Chaeyoung wanted to smack him in the head for doing things like this, especially if she was just starting to sleep. Then again, she loves him too much for her to do that. Besides, his playful side was endearing (on selected occasions, when the weather was nice, along with her mood. Tonight wasn't one of those nights though).

Junhoe stopped when she punched him on the stomach, her fist colliding against the padded jacket he wore because of the below degree temperature—lightly. Although she was so tempted, hurting him physically wasn't what she wanted right now.

"You're a bad man, Junhoe..." she struggled to say in between pants.

"You know..." he drawled, now with his arm on her side so that his upper body was on top of her. "We can do another thing to warm ourselves up."

Understanding what he meant, Chaeyoung removed the pillow behind her head and chucked it at Junhoe. "ert!"

He chuckled, shielding himself from the attack with his arm. "You know that I can't be considered a ert anymore if we're married, right?"

Chaeyoung felt her cheeks heat with that remark. As always, coming from the man, Goo Junhoe.

"Someone's acting like she did on her first honeymoon," he cooed.

"Ugh," she groaned. A lot of times, she wondered why she married this man. He loved teasing her to the point of no return. Sometimes, it was the reason why they fight because the teasing would get real real quick. And also because Chaeyoung was a sore loser.

"Remind me why I'm with you again?"

"Because I'm handsome as hell." He stole a kiss on her lips, giving her a chance to catch a whiff of their minty toothpaste. "And I'm your husband." Before he could see Chaeyoung smiling with that, he settled his head back on his own pillow and kept an arm around her waist. "Good night."

Chaeyoung turned so that she could face her husband whose eyes were now closed. She gingerly traced his cheek with her thumb, smile widening when it also produced a smile from his lips. "Good night," she whispered before closing her own eyes.

end.