Sunmi/Taeyeon

Release the Crack'en! (gxg)
Please log in to read the full chapter

I am glad to announce that, after the weird chapters, it is finally time for a normal, cliche one. I hope you'll enjoy this fluff. :) 

-----------------------

Sunmi was very aware of the fact that she was wanted by the better half of the other college students. She wasn't even being full of herself, it was just a fact. It was obvious by the letters she found every week, addressed to her in the best handwriting their owners could muster. At this point she didn't even bother opening them anymore. She didn't feel bad about it. It had become a part of her routine to pass the garbage can on an almost daily basis. 

She had been in college for almost a year now but still people didn't get tired of staring, apparently. It wasn't like it bothered her though. It was simply a confirmation to her that she was still succeeding in life. It was comforting to know that if she wanted, she could be in a relationship within a day.  

Still, there simply wasn't an interest. All she could think when one of them muttered up the courage to come talk to her, was that they were so annoying. She was sure it was visible through the fake smile she plastered on her face. Good. It usually was enough to scare off the others from trying for a little while at least. 

She went through all that and still... 

Here she was herself. Once again staring at this... nerd in the library. Sunmi suspected she was a last year (she might have spent a little too much time trying to uncover her schedule and it fit with that of a third year), so she should be about 3 years older than her. Honestly, it annoyed Sunmi to no end that the girl didn't seem to have a lot of friends. She barely walked around without her headphones, ever. After her classes she literally never lingered and went straight home. All things considered, there was absolutely no opportunity for Sunmi to talk to her. At least she herself was more open, even if she didn't accept any offers of dates. This was frustrating.  

"Why is it that you so desperately want to challenge yourself to seduce the one person who doesn't care about you at all?" 

Was that what she was doing? Challenging herself? Maybe she was. Maybe, in the back of her mind she just wanted everyone's attention, especially from the people who usually didn't care about anything or anyone. Maybe. If it was, she just got a whole lot more competitive. "Doesn't care about me?" Sunmi scoffed, "Dear Lim, that's where you're wrong. If I wanted to be close to her, I would be." She tore her gaze away from the girl, facing her friend. Lim didn't say anything but her eyebrows rose as she looked down at her books and an amused smile graced her lips. Sunmi felt personally attacked by the expression, "I bet you, I'll be on friendly terms with her within the week."  

"Oh, really?" 

"Yes, really. Easy." Sunmi looked back at the girl, forcing herself not to visibly gulp. 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 

This was why Taeyeon didn't believe in having a lot of friends. Apparently, just the one was already too much for her to handle, "come on! You're almost graduating, Taeyeon. You should go to at least ONE party when you're in college." 

Tiffany crossed her arms beratingly but Taeyeon could only frown, "why? I am just not a party person. Nothing wrong with that." 

Tiffany snorted, "she says after dancing and singing her lungs out in the middle of the night in her room." 

"Okay, first of all: don't call me out like that. Second, that's totally different! There are no people there."  

Tiffany sighed, finally sitting down next to her on her bed, "yah, careful, you're sitting on my homework." 

"Good. Taeyeon, you really have to get over your.... people-phobia or whatever. It's just one party. If you hate it, okay fine. But at least then you've tried it. This is ridiculous. You can't spend every Thursday night binge watching tv shows in your bed until 3am." 

"Can't you just take someone else?" She was actually groaning, annoyed at Tiffany's judging now that she was unable to ignore her friend any longer as she was robbed of the opportunity to continue working on her homework. 

"I CAN but I don't want to. You're my best friend, Taeyeon, but you never want to do anything fun." 

"That's what 'fun' friends are for."  

Tiffany scrunched her eyebrows together, "what does that even –mean-?!" She just shook her head, "Taeyeon, please."  

"I just don-" 

"Please." 

"There's really n-" 

"Please, I beg of you!"  

Taeyeon felt anxious already. This was going to be the worst day of her life. One friend was definitely enough.   

"See? I told you this would be fun!"  

Taeyeon had to force herself not to explode, "Fun?!" This was horrifying. She had felt uncomfortable from the moment they had entered the house and contrary to what Tiffany had claimed, that feeling only got worse the longer they were there. Not only were the guys at the party getting more drunk, Tiffany actually seemed to enjoy grinding against them as well. Taeyeon wanted to throw up. This was exactly what she had been expecting and she was never, ever going to any parties again.  

Honestly, she was surprised she had managed to survive until midnight already. After expertly worming her body away from the guys getting a tad too close to her for the last half hour, she eventually grabbed a hold of Tiffany's sleeve, "Tiff, I want to go." She carefully eyed a guy that didn't seem intent on letting her get more than two meters away from him. She felt uncomfortable. And unsafe.  

"What? The party is only just starting! Come on, Taeyeon. You said you'd give it a try." And she did!  

"It's already midnight!"  

"There's literally people only arriving now. God, Taeyeon, have fun!" If she wanted to 'have fun', she'd do it in her own room with Netflix and crisps. This was torture. Before she could respond just that, however, Tiffany had turned away from her again, giggling already at some guy's stupid joke which Taeyeon doubted she had even heard in the first place over the loud music.  

They were best friends but right now, Taeyeon was pissed with her. At this rate, she wouldn't need any friends AT ALL. She decided to just leave all of them altogether as the one guy stepped WAY within her personal bubble again. She was having none of it. How much more obvious could she be about the fact that she was not interested at all?  

Nonetheless, being alone in a house full of unknown drunk people was maybe even worse without Tiffany's sleeve to cling to. Somehow, she had found herself pressed against a wall, just eying the crowd for a way out. That was it. She wasn't staying here. She'd walk home alone, even if it was dark. She simply could not stay here. 

From the moment she took a step forward, however, a rather large guy apparently decided to move as well and she was forced to a halt as his giant back was obstructing her way. If there were any gods, they sure were cruel as hell. Even leaving was a challenge! This evening just got bumped to the top of her 'worst nights ever' list. 

She had never felt the urge to scream loudly before but...  

"Hello there. I will be your professional party-help for the evening." Before Taeyeon could even get a 'what' over her lips, she felt the girl's fingers close around her upper-arm, gently pulling her along. Taeyeon was baffled at how she managed to find just the right way to go, having no trouble slipping in through the masses and pulling Taeyeon along with her. Within a few seconds, Taeyeon felt the cool air against her too hot cheeks. She had skilfully guided them through the crowd as if it was nothing. Maybe it was. 

"Thank you. That was... way harder than it should have been and I don't know if I ever would have made it outside on my own." The girl that had guided her finally turned around and it was the first time Taeyeon got a clear view of her face. She was stunning. It was as if she had jumped right out of a professional photoshoot. She had deep brown eyes, red lips and dark hair that fell down to guide her attention to a beautiful set of collar bones. Wow, eyes up, Taeyeon!  

The girl chuckled and Taeyeon was unsure if it sounded cute or classy. She would say both if possible. Maybe her mind way still fuzzed from the loud music and panicking. "Yes, I saw. Glad to have come to your rescue."  

She looked familiar to Taeyeon but she couldn't quite put her finger on it. Taeyeon realised she was staring again and she quickly averted her gaze towards her sneakers, pushing her hands into the pockets of her jeans. It was quite cold. To her horror, her eyes landed on pale, legs, "you should go back inside. It's too cold to be outside wearing a skirt. I was just leaving anyway."  

"What? But it's only midnight." 

Taeyeon shrugged, "parties really aren't my cup of tea." She swore she saw an amused smirk and slightly raised eyebrow on the girl's face, but when she blinked it was gone again, "are you by car?" 

"oh, no. But that's okay. It's not too far. I'll just walk."  

The girl's eyebrows scrunched together, "by yourself?" 

"yes. As I said, though, it's not f-" 

"I'm coming with you. It's already dark. You shouldn't be walking home alone."  

"That's not necess-" 

"Wait here. I'm just going to grab my coat."  

Taeyeon blinked again, the girl already having ran back inside. God, she really wasn't social enough for this. Still, she found herself waiting for the girl to return. She seemed sweet.  

"Why wouldn't you wear a coat...?" 

Taeyeon huffed, rubbing her own upper arms to get warm, "why wouldn't you wear pants?"  

She chuckled again. The girl had introduced herself as 'Sunmi'. Apparently, she was a first year. Nonetheless, even if she was quite a bit younger, Taeyeon found it was actually easy to talk with her, which said quite a lot considering Taeyeon didn't like talking to the majority of people at all. The trip had been pretty uneventful, apparently already too late for adults to be outside during the week, but too early for college students to be going home just yet.  

"You really shouldn't have walked me home though. I don't even know you."  

Taeyeon felt Sunmi's eyes on her and looked up to see her pout, "really? You don't even recognise me?" 

Taeyeon blinked. Feeling kind of bad, "uhm... Don't take it personally. I don't think I'd even recognise the people that are in my own class." Her pout lasted but a second longer before she started laughing again. "God, you're weird." It wasn't the first time Taeyeon had heard that, "I like it." That on the other hand... 

Taeyeon felt her cheeks glowing. She blamed it on all the adrenaline of the evening. They continued the next minute in silence until Taeyeon came to a halt in front of her block, "this

Please log in to read the full chapter