Tiffany/Bora

Release the Crack'en! (gxg)
Please log in to read the full chapter

After the last few chapters, I bet you guys thought I was done with the weird sh*t. SURPRISE, I'm not. 

I haven't read over it either. So it's probably pretty raw. Hope you enjoy nonetheless :) 
(I'm sorry. I don't even know what this collection is anymore)

--------------------------------

 

Tiffany felt as if she had been walking for hours. Yet her legs didn’t hurt. Nor did her feet. In fact, she didn’t feel anything at all. As if she was floating and barely had any control over her legs to begin with. Every turn, would give way to a hallway much the same as the previous one. An exact copy, in fact. White walls, not a blemish to be seen. White tiled floors. Yet she didn’t feel the cold of them underneath her feet. Nor did she hear the patting sound that, she was vaguely aware, should be heard. For some reason though, it didn’t bother her. Too focussed on finding a way out.

She didn’t encounter any rooms though. Nobody else either. No sound. No smell. Just benches. Aligned against the wall. She wouldn’t sit down though. Since she wasn’t tired, it would merely be giving up. Giving up on… she wasn’t sure.

She didn’t know how she got here. Or when she had gotten here for that matter. She didn’t remember waking up here. She didn’t remember having started walking. And yet she was. She chanced a glance down, at her white leggings and blouse. Why was everything white?
If only it was pink. It would make her feel at least a little more comfortable.

Another hallway. Not as endless as it seemed at the start when another shows up around the corner. Where was she even headed? She wasn’t sure.
Really, taking everything into account. It was obvious where this was. What this was. Tiffany let out a shaky breath. Of course she was scared. But waiting around wouldn’t help. Another corner.

Her eyes met another pair of eyes. Her legs finally froze.

The stranger before her wasn’t wearing white, but a pair of jeans and a black t-shirt. So simple and yet such a change from the overwhelming white Tiffany’s eyes had been adjusting to.

The girl looked at her with curious eyes, but she looked calm otherwise. Unlike Tiffany, she was actually sitting down.

“Hi,” Tiffany hesitantly brought out, carefully stepping closer.

“Hey. I’m Bora.”

When reaching her, Tiffany hesitated momentarily, before sitting down next to her. “Tiffany.”

“What is this place?” Bora dragged her eyes away from her only to look around. As if she was expecting to find anything different from the cold white that was holding them. Cold but not threatening. Peaceful if anything.

“I’m not sure.” Tiffany studied the girl looking around for a bit, her lips pressed together. Eventually she let out the breath she had been holding. “I…,” Bora’s eyes returned to her own, “I think we’re dead.”

Bora was silent for a while, before her lips pursed and she nodded slightly. “That would make sense.” Her head cocked slightly, smile adorning her lips. “It’s less intense than I thought it’d be.”

Tiffany could only chuckle, surprised by the girl’s light reaction to this entire ordeal. Then again, who knows how long she had been here. They had probably both had enough time to deal with the reality of this by now. Any answer was good.

“I wonder what we are supposed to do. Is this it? Or is it some kind of stop?”

“Hmm… A stop would make sense. There would be more people here otherwise, right?”

“Yeah.” At this point, Tiffany was just happy there was somebody here. Just so she wasn’t as lonely anymore. Why was she allowed to wear that normal outfit though?

“So that must mean we both died. Do you remember dying?” Bora asked her, her smile only wavering slightly. It was, for sure, the heaviest topic Tiffany had ever talked about with a stranger. Then again, it wasn’t as if she’d ever been in a situation even remotely similar to this one before.

Did she remember dying? Tiffany closed her eyes. Trying to remember something. Anything. It was tough. It seemed like so long ago already. “I remember a yellow light. A very loud noise. But nothing specific.” She answered truthfully before opening her eyes again. Bora was still looking at her.

“You?”

Bora shook her head. “Nothing at all. I’ve been trying to remember but…”

Tiffany could clearly see it bothered the girl. So, she forced a smile on her own face, “never mind that now. What did you do in life?” Wow. It felt so weird to say that.

“I am attending dance academy. Or was, I guess. You?”

“Wow, that’s so cool. You want to be a professional dancer?”

Bora shrugged, “well I know it’s a tough world. But if I would have been able to, then yes. Absolutely.”

Her smile returned and Tiffany felt herself relax. She didn’t know Bora, but she knew she liked her better when she smiled. “Now, what about you?”

“Oh, well, nothing too interesting I am afraid. I do administration for a primary school. A secretary if you will.”

“Aw that’s really cute though.”

“Yeah…”

Bora kept looking at her, so Tiffany felt the need to look away. Her eyes darted around, the anything white. “Why are you wearing that?”

Tiffany looked down at her clothes. “I don’t know.”

Bora didn’t continue prodding. “Well, since we apparently have all the time in the world, how about we just chat for a bit. Get to know each other?”

Tiffany met her gaze once more, chuckling in amusement, “weren’t we doing that already?”

Bora’s smile grew into a grin, “okay. What’s your favourite flower?”

“Roses. You?”

“Lillies. Your turn.”

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

There was no day. No night. Just that same light. Almost like daylight, but missing the yellow glow of the sun. Too artificial. She couldn’t tell how long she and Bora had talked. She just knew that she probably knew more about this girl already than anybody she had met when she was alive. It was kind of sad when you thought about it. How in life, there had just been no time to sit down with somebody like this without checking the time. Without having responsibilities to get back to. Maybe being dead wasn’t the worst after all. They had gotten to a point where they had fallen silent. Hard to come up with new questions. Yet it wasn’t awkward. As if the relief they both felt at not being alone anymore, was enough to make them comfortable around one another. That and having asked the most personal questions, of course. What was the point in being secretive anymore, anyway?

Bora was something, someone, sh

Please log in to read the full chapter