Nana/Hwasa

Release the Crack'en! (gxg)
Please log in to read the full chapter

A short one with not too much plot. I was just feeling mushy for some reason. I... honestly don't know what this is. (Fine, I was slightly drunk when I started writing this.)

-----------------------------------

The only sound she heard, was the clacking of her own heels against the pavement. Nana supposed it should be reassuring, but it somehow only served to make her more nervous. It was dark, and for some reason even the street lights seemed to barely give off any light at all. It was like they were too tired to even try. Maybe it was because of the atmosphere, but Nana suddenly felt a shiver run down her back. Her hand reached into the right pocket of her coat. She felt the cold, reassuring object against her fingers. It wasn't out of the ordinary for Nana to have to walk home alone in the dark. She had taken the precaution of taking a pocket knife with her. She had never had to use it (thankfully), but she found it did make her feel better to just –know- it was there.  

Today, however, something was different. Even though she didn't hear nor see anything out of the ordinary, there was this feeling... Something was off. She couldn't quite put her finger on it though. She unconsciously quickened her pace, pulling the knife out of her pocket and readying it in her hand. Maybe she was being paranoid. Surely. She heard her uneven breathing mixing with the now faster clicking sound of her heels.  

She was almost running by the time she reached the corner of the street. Just as she rounded it a figure appeared in front of her. Nana couldn't even see who it was. It was just a shadow and her heart started beating furiously in her chest as she lashed out in a panic.  

It was only a few seconds later that she realised what had happened exactly. fell open and her breath stocked in as she saw her knife stick deep into the woman's chest. "Oh... oh m-…. Oh my God..." Nana held her hands out, wanting to pull the knife out but not knowing if that was a wise thing to do in the first place. What had she done?! She didn't know how long it took her, but with the whole 'panic' thing going on, she hadn't even noticed the woman wasn't bleeding or anything. "Why would you do that?!" She seemed upset but... her reactions hardly seemed to be in order right after being stabbed.  

The woman was shorter than herself, her hair blue and her skin pale in comparison to her dark lipstick. Her fingers wrapped themselves around the knife in her chest and to Nana it looked as if her overly sharp nails must surely have been digging painfully into her palms. Although, that was probably a silly thought considering there was a knife buried in her chest. Her hands twisted slightly to try to get the sharp object out again, but it didn't seem to work. A pained sound left her lips and Nana could only stand there with her hands still held up mid-air, regretting all her life choices. ", this hurts."  

What were you supposed to do in a situation like this? Nana willed herself to think logically. She needed to make this right. Her brain finally seemed to start working again and she reached in her handbag, pulling her phone out. As soon as the woman caught sight of it, however, she stopped her attempts at removing the knife, "what are you doing?"  

Boy, she sure was intimidating to be so small, "I'm calling an ambulance."  

The woman slapped her phone out of her hand without saying anything else. Nana could only watch, with her jaw hanging down, how the battery popped out of it as it hit the pavement, "what-?" 

"I can't believe I got stabbed while just trying to find a bite to eat. This has never happened before."  

"I would hope so," Nana bit her lip as she realised this was probably not the best moment for stuff like that to slip out.  

Much to her surprise the woman just snorted, maybe slightly amused? Nana heard the most disgusting noise when the knife finally got pulled out successfully, "finally." There was a sharp 'clang' sound as she just dropped it down on the pavement. Nana stared at it for a while, not able to put her finger on what was wrong with it exactly... Until... No blood? She directed her gaze up again, only to find not a single drop of blood on the woman's clothes either.  

"wh-" 

"Being stabbed just makes me even more hungry," Nana swore she saw a purple glow in her eyes before she lunged forward. Everything became black after. 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 

Nana shivered as a sudden wind send a trail of goose bumps all over legs. A sudden pain in her neck made her sit up. The sun was up, but the air was still heavy from thawing. Nana glanced around, finding she was sitting... lying... something in between, on a bench not too far from... the street where she had met the woman. It was all coming back to her. Slowly. Had she been drunk? Surely, she hadn't stabbed anybody? She was pretty convinced she did, but then again... She was pretty sure there would have been blood if she did? Right? Maybe somebody had spiked her drink and she was hallucinating? But then... if she was unconscious on a bench... 

"Finally. You're awake. You're so dramatic." 

Nana hadn't even noticed somebody had been standing so close to her. Which was, on second thought, not very surprising since said person was all but hidden in the shadows in between 2 tall buildings. As her eyes finally got used to the dark, she managed to recognise –her-. If it really was her though, then everything she remembered had to be true, right?  

"You attacked me!"  

The woman didn't even move. She just snorted, "you say after having plunged that knife into my chest. Right."  

Nana got up from the bench, taking a few steps closer to the woman, "are you okay?" She asked eventually, "you should go to a hospital." The woman just shrugged, however, "I'm fine."  

How could she even say that so casually? She had been stabbed! Nana had seen first-hand how deep the knife had gone! There was no way it didn't hurt or didn't leave permanent damage. She probably should be dead? Before she could open again, however, the woman started talking again. 

"How's your head?" She didn't wait for a response, instead just chuckling as if she was making fun of her, "seriously, you're so dramatic. You just fainted randomly. I wasn't going to kill you or anything."  

Nana could only frown, feeling mildly insulted, "then what did you do? Why aren't you in a hospital? What happened after I fainted?" This was all too ridiculous for words. So many inexplicable things had happened and her mind just couldn't seem to wrap itsel

Please log in to read the full chapter