Taeyeon/Wendy

Release the Crack'en! (gxg)
Please log in to read the full chapter

So, this one is kind of weird. Idk where the idea came from but hopefully you'll like it. 
Let me know what you think :)

---------------------------------------------

"Hi," Taeyeon spoke shyly into the mic. The crowd immediately roared. The feeling was exhilarating. The feeling in her stomach only intensifying when she started singing. The crowd was enjoying it. They were all her fans. Taeyeon could only look over them. There were so many faces it was impossible to focus on one in particular. All happy and excited faces. Happy to be at her concert. She effortlessly finished her song. Not screwing up a single time. It was like singing was nothing to her. Required no effort at all. She lowered her hand, that was still holding the microphone, taking in the cheers. Her gaze kept gliding over the crowd, until one person suddenly caught her attention. It made no sense. That person was in the middle of the crowd, yet her face was so clear to Taeyeon it looked as if she was standing right in front of her. In the giant crowd, hers was the only face that was detailed. The girl frowned at her. Taeyeon lifted the microphone to again. "Wh-" 

Taeyeon woke up all of a sudden. 2:30am. Her clothes were sticking onto her skin. She pushed her blanket off of her, suddenly too hot. It was the girl again. She always seemed to be there as of late. It made no sense. She looked so detailed. It would be understandable if Taeyeon actually knew her, but she didn't. Why was her mind always making up the same girl over and over again? It didn't even matter what she was dreaming. It could be a nightmare, or an impossible dream like this one. It had been 3 weeks. Almost every night. Whenever she tried to initiate a conversation with the girl, however, she'd always wake up.  

Taeyeon rubbed her eyes. It had been a while since she had had a good night's rest. It was maddening. She to her side. She'd have to wake up again in less than 5 hours. The least she could do was at least try to get some more sleep. 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 

Taeyeon felt as if she needed some tape to keep her eyes open. Making coffee had never been more exhausting than it was today.  

"Here you go." 

The girl quirked a brow, "uhm, I ordered a coffee without milk." 

Taeyeon blinked a few times before hovering over the cup to find it was indeed light brown instead of black. 

"I'm so sorry. Give me a moment. I'll make you a new one." 

The girl scoffed and Taeyeon had to do her best not to shoot her a glare. Making mistakes was human. 

"I've been standing here for 15 minutes now," a guy in the line behind the girl suddenly said, just loud enough for Taeyeon to hear. She grinded her teeth. She hated this job sometimes. The fact that she had to focus ridiculously hard to make a decent coffee now, pissed her off even more. If only she could get a decent amount of sleep.  

When she finally presented the coffee to the girl in front of her, she didn't even bother to say 'thank you' or anything, all but slamming her money on the counter before leaving. To make it worse, her next customer didn't even bother to look up from his phone as he ordered. "Cappuccino." 

And what was it with the lack of 'please' and 'thank you' nowadays? Taeyeon sighed. Maybe everything was just extra bothersome today. She pushed a cup underneath the machine, pressing a button as she waited for the coffee to pour out of it. She looked to her left, finding Tiffany looked equally busy as herself. How she managed to keep on smiling through every order, was a mystery to her. Maybe her clients weren't as difficult as her own. Doubtful. She quickly glanced at Tiffany's line, to confirm is was just as long as her own. Just as she was about to turn her head away, her heart stopped momentarily. There she was. The girl she had been seeing in her dreams for the past 3 weeks now.  

It seemed surreal. Unlike her dreams, where her hair was flowing freely and her make-up was perfectly applied, the girl seemed incredibly normal. Her hair was put up in a bun and she was casually dressed in a pair of ankle skinny jeans and a button-up shirt. Either way though, there was no mistake. This was the girl.  

"Miss! My cappuccino!" As the panicked voice reached her, the girl also looked up and their eyes met for a mere second before the guy started yelling at her again, "it's running over!" 

Taeyeon quickly pulled the cup away even though it was obviously too late for that already. She groaned, shaking the hot liquid off of her hand. "Sh-"  

She felt someone shove her from the side, "Don't curse," Tiffany whispered to her and Taeyeon quickly pressed her lips together, "are you okay?" Taeyeon nodded while sighing, "I don't think my hand is burned." 

"I didn't mean that. You look pretty out of it. You've been taking wrong orders all day and now this..."  

Taeyeon closed her eyes, "I'm sorry. I haven't been sleeping well."  

Tiffany nodded in understanding. What did she ever do to deserve such a great colleague. Such a great friend. "Why don't you take a 15-minute break? I'll be able to handle it for now and this way you can clear your mind."  

She had gone outside, leaning against the wall for only a minute before she had to glance inside again. The girl was still in line and Taeyeon decided to wait for her outside. She didn't know exactly what she would say to the girl. She'd probably think she was insane. She couldn't just let this go by though, right? Surely there was a reason she just kept on showing up in her dreams?  

She glanced inside again just to find the girl still standing in the same spot. Oh boy. Time really was passing by slowly. 

Taeyeon almost fell over her own feet when the door finally opened and the girl stepped through it, "hi!"  

The girl stopped dead in her tracks, "hi...," she sounded hesitant.  

"uhm," Taeyeon shook her head. There was no good way to say this so better get to it immediately, "I know this is going to sound insane but... You've been in my dreams for the past 3 weeks." As she heard the words leave her own lips she cringed. This sounded even worse out loud. She expected the girl to either call her insane or run away. Maybe both. 

"I know."  

Wait what? "You... know?" Out of all the possibilities this one hadn't even occurred to her.  

The girl hummed, pulling the lid off her cup and throwing it into the nearest trashbin (did this girl even know how take-away coffee cups worked?). Taeyeon ran after her. How could this girl just keep on walking? "Can you wait? What do you mean you know?"  

At least the girl stopped moving, but she looked slightly annoyed. "Look, you won't believe me even if I tell you." 

"Try me?"  

She sighed, "I'm a dream walker. Or something. I made up the name myself," she shrugged but continued when Taeyeon didn't make any indication of wanting to interrupt her, "I don't have dreams of my own when I fall asleep, but I can visit other people's dreams." It was weird to see her talk so matter-of-factly about such a strange topic.  

Taeyeon blinked, "you can choose whose dreams you visit?"  

Wendy pursed her lips, seemingly slightly surprised Taeyeon was still standing in front of her, "kind of. I mean, it's difficult to explain. It's like a web. Once I know the way to a certain person's dreams, I can reach it. I can't just decide 'Oh, I want to see what Beyonce is dreaming' though." She snorted, amused at her own jok

Please log in to read the full chapter