Epilogue

Ethereal Deaths I | BTS *reupload

Blue was coughing out lots of reds, mixing with itself to become purple. Blue smiled amidst the pain. Purple was always by Blue's side, never leaving. Purple would never abandon Blue, even if Pink wasn't there to see him in this state.

 

Pink was still obliviously sleeping on its bed back home, dreaming about happy dreams with Blue. Pink littered around the entire of Pink's room, showing its obsession with pink. Yet, a blue whale was nestled between Pink's arms. Blue was a colour that Pink never wanted to forget, for eternity.

 

The next day, Pink was driving down to Blue's house. Pink got down from its car and went to Blue's house door, knocking. In its hands was a bag of aspirin and hangover soup. Pink imagined Blue whining and being all cute in its hungover state. It couldn't resist a smile blooming on its face. However, it wasn't Blue who answered the door. An officer did.

 

Pink's eyes widened in alarm. Pink wanted to go in and see, but the officer stopped Pink. "Please do not enter. Stay outside, please." Pink peered around and saw 2 people carrying a black bag down. An uneasy feeling coursed through Pink. Isn't that a body bag? Did someone die?

 

Pink ran down the steps of the porch and grabbed at the arm of an officer passing by. "What happened?"

 

"A friend of the deceased found the deceased dead, on his bed. There was a lot of blood puked out from the deceased so it might have been a suicide attempt by poisoning or a homicide." the officer explained. "What's the deceased's name?" Pink couldn't help but ask. A sliver of dread started blooming as time seemed to slow down, Pink silently praying for the answer he was expecting to be false.

 

"Oh, his name is Kim Namjoon. An orphan with a troubled past, though his records are clean. No problems with his foster family. The social workers said that he was such a good kid." the officer continued. Pink dropped his bag.

 

No, no, no. Not Blue too.

 

Just like that, purple ceased to exist anymore, in Pink's life. It was gone, so quickly as to how it came, slow as .