After: 02 20

Ethereal Deaths I | BTS *reupload

"Noona." a voice shrieked out. She turned back and saw a boy, dressed in an adorable set of a shirt with overall pants running over to her. "Seokie yah," she called out happily. He reached and immediately stretched his hands out for a hug. She enveloped her arms over him, lifting him up and placing him on her lap. Little Hoseok giggled as he stared up at Noona's face.

 

"Noona's so pretty." he marvelled, awestruck by her. Noona smiled and his hair. "Seokie is very handsome too," she exclaimed, pinching little Hoseok's cheeks. Hoseok stood up, his short legs wobbling on Noona's legs. His small chubby hand reached out for Noona's face, giggling in delight. Noona stared down fondly at little Hoseok, smiling widely in joy. Cradling him in her arms, she stood up and spun little Hoseok around. Little Hoseok shrieked in joy, his loud innocent laughter filling the air…

 

Noona jolted awake. She was sitting on one of the hospital's chairs, her knees folded up to her chest when she slept. Her eyes were crusting up, with dried tear streaks on her cheeks. She stood up, searching. She stumbled up to one of the nurses and held her arm. "Where.." she paused, her dry lips. The nurse looked at her impatiently. "Where can I find Jung Hoseok?" she asked. "The morgue, perhaps." the nurse crassly answered and hustled off.

 

She found him later, his body charred black beyond recognition. Her fingers trembled when she reached out to touch what's left of his face. "Seokie yah," she whispered. "Noona.. Noona is so sorry. I couldn't save you from all this." Tears rolled down, dripping on Hoseok. "I.. I.." she choked on her words, overwhelmed by so many emotions. Her fingers traced the outline of his face and she couldn't take it anymore. Her legs lost strength as she collapsed to the floor, heaving and continuously sobbing.

 

"I'm so sorry.."

 

She didn't hear the doors being pushed open as her sobs overwhelmed her five senses. It came in and processed the scene before it. Its face turned into a smug expression as it walked up to the sobbing person and leaned down.

 

Pressing its lips close to her ears, he whispered, "There's no use saying sorry. It's all too late for those." She gasped and turned back, her face turning paler as she saw it. It let loose a chuckle and let its fingers run gently down her cheek. She recoiled in disgust as she tried to calm herself down.

 

It came closer and squatted down, staring into the browns of her eyes. The fire seemed to dance as it flicked its fingers back and forth. "Do you want to know what happened when you play with fire?" it cackled, its palm feeding a small growing fire. It brought straight to her eye level, seeing the fire reflected in her eyes. Fear churned like rippling currents as she wildly looked around for routes of escape. Its laughs grew in intensity as it realised her intentions.

 

It shook its head in mock pity. "Hmm. Perhaps I'll be alive then or dead then. It's up to you, lady."  His lips curled in disdain as he spat out the last sentence. Its eyes glowed in malice as it reached out for her soul. Twisting his hands, it took the soul and squeezed it, feeling it burst like a fish roe with his fire devouring it whole. The body of her fell limp on the floor, unable to function without a soul.

 

It walked over and stared at the body. "Now, it's time." it murmured as it put itself into her body. The body spasmed as it started up, while it patiently waited for the body to accept it. It opened her brown eyes and used her lips to curve into a small smile. "I'm ready."

 

She stood up, slightly unsteady. Shaking her head, she snapped her fingers as she slowly walked out. The charred body of Jung Hoseok dissolved into a pile of black ashes, fluttering as they swirled in the air before finally settling into a small heap.

 

"Now, it's time for revenge..?"