12 30

Ethereal Deaths I | BTS *reupload

"Eun?" a small voice softly called. "Taehyung?" she whispered, her voice hoarse. "I'm here, shh." Taehyung covered her eyes with his hands and hugged her tight.

 

"I'm home," he said, bringing up some pills. "Now eat this, and sleep it all away." he handed her those pills. She looked up hesitantly at him. "It'll help." Taehyung's earnest gaze convinced her.

 

She lifted her hand up to , popping the pills in and swallowing them dry. Taehyung scooped her up bridal style, humming a soft lullaby as Eun felt so sleepy, her eyes threatening to close.

 

Her eyes suddenly shot open, scaring Taehyung. "What's wrong, baby?" he cooed, rocking her as he walked. "Nothing, I just wanted to see your face again before I sleep. I can't sleep well without." she sleepily mumbled. "Look all you want, I'm here for you," he whispered. His eyes suddenly started watering, and he willed himself to hold it in.

 

No going back now. There's practically no way to reverse all these. "Sleep well. All will be fine when you wake." he murmured to her as he set her gently down on the hammock. He knelt as he pushed the hammock back and forth. Her figure gradually stilled to just faint rising and falling of her chest.

 

It broke. Water streaked down his face like a heavy downpour, as he tried to stifle in his sobbing. He quickly crawled away, not wanting to wake her up. Moving to a tree, he reached up to grab it. So familiar, soothing. Sharp.

 

Slice. Droplets of red welled up as he stared at it. He sat down, staring at it as it fell to the ground below.

 

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10... He watched as time signalled for the impending thing to do.

 

His other hand reached out into his jacket, fishing out a bottle of pills. Yanking the cover open, he poured them into his mouth. He quickly swallowed them. So familiar, such nostalgia.

 

Slice. More and more blood welled out, turning into a small display of red flowing out. He closed his eyes, happy again.

 

This is the end. Finally.

 

His lips turned up into a small smile and he folded into himself.

 

Goodbye.

 

I'm never sorry.