Execution

HEALING YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mr. Kim asks the three of us to see him after work, which I find absurd. He rarely contacted me lately and out of the blue arranged a meeting with us. My instinct is telling me that something bad is about to happen, or it already had.

The atmosphere is filled with tension, it makes me nervous to even utter a word. Mr. Kim is accompanied by a guy, which I guess is from The Alliance. He's built like a bodyguard, with a stern expression and good posture. If I passed by this guy on the street, I would probably keep my head down and not dare to stare at him straight in the eyes.

"We made a plan." Mr. Kim starts. "And in three days, we'll be executing it. If you're wondering why I called for a meeting, it's because we need your help."

The three of us fall silent. My throat feels dry. So this day has finally come. It feels like a dream. Just a few months ago, I was doing my daily routine in the cafe, minding my own business, and today I finally realised how my life changed 180° with this whole Hunters vs. The Alliance fiasco.

"What can we do to help, sir?" Yixing asks, breaking the silence. The word 'sir' is uttered so awkwardly I almost laughed.

"Just call me uncle." Mr. Kim suggests. He looks at his friend and orders him to spread out the plan map. There are some short notes branching out from a picture at the center. The plan looks like something that comes out of a spy movie. "Look, this building right here is where the hunters are based in, the headquarter. We're going to go into the building and save the healers that are kept in captive in the basement. And in order to get in, we need you to make a distraction."

"What kind of distraction are we talking about here, dad? You don't say..." Jongdae's look of realisation ater the last sentence made Mr. Kim smiles. He explains the plan further so we will not miss any crucial details.

"Dad, are you seriously asking us to do those things?" Jongdae protests.

"It's okay, Jongdae. I think we can do it. We just need to be extra careful." I say. "Plus, we have each others' back so there's no need to feel scared."

Jongdae sighs in defeat.

 

 

 

"Aren't we too old for these outfits?" Jongdae whines, untucking his shir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter