Unravels

HEALING YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Actually, Baekhyun. I do have something to tell you about him.”

Jongdae says it with a serious tone, and I’m quite scared to hear what he’s going to tell me. It’s not like him. He doesn’t sound like the Jongdae I know, or knew. And it’s not because I don’t know him well, it’s more likely because I have seen a lot of the happy and joker sides of him to forget that he can be serious too.

“My dad. He’s been quite secretive these last few months. I don’t know why but I’m positive that he’s hiding things from me. And it hurts me, a little, because we don’t keep secrets from each other, my dad and me.”

I feel bad for Jongdae and somehow I feel the hurt too. It’s true, they have a relationship that is more like best friends rather than father and son.

“He’s been coming home late these days, and I don’t know where or what he’s doing. Everytime my mom calls him for dinner he’ll always give us excuses, ridiculous ones even. So when he went out yesterday, I sort of investigated stuff.”

“What did you find?”

“I found a notebook. Sort of a journal. He wrote everything he’s been doing the past few months there, since the beginning of this year. And trust me, it’s too impossible to believe. I don’t know if you’ll even believe what I found.”

“Trust me, Jongdae. I’ve seen stuffs which I thought was impossible before. Just tell me what you read, and I’ll decide later whether to trust it or not.”

He takes a deep breath before telling me what he discovered yesterday.

“It was mostly just scribbles of what he did and where he went, with the dates and times jotted down. But the most important part I read is that my dad somehow wrote about unicorns, the supernatural stuffs. He wrote their history, who was the first unicorn and how they came to be in the human civilisation.”

“Jongdae… I,”

“But I read something else too. And it’s the latest entry in his journal. He wrote that the “hunters” has been doing it wrong by shooting them with silver bullet. And he wrote in the end that he found out the real way to kill them.”

Words cannot express how alarmed I am at what he just told me. Jongdae’s father, the kindest man I have ever met beside my own dad, knew how to kill unicorns. It just doesn’t add up. Is he one of the hunters? I still can’t believe that. And as if he knew we were talk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter