The School Field Trip

A Trip to Korea

 The room was completely silent until you dropped your textbook. When it made a loud thump, you felt everyones head turn towards you, and their eyes watching your every move. "Sorry," you said shyly. You picked up my book, and intentively started to listen.

"As I was saying," added Ms. Sereno, "We are traveling to Korea for our studies." She began taking papers from a nicely stacked pile, and placing them on peoples' desks. "Please bring this permission slip home and have your parents sign their signature on the bottom line." You couldn't help but smiling as she swiftly put the white paper onto your desk. Could this really be happening? You wondered. You started pinching your arms, making sure that it wasn't a dream. After a few minutes, you realized that I really wasn't dreaming, and started reading the detailed paragraph printed on the rectangular sheet of paper.

 

Dear parents,

This year, the school has decided to host a month-long trip to Korea. The expenses are around $250, but students will be attending a camp for the whole trip. Every pupil will be paired up with a roommate (girl and girl, boy and boy) of their choice. If requested, they will have the option of having their own room. If you have any questions, please email the school website for any additional information. 

 

You sat at your desk, shocked. $250? You though to yourself. I have to go... But how am I going to convince my mom?