Chapter 1

Ageless Dream

 

You can't believe you lost your way around. This is your second year attending Meng college of Illusionist. The estate is so vast that you can barely map into your cluttered head. You fix the tennis racket hung across your back once again and continue dragging the suitcase heading the other way. You should have called Eru whether she make it or not.

“You need help around?”

“Oh Lord!” Your phone almost drops. “yes thanks much”

In front of you stood a beautiful sight of an angel like figure, with platinum white hair and ethereal clear blue eyes. He is Vernon, the student councils President. He runs a Gardening club during his free time and he is an immortal, which you aren't.

Those are the quality that unconsciously group you into immortal, basically in this world. If you have a super white hair with a pair of majestic blue eyes, then you are one. But not in your case.

You do have a mass icy white hair. For immortal, having white hair amongst them determine old age, wise or that you are a witch. It's a myth but none of your family wears one. Only you. Only you have been weird both in good and bad ways.

“Are you new?” Of course you never talk to him before. Yet, you still harbour crush on him.

“uh no. But I still can't get used to the way around yet” you fake a laugh which obviously sounds downright fake.

"That's normal. Don't worry too much. Let me show you to the cafeteria. They changed the registration there because the main hall is still under construction." He reasons, pursing his lips occasionally into an amiable smile as he spins on his heels.

"I'm sorry to bother you." You bow lightly and tail behind him.

"I'm in charged for today by the way. No worries."

The walks there took almost ten minutes. You admire his broad back from behind smiling like a fool while he doesn't bother to initiate more conversation. You've always admired him from afar and it feels like a dream to be a girl who he offered help with although to him it might be nothing. It means a lot to you. It feels like your crush finally acknowledge that you exist.

You've always have eyes on him since your first year, you bet every girl in the college does. He always has that eyes that looks so serene, tranquil and warm but unapproachable. Fathomless.

As a mortal, you feel like you have lots of flaws, but immortal seems perfect in mortals’ eyes. Their simple gesture almost could move weight on your shoulder. That's because immortals are once mortal but they are reincarnated specially. Few of them have magical abilities but the virtue that they got in common is they can talk to animal they possessed of.

Vernon is possessed with a spirit of a tiger. Then there are his twelve other friends who are also bunch of immortals. Mortals look up at them as if they are gods which of course sounds even absurd. Other bunch of immortals who are as fathomless and unreachable by a mere friendly gesture.

"There. You can find your way around. I assume?" He turns around. He looks perfect again. Sunlight shimmers his profile.

If you're one of the immortals, you might have the gut to say at least a mere I like you. Here is the thing that explains why a barrier among mortals and immortals is so high.

Dating amongst them is taboo.

You just smile and bow as he thuds away. He might not hear your muffled thanks as you recall again and again how distant the gap between you and him.

It's not like you will end up with him in the end and it is a clearly a waste of time and effort to hope that he likes you back. He doesn't even acknowledge you.

It has been so long that you lose that hope. So it's fine to continue living as a mortal which your age might limits to a hundred at most. It's a too short span of time. You better get your motive right, get a life and end up happy.

You step up into the hall of the cafeteria with a renewed spirit. It combusts with laughter and cheeky chatters as always. You still get the judging look from fellow mortals who whisper of how of a witch you are.

It is a coincidence that you are a good friend with Eru, reality check, she is the real witch. Her family had been one for century. Speaking of her, she just calls your phone but you already have your eyes on her. She is standing by the third tables across the sink, anxiously on her phone.

You are walking by a couple of girls when your occasional migraine attacks. "For goodness sake."

You hiss, clutching your temple in attempt to massage it but it feels so intense that it is almost your head dried.

You find yourself swaying as you suddenly lose your footing and out of nowhere you feel ticklish on your tummy as if someone’s palm is planted there. Those fingers are gently digging the fabric of your shirt and your vision grow hazy.

“Hold yourself would you? Are you gonna faint now. In the midde of a freaking cafeteria?”

Somehow you can make out the outlier of a Woozi guy, an absolute immortal, totally not an angelic one but the complete opposite. Significantly he always has that blue piercing eyes like uv rays in the middle of summer. It scorches yours to stare that long.

A playful squeeze sends a jolt that makes you realise that he had been supporting you in the middle. A wave of pain surges again and you are sent to back to the abyss.

 

 

Woozi. Rumour says he is ruthless. That was before he becomes an immortal alongside with Vernon and his society. But he is still so mean. You have a few classes together yet he never pays attention to mortals, nonetheless you. He despises them. He often picks on them, and he never shows them any mercy. He is so mean that he plays around with everybody and he never takes them seriously.

But why would he help you?