Manager Unnie pt 5 (Make A Move, Fight For Love)

NaPink's Daily Life

A/N: Hello, the last chapter of the 5-part series, 'Manager Unnie' is done! Hope that you all liked this short series and let me know what you think! Also, feel free to let me know what kind of story you want for the next shot or multi-shots!

Thank you for reading and see you all next time in my next update!

Cheers, 

Spy

--------------------------

Ever since the new arrangement, the manager and artiste pair have been avoiding each other, more like Nayoung was trying to avoid any interactions with Kyulkyung especially when they were outside. She did not want any netizens to post pictures of them interacting or else she would be booted off to finance immediately. She knows her father well. He would always mark his words. Thankfully, she had the flexibility to choose her group schedules and she always chose those indoor filming schedules where it was impossible to film her. Music shows are different since fans are free to attend them. Sometimes, she would also volunteer to drive the girls home late at night.

For the personal manager role, things got a little light as Eunwoo doesn't fly that often. All she had to do was to take care of the artiste and drive her to her hosting/ singing gigs. When she was with Kyulkyung, she had to fly often, shuttling between Korea and China. Not that she hated flying, but the frequent flying did make her father complain about not being home for dinner often. However, one bad thing about being Eunwoo's personal manager was there was a slight tension between them after the meeting.

"Manager unnie, what is with the new arrangement? asked Eunwoo, while they were on their way to her hosting gig. It was a week after the meeting. Boy, the leader was probing too much.

"Top management's orders."

That was all Nayoung could say.

"Aren’t you President Im's daughter? Don't you have any say in of all this?" Eunwoo challenged her manager. She couldn't stand to see her favourite maknae being so upset.

"No."

"Kyulkyung misses you. At least stop avoiding her like the plague. You kind of hurt her. I will step in if you continue to cause her pain."

The drive was so quiet that neither uttered a word.

Nayoung was very apologetic to Kyulkyung. She remembered avoiding her touches, telling her to not show any skinship and even stopped talking to her when they were outside. However, when the girls were at the dance studio, recording studios or indoors, she would not reject any advances made by the younger. Initially, Kyulkyung thought that things had gotten better between them but when the manager went back to being cold, this had made the younger so confused.

That had been going on for quite some time until recently, Kyulkyung too, had given up and ignored her altogether.

As each day passed, the interactions between them lessened and that hurt Nayoung a little more. She knew that she had to do something.

"Minkyung, you are driving the girls back from MBC radio, right? Let me take this one," she told the 2nd manager, as she entered the office. Both Minkyung and Nayoung were at the office as it was Kyungwon's turn for the group schedules.

"Oh, sure. Do you want me to take one of your shift?" replied Minkyung, looking up from her desktop computer. She was working on her timesheet and reimbursement.

"No need. Just take it as a night off or something and a thank you for covering me whenever my father decides to summon me as and when to the board of directors' meetings."

"No biggie. Just doing my job. Anyways, what is with you and Kyulkyung?"

Even Minkyung was curious. Minkyung and her have been good friends ever since Nayoung had started working. Not that she hadn't become good friends with Kyungwon. It was just that in situations like this, Minkyung is more mature and reliable. She knew that she could depend on her. On the other hand, Kyungwon is the kind of unexpected friend that will catch your back even when you fall. Furthermore, Kyungwon is too close to the girls, she can't risk the 3 girls knowing too much of her problems. Nonetheless, she is still thankful for the 2 managers ever since she had started working.

"Remember the episode during Weekly Idol? Netizens wrote a lot of stories of me and Kyulkyung being together and that made my father very unhappy. He told me to cut off unnecessary contact with her or else I will be sent to finance permanently. I don't want to leave this post. I like the job," confessed Nayoung. Not that the managers did not know of her father's working style and temper.

"It being the president's daughter, huh? You should fight for your rights, Nayoung. You are going to take over the company but that doesn't mean that you can't be in a relationship with your artiste. Look at YG, he too is married to his wife that was under a group managed by his company. So what if the public knows, at least you are happy with Kyulkyung. Happiness beats anything in the world, Nayoung. Fight for love."

"You make a lot of sense. I should promote to some administrative post," joked Nayoung, knowing very well that the other manager preferred to be with Pristin.

"No thank you. I love my job too."

"What's with you and Yaebin. You guys have a more complex relationship."

"We are best friends that promised to marry each other if none of us is married at 30."

"Tell me how is this any better."

-------------------------

On the way to MBC radio station, Nayoung went to take over Kyungwon's shift and told the other manager to get a good night's rest. She was hanging around the backstage of the radio station, listening to the whole conversation.

"A listener is troubled with his crush and we have given him some advice. Let's talk about something related to this topic. What are all your ideal type? For me, I prefer someone reliable, especially at my age this quality is a must," said Shinyoung, the resident radio host.

"I prefer someone with pretty eyes and a good personality. Someone who is filial and will treat my parents well," replied Eunwoo. She always loved radio shows.

"Yes, this is good quality. Very important actually, especially when our parents are all getting older. Finding someone reliable and filial will take good care of our parents. It also works two ways right? We must also be filial to our parent-in-law," remarked Shinyoung.

"Agreed..." The girls were all agreeing to Shinyoung and continued to contribute their inputs to the topic.

"Next, Yaebin, how about you?" said the host, moving on to the next member.

"A person who cares for me!" The rapper exclaimed almost too happily, with someone in her mind.

"That's nice. Have found anyone yet? You see too excited to share," teased Shinyoung, while looking at the idol with a teasing smile.

"Aniya..."

Yaebin was so shy and began to fluster. This makes the host and the other girls burst into laughter.

"Ok, how about Kyulkyung?"

Nayoung was all ears for her answer.

"Someone calm and dependable." Now it was Kyulkyung's turn.

"Sounds stoic though," said Shinyoung but she respected the different ideal types.

"It's charming," said the visual shyly.

"We all have our ideal types right?" Shinyoung was amazed at the girls, having their ideal types with amazing qualities.

The show continues with the 4 of them talking about other topics. When it was time to wrap up, Shinyoung said, "we are coming to an end to our radio show. It is getting dark and we all better get home and rest. Let's thank Pristin for coming over to have a lovely time with us. Everyone, remember to support Pristin's new single album, 'Like a V.' Before we go, let's listen to the exciting song, 'Get It', one more time. Good night and see you next time!"

Shinyoung then switched off the microphone and played 'Get It'. The girls thanked the MC and staff. Before they head off, they spent some time at the radio station to do a short dance to their single and chatted briefly with the host, thanking her for hosting them. As the girls turned around to head back to the backstage, one of them was surprised to see Nayoung, or maybe all of them.

"Manager unnie, I thought it is Minkyung's turn tonight?" asked Yaebin, definitely disappointed.

"I took this shift instead," replied Nayoung.

"Wae?" asked Yaebin, while folding her arms all ears to the answer. She will punish Minkyung tomorrow if it wasn't any good reason.

"Just feel like it," said the manager, but her eyes were looking at someone else.

"Oh, man. But oh well, let's go, Eunwoo," she went to drag her leader, giving understanding the intentions of her manager.

"Hey, how was the radio show?" asked Nayoung as Kyulkyung walked past her.

"It's great."

Kyulkyung just wanted to make the conversion brief, despite the older being the one who initiated it.

"I guess that I am calm and dependable?" Nayoung decided to continue the conversation but it seemed like the wrong topic. With that cue, Kyulkyung turned all red and quickened her pace to catch up with the other Pristin girls. All the manager could see was a red-faced and flustered girl. Maybe, it wasn't a wrong topic after all. She just chuckled at that sight and walked ahead to get the car.

On the way back to the dorm, the girls were all tired and slept in the car. When they reached the dorm, the manager went to wake the two older girls and told them to go back first.

"I want to talk to Kyulkyung for a while. I will make sure that she's back within 15 minutes."

"No worries. Take as long as you need to and thank you," Eunwoo placed a hand on her shoulder.

Nayoung inhaled deeply before waking the girl up.

"Kyulkyung, wake up. We are here already."

"Oh. Where are the rest?"

"They went back first."

"I should go too," said Kyulkyung as she was about to exit the car and leave. Before she could take a step towards the lobby, Nayoung back hugged her.

"I am sorry, Kyulkyung, for everything. I haven't been treating you right for the past month. I am sorry."

"Let go."

"No, I am not letting go. Please listen to me."

"I know that you like me. I like you too, ever since the day I met you again. Our Busan trip made me realise my feelings for you but my father, he was not keen on the idea of us being together. I listened to him. I thought this was the right thing to do, but it wasn't. I was hurt because I hurt you deeply. Please forgive me. I will do whatever it takes to have your forgiveness."

Kyulkyung pulled Nayoung's arms around her waist and turned around, holding the tan girl's hands.

"Do you know how hard is it for me, for the past month? You, being hot and cold to me was unbearable. I tried to move on, thinking that it is just some phase."

The idol looked up to see her manager's face. The older was apologetic and at least there was a reason for such behaviour. The younger then continued, "I am glad that you have opened it up to me. I like you too, ever since you've helped me when I was young. Seeing you again is a dream come true. But since you have made me sad for the past month, you will make it up to me, by bringing me out on dates."

The idol gave the older a smile, as a sign of forgiveness and cupped the older's cheeks, looking at her favourite person with love.

"So, is this an 'I forgive you' kind of situation?" asked Nayoung. She was getting embarrassed at the reverse situation. This time it's the younger who is so endearing and loving.

"Of course, Manager unnie," Kyulkyung whispered into Nayoung's ear while giving her a tight embrace.

"Or should I say, Nayoung unnie," continued the younger, with a seductive voice.

"This sounds so much better," replied Nayoung, with confidence and spun the girl around, definitely glad that she made a move and fought for her love.