Manager Unnie pt 4 (Closer?)

NaPink's Daily Life

A/N: Hello! The new update is ready. Sorry to be late by a week TT but do enjoy this new chapter!

Edit: If you haven't watched the Old Weekly Idol before (hosted by Doni and Coni) or never seen the ice bucket challenge on Weekly Idol, you can watch a short segment from Apink's 2015 appearance at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fPNjANahSM&t=2222s from 13:25 to 16:15.  It may be easier to understand the story.

-----------------

"Wow, what happened to you? You looked like you've run a marathon. I thought you've gone to Busan with the crown princess." remarked Eunwoo as she saw Kyulkyung walking in. Putting down her bowl of salad and beckoned the youngest, looking all flushed, to come over.

"The crown princess is too tall. Her legs couldn't catch up," this time Yaebin teased at the maknae's height, as she looked up from her Nintendo switch.

"Yah Yaebinnie, wouldn't you be doing a triathlon then?" The maknae still made a comeback remark, slightly annoyed at the teasing by her close sisters after that embarrassing scene. Yaebin just gave her the TT sign but continued, "seriously, what's with you? Eunwoo told me some parts of it but you've got to fill in the details."

The maknae shared with them the details of the trip and the encounter that she and Nayoung shared 8 years ago.

"Fate just works in a mysterious way," claimed the rapper and the rest nodded with her. 

"Good luck, seems like she is trying to avoid any progression in the relationship. You should at least test out if she really likes you," said Eunwoo, waving her fork and the others looked at her, as in the leader will be a threat to their safety. She is definitely too invested in the maknae's relationship.

"Anyways, how are you doing with Minkyung unnie?" asked the visual, laying on the rapper's shoulder.

"We have been at it for 2 years, I guess we are just comfortable being like this, it seems like there is no need for a label," explained Yaebin. She was definitely too relaxed at her progress with her own crush. Sometimes, the girls wonder if the two are dating or are just really close sisters but one of them does not feel the same way.

"Does she like you back?" asked the Chinese girl carefully, not trying to hurt the tiny girl's heart.

"I don't know to be honest but I am fine like this, as long as she cares for me," replied the small bean, and continued to play her game.

"You guys are weird, liking our managers," chuckled the leader, shaking her head at her two members that were in the predicament.

"Don't say that too soon, that was what happened to Kyulkyung," said Yaebin, smirking at the leader.

"They had a connection prior to this!" Eunwoo exclaimed, showing a huge cross sign to make sure that her group knows that she will not be like them.

-----------------

Prisitin was making a comeback soon and their first schedule was Weekly Idol. 

The managers will be fetching us soon! Get ready in one hour. After getting ready, they were lazing at the couch for one of the managers to accompany them down but their bet was Minkyung unnie. 

"Girls, let's go." it was Kyungwon who said as she entered.

"You two seem disappointed. Minkyung's in the car and Nayoung unnie is at the office. She will drop by later. Let's go."

-----------------

Nayoung was settling some paperwork before making her way to the MBC filming site for Weekly Idol. She wanted to be there for their first schedule since she is the head manager. After parking her car, she went to the site and was suddenly mobbed by the other managers. Seemed like they have already started filming. The managers were holding onto her and pointing at her. 

"Pristin, so this manager will be taking your punishment if you get the dance wrong," said Doni, as he pointed to Nayoung and the camera followed his direction.

Coni beckoned Nayoung to come over and Doni told the rest to introduce the manager.

"She is the head manager and the newest," Eunwoo introduced her manager.

"How long has she been with you all?" asked Doni.

"6 months!" Yaebin joined in.

Nayoung was so confused and the first person she looked at is Kyulkyung. 

"Ok, so your manager will take the punishment. Alright, let's start with the first song!" 

Doni continued hosting. The intro of 'Get It' was playing and the girls were getting ready to dance and everything was going well. Then the music switched to the chorus. Eunwoo kind of slipped up the dance move during the transition but she managed to get into the groove again. 

"Eunwoo ah, Eunwoo ah," chimed the MCs.

Everything was going fine but when the song switched to Wee Woo, things got a little out of control. Yaebin and Kyulkyung collided on the shoulder as they ran past each other to their spots as the song changed and Eunwoo, who was in front leading the choreography was wondering what was going on. The dance was quite messy at that point. Both Doni and Coni laughed at the sight and told them to stop.

"Stop stop stop, why did you two collide into each other! This is the first time that I saw this for small groups. Focus so that you can get your present," remarked Coni and both of the MCs roared in laughter, remembering how the two youngest members collided, for a small group of three. 

But Eunwoo and Yaebin were showing glints of mischieve and Doni caught it, "maybe they want to get wrong. Look at those 2."

"Let's start the music!" continued Doni.

Next song was black widow, their side track. While they were moving to their next position as the music changed, Yaebin stood at Kyulkyung's position and told the latter that her original position was the one opposite. This led to a scene that made Doni and Coni stopped the music. 

"I'm sorry, what happened?" asked Coni, looking all confused even with the sunnies he was wearing.

"Kyulkyung is at the wrong position," said the rapper.

"Aniya," whined the visual as she knew that she did not get the dance wrong.

Yaebin then reasoned with Kyulkyung by dancing from the previous verse and she heaved a sigh of relieve as the latter did not suspect her for lying. 

"Ah, Kyulkyung, since you got it wrong. Time to give your manager the punishment. It is the ice bucket challenge." The staff brought in the makeshift mini pool and a bucket of ice water. 

"Kyulkyung, you will have to pour this at your manager," explained Doni.

All Nayoung did was to just look at Kyulkyung, hoping that the younger will get the signal and not pour. 

"Your manager look so pale from the sight of the bucket. Are you ok?" asked Doni.

"I am ok, let's do this," said the manager, after composing herself from the unexpected situation.

"So cool," exclaimed Coni.

"Yah, Kyulkyung, hurry!" continued Coni, wanting the punishment to happen since it is fun. He had a fun time with this new punishment, after good reviews from Infinite's and Apink's episode, the PD decided to continue with the punishment for the whole of summer.

"I will do it slowly," said Kyulkyung, pouring the water drop by drop. All Nayoung could do was to resist the urge from running away, feeling the drops of ice cold water hit her. But she wished that the younger would pour it one-shot, to spare her from the agony. 

"Your manager is being teased. Just pour it one-shot," said Doni, to the visual and the visual immediately poured everything, mumbling "sorry" continuously to her favourite manager.

After being drenched, Nayoung was shivering and got up of the pool, and the staff passed the towel to Kyulkyung. Kyulkyung quickly wrapped it around the older and looked away, missing the blush on her manager's tan skin. 

"Do you want to switch if they get it wrong again?" asked Doni.

Nayoung just shook her head. 

"So cool! Anyways, music cue!" said Coni, as he continued hosting the show.

Kyulkyung was determined to not get wrong and was staring at her members, signalling to them not to get any dance wrong. They were dancing to their new song and it was all good. Soon, the music changed to 'We Like' and Yaebin was starting to get confused, trying to keep her face straight so that the maknae will not kill her. After a few songs and switching to their new song, the girls successfully cleared the segment.

"It's a success for Pristin!" exclaimed the 2 MCs in sync.

The filming stopped so that the girls could rest after the tiring segment. The first thing Kyulkyung did was to approach her manager. 

"I didn't know that they will get the managers to do the punishment," said the youngest girl, as she held Nayoung by her shoulders, making sure that the towel would wrap around the older more snuggly.

"They did pre-empt us to bring extra clothes. You can change into mine," continued Kyulkyung.

One of the staff then passed a set of fresh clothes to the drenched manager. 

"I guess there is no need to anymore," Nayoung was a little awkward around the girl after that night but before she left to change, she gave a pat on the younger's head, "you did well just now, I'm proud of you."

Kyulkyung stood on the spot, with a huge and many were watching them.

"Yah Minkyung unnie, only if you could be half as sweet as Nayoung unnie," Yaebin whined at her favourite manager and all she got was a knock on her head and a teasing smile instead. 

"I guess we should do something about them," said Kyungwon and Eunwoo nodded. 

-----------------

It was 2 months after 'Get It' promotion and the girls were wrapping up for the summer comeback. As there were not many schedules for the girls, the head manager went back to the company to meet her father and work on administrative work.

"Nayoung ah, how is work?" asked her father, as he looked up from reading the IPad.

"It's great. I still like the manager role out of all of the other role," said Nayoung with a slight smile.

"I can tell. Look at this first before giving me a good explanation." President Im frowned and gave his daughter a disapproving look before tossing the Ipad across his table, to his daughter. It was the Naver page with the search engine "Pristin Kyulkyung and manager". Many websites were churned out by the Naver search engine. She read through the brief description and many netizens were writing about how close she is to the idol and there was mixed expression. Some loved the idea of them being together but some netizens were against it, because of their jobs. A few websites were mentioning about the Weekly Idol episode they filmed 2 months ago.

"Appa... It's just what the netizens are writing. We are not together," explained Nayoung, trying to the right words and her voice trembled. She was afraid.

"I believe you but you do know that you are going to take over the company right? Where is your professionalism?" scolded President Im. He was so mad at how her daughter is involved with the visual of Pristin and it will not be a good image when she takes over the company. Currently, no one knows that she is the heiress to Pledis and is known as 'Pristin's manager'.

"I get it, appa. I will keep my distance from her," Nayoung sighed and promised her father. She did not want to disappoint him. She had lived a life, following her father's footsteps and whatever he had planned for her. She was used to it. The truth was, she wanted to be an idol but her father was against it because she will take over Pledis one day.

"You better be or I will send you off to finance. You should also stop being her personal manager," said President Im. as it gave an ultimatum.

"Dae, appa. I will switch with Kyungwon. If there is nothing else, I will take my leave.

"Wait, you should come home for dinner someday, omma miss you very much."

The girl gave a slight nod before leaving the room. After the meeting with her father, she looked at her calendar and decided to set a meeting with the girls and the managers. 

-----------------

"Due to unforeseen circumstances, I will need to switch with Kyungwon. Kyungwon will be Kyulkyung's personal manager and I will be Eunwoo's with effect from today. I will be taking up more administrative roles but I will still try my best to take turns with the rest when it comes to group schedules. If there are no questions, you all can go for your next schedule."

The room fell silent and was there was an uncomfortable atmosphere. The head manager quickly packed her stuff and was ready to leave but a certain raven head followed her outside. 

"Nayoung unnie."

The manager continued to walk away, pretending to not hear the younger. 

"Nayoung unnie," this time the younger plead the older to stop.

Nayoung was spun around and she was now face to face with Kyulkyung. 

"Why?" asked the younger. She was so confused. They were doing fine for the past 2 months, over the promotion period. Was there something wrong with her or did Nayoung got tired of her?

"It's from the management," Nayoung explained briefly and quickly spun her heels, wanting to walk away. The younger was definitely hurt and she did not want to cause further pain.

"If you are uncomfortable with everything, I can stop," the younger panicked and grabbed onto the manager's wrist. She really wanted to fix everything. The news was too sudden.

"I am sorry," the older apologised and yanked away from the younger's grasp on her right wrist.

Kyulkyung just watched her manager walk away.

-------------------

A/N pt 2: Oh no... What is happening here? Do you think that they will interact again? If so, any guesses as to who will approach the other first?