Beach Date

NaPink's Daily Life

It had been over two weeks since they have ended promotion for “We Like”. The company have decided to give them their well-deserved break since they worked hard for their second comeback. Kyulkyung was really excited about the break. It would mean more time to spend with her girlfriend, Nayoung. Though they are together almost 24/7, she wanted to spend quality time alone with Nayoung.

“Unnie, what should we do during the break?” Kyulkyung asked while looking at Nayoung with anticipation.

“Let’s just stay here.” Nayoung yawned and tapped the younger’s head.

“What? When have just rested for 2 weeks here since manager oppa wanted us to stay out of the spotlight after the end of our comeback,” the younger pouted and was simply not satisfied with the older. She stared at the leader in disbelief. She knew that the comeback for “We Like” was more tiring than “Wee Woo” but she didn’t expect the older to want to rest at the dorm for the entire break and not even hang out with her.

“I think I will stop. I have trolled you enough.” Nayoung burst out laughing at the Chinese girl. She liked how the ostrich looked like she was about to kick her, the stone buddha.

“Yeap, stop unnie. Be glad that I am the only person who can stand your lame jokes and sarcasm.” Kyulkyung huffed such that her bangs flew upwards slightly and her back faced the older. It was not like she didn’t like the older girl’s jokes but sometimes the latter’s jokes would go out of hand.

“Now that I think of it my lame jokes and sarcasm are only for you,” Nayoung tried to appease the younger by thinking of something impromptu and back hugged the younger.

“oh wow, what did I do to deserve all these TT I am your girlfriend unnie.” She turned around and faced the older and was trying to fake a cry.

“That’s what makes our relationship special.” The stone rocked the younger left and right in the back hug. The older than whispered “I love you” into the younger’s right ear to make up for teasing her. The younger blushed at her stone’s sweet nothings.

The two had decided to go to the beach since the Chinese girl wanted to go to the beach but she couldn’t because of the comeback. Now that her long deserved break is here, she decided to drag the stone there whether she was willing or not. On the other the older would do what the younger said since she loves her so much. She would even do anything to make the younger smile. She would even go to the beach with her even when she was really tired.

They were already at the beach and was holding hands while walking on the golden sand near the blue emerald sea. Their hands were tightly clasped together. At first the swinging of their hands was off-beat but after a while it became synchronised. Their footsteps were light and they were enjoying the whooshing sound of the small waves and the comfortable silence

“Anyways, I think I know.” Nayoung decided to reply a question which was more than twenty thousand seconds old.

“About what?” the younger asked with curiousness.

“Did you forget about the chat in the morning.” The older replied, acting as if she was slightly shocked that the younger forgot about their chats.

“Morning? Which topic are you talking about exactly. We talked about many things. Was it the conversation on the phone or in real life?” asked the younger. They would sometime text each other when they were sleeping in their own room. Nayoung has a tendency to be lazy to talk to the younger or even get up from her bed.

“Real life.” replied the older while grinning as she remembered about their silly conversation in the morning.

“Omg is it about that when I sat beside you on the couch?” Kyulkyung thought really hard. Sometimes, she couldn't understand what was in her girlfriend's mind.

“Please, was it about that?” begged the younger. She was feeling very embarrassed if it was about that chat.

“Maybe or maybe not,” teased the older. She liked how Kyulkyung seemed flustered. The endless teasing would never stop.

“Tell me” Kyulkyung whined and started to use her feet to pile sand on Nayoung’s feet.

“Yah. What are you doing?” Nayoung asked while looking at her feet that were piling with sand.

“Tell me once it is heavy.” The younger gave up from asking the older and decided to play with sand. Nayoung just nodded since the other girl looked like she was having fun.

“Heavy?” the stone shook her head. Though the sand was piling, it never felt heavy at all. The younger started to pile more sand quickly.

“Is it starting to feel heavy?” asked the younger again, looking satisfied at her artwork.

“Nope.” Said the older while popping the ending word.

“What it is already 2 inches high… It is still not heavy?” The older decided to give up replying honestly and decided to tell the younger it was heavy to make the latter feel happy.

“Stand up now.” Nayoung was in a daze at her girlfriend’s answer.

“Aren’t I already standing?” Nayoung just stared at the younger with a “are you serious” face and started to laugh out loud.

“I mean… I mean move your feet out of the sand.” The younger was really dying with embarrassment but decided to play it cool and laugh it off.

“This is your footprint.” Nayoung just chuckled at how cute the younger was. Kyulkyung looked like a 8 year old girl playing sand for the first time and even tried to explain her artwork.

Nayoung decided to kick some sand onto the younger’s legs to play around with her. The younger looked at the older in shock and took revenge by kicking more sand. The older, being playful went to run around to avoid the younger’s kicks. The younger chased the older like a little kid being free. The older squatted down to take some sand and throw it at the younger’s lower body. The two started to have their sand kicking/ throwing fight. There were also other people around looking at them. Some chuckled at their cute antics as though the both of them were little kids. Nayoung was so engrossed that she kicked too much sand, luckily the younger’s back was facing her.

“Oh my gosh, I am so sorry,” apologised the older and she stopped what she was doing.

“Wow it was raining sand just now,” the younger laughed while the older was trying to get sand off her hair and gave the younger a hug.

After the whole sand playing, the two went to get some ice-cream. Both of them decided to purchase a bowl of coconut ice-cream to share to combat the sweltering heat, actually it was partly the younger who insisted them on sharing.  

"Ahhhh," Kyulkyung said while trying to feed the older. As usual the playful Nayoung went to use her finger to scoop the spoonful of ice-cream that the younger had offered to her and smeared it on Kyulkyung's tip of her sharp nose. 

"Yah, you will be the death of me unnie." Sensing that the younger girl was starting to rage, Nayoung quickly took flight and run away with the younger chasing after her from behind. After a good 3 minutes of chasing, the older girl surrendered and the younger looked at her with devilish grin and went to drag the other girl to a bench and both of them went to eat their shared bowl of ice-cream. Though the ice-cream was almost melted, both enjoyed it as they fed each other and shared it with one another, making the sweet treat even sweeter since they ate it together. 

-----

A/N: Hi! I am back to update this fanfic HAHAHAHA partly because my other fanfic (most recent update) was not doing well like the other chapters HAHAHAHA so I have decided to find some time (actually I have started to plan on Thursday :p)  to post a one-shot to make myself feel happier :') Hope that you all have enjoyed this short story :)