Manager Unnie pt 2 (Realization)

NaPink's Daily Life

A/N: Hello! Updated pt 2 (maybe more like pt 2.1) of Manager Unnie :) Sorry for taking more than a month to continue this TT Hope that you all would enjoy this update :) Manager Unnie pt 3 will be up by this Sunday :) maybe earlier, if I finish it before then. Hope that there are still NaPink shippers out there reading this fanfic hehehe! Enjoy!

-----

Nayoung was back the office, clearing some paperwork that her father had left her in charge of. On top of being Pristin's manager, she is also learning how to manage the company's finances. She is currently assisting the finance manager with the budget allocation for the different artistes, more specifically for solo artists and actors as these are the easier ones to start with.

After finishing her last module in University, her father was so eager to teach her the ropes of managing Pledis. At first, she was assigned to be part of the finance department but instead, she had requested to be a manager as she wanted to start from the bottom. Her father initially disagreed but seeing how persistent her daughter was, he decided to give in but gave her more responsibilities, after all she will be the one managing the company. She got Pristin's manager role as there was a lack of managers especially for the administrative side. She was fine with it as Pristin is one of her favourite groups. She loves their music and she wasn’t sure now as someone might be ruining her non-existent bias list.

After clearing the necessary paperwork for the day, she went back to her apartment to prepare for the short getaway. She didn't expect a short holiday on her first day of work, but it was still business anyways since she had to look after the younger idol. After packing necessities for herself and also the younger idol (which she heard was a huge klutz), she drove to Pristin's dorm.

- Outside Pristin's Apartment -

After ringing the bell, Kyulkyung opened the door almost instantaneously and greeted her with a blinding smile.

"Unnie, you are here. Do you want to come in first?" asked Kyulkyung.

"Sure, you can bring me on a tour," she replied shortly, while taking off her shoes and placing them neatly by the door.

The younger girl gave a quick tour around and she was amazed at how clean the apartment was.

"Aren't you going to change? It will be a little chilly since it is late fall season," asked Nayoung as she noticed that the younger was in a denim dress, that was slightly above knee length.

Kyulkyung had forgotten about the weather while she was choosing her outfit. She wanted to look good but still comfy and opted for that, but it seemed like it is going to backfire. She pouted at her manager before going back to her room to change.

"Yah, there is no point pouting. It is for your own health. I don't want you to get sick under my watch." Nayoung reprimanded the young idol, who was still pouting with a new outfit, a white blouse and jeans. The manager sighed at the sulky girl, but her heart caved and instead, she patted the girl's head, in hopes that the younger would understand her intentions, but all she saw was the evident blush on the younger's cheek.

Nayoung knew about it. She knows that Kyulkyung like her, in an unfortunate way. She remembered the time when she first interacted with the 13-year-old Kyulkyung, 8 years ago. The same blush was evident even back then.

The older manager was 16 years old at that time. She was spending her summer break at Pledis as usual. It was during lunch time. She was at Pledis' cafeteria, getting lunch for her father. She was queuing behind the 13-year-old Kyulkyung, who was getting lunch. When it was her turn, she had trouble communicating with the kitchen staff since she wasn’t fluent at that time. Nayoung, feeling responsible to help the foreigner, she ordered food for the girl and even paid for her meal.

"You must be new. I will pay for it," said the 16-year-old Nayoung, but all she got was a look of confusion from the younger. Nayoung face-palmed internally but instead gestured the girl to go and eat at one of the tables after the kitchen staff had served the plate of kimchi fried rice.

"It's alright, go and eat."

Nayoung could see the blush that the girl gave her before walking to a table. The look that the 13-year-old Kyulkyung gave her resembled the current Kyulkyung. Her heart felt weird at the moment.

"You are still the same," Nayoung unconsciously blurted out.

"Same?" asked Kyulkyung and once again the similar look of confusion was plastered on her face.

"Nothing, let's go or it will be too late," said the manager, as she walked towards the door. The younger girl just scurried off, in hopes to catch up with the older one.

- Drive to Busan -

On the way there, the idol was playing with the buttons of the radio, switching or turning up the music up, singing along to songs that she knew.

"Unnie, why didn't you train to be an idol?" asked the younger girl. She was really curious as to why the heiress didn't want to be an idol. Her father owned an entertainment company and it was a great opportunity to dabble with the field without the need to pay a hefty sum for the contract.

"I know that I will be taking over the company. There is no need to be an idol in order to take over the company. I like that career but looking at many of my new found friends leaving the company, singing and dancing became a hobby instead," said the manager with a robotic voice.

Kyulkyung winced at the lack of emotion even though the story was quite sad. The younger just kept quiet, unsure of what to talk next.

"Why did you come here to be a singer?" asked Nayoung, as she could sense that the younger was uncomfortable with the lack of conversation.

"I love music and performing. My first experience was playing the pipa, a chinese musical instrument, since I was 7. I really love to perform in front of people, especially when they are happy from my performance. Also, the happiness I feel when I get an applause. As I ventured into dance, I really love the art and decided to come to Korea because the music scene was bigger than China back then," recounted Kyulkyung. One could sense her passion as there was a soft smile even recounting her memories of her love for music and dancing.

"How was it, living abroad?" asked Nayoung. It was a harmless question and didn’t expect to hear that kind of answer.

"It was tough. My Korean was so bad when I first came here. I couldn't even order food on my own. On my first day, an unnie helped me to order food and even paid for it. I have been trying to search for her but apparently, she wasn't in any of my training classes. I worked hard to get into intermediate and advanced classes, hoping to see her, but I didn't," sighed the idol. The old memories flooded in her mind and a particular regret made her feel sad, even after so many years.

On the other hand, Nayoung was trying to hold in her laughter since Kyulkyung was talking about their shared encounter and yet the younger couldn't even recognise her. The older manager was so puzzled since all she did was grow taller, slightly tanner and more mature. Her features were definitely the same. Maybe the idol was too young to remember. Instead, she just nodded at the story.

They had reached Busan after a 2-hour drive. Nayoung parked the car and took her haversack, making sure that she did not leave anything behind before opening the door for the idol, not forgetting to put a hand above the younger's head. After making sure that the idol had also gathered all her belongings, she locked the car and walked ahead, to lead the younger girl to their first destination. While she was walking ahead, Kyulkyung noticed something familiar, an owl keychain hanging on Nayoung's haversack. She had definitely seen it before and knew when she had seen it.

"It can't be..."