Manager Unnie pt 1

NaPink's Daily Life

A/N: In an alternate universe where Nayoung is Kyulkyung's manager. Enjoy!

I am watching a drama and it focuses on the acting industry and the relationship between artiste managers and their artistes over the generations. Seems fun to write this story with inspiration from the drama. Hope you guys enjoy this short story! 

Edit: decided to write a 2-3 shots for this and happy 10th short story! Hopefully I can write more :) I really love writing NaPink fanfic. Happy reading!

-----------

"Omona, do you know that CEO's daughter will be working here? I heard that she will be one of the managers for our group. Then each of us has a manager looking after us. I am getting Minky unnie as my personal manager!" hollered a short girl with a yellow beanie. Yaebin, the rapper of the 3 member group, Pristin, basically announced the news to everyone living at the dorm after receiving a text from her favourite manager. 

"Don't worry Minkyung is yours. Eunwoo and I won't fight for her. Anyways, why do you like Minkyung unnie so much. Not like she will fall for you. She's older than you, wiser than you and taller than you," said Kyulkyung, visual of the group, in a sing-song manner. She loved teasing the girl about 2 things that she is passionate about.

"Yah! She said that my height is perfect for her. Minky unnie is perfect, i don't care if she likes me the same as I do. As long as she's taking care of me, she's mine. Anyways, since you are the maknae, you may be getting the crown princess."

Yep, the two things Yaebin is passionate about is her height and her favourite manager, Minkyung. 

"Crown princess? Anyways I don't mind having Kyungwon unnie or crown princess. As long as they drive and feed me, everything is an a-ok," replied the visual.

"Anyways, we need to go and prepare ourselves for the meeting. Minky unnie will be fetching us in 30 minutes. Kyungwon unnie will be meeting us there," said the rapper. 

Kyulkyung raised an eyebrow since Kyungwon unnie is always the one who is in charge of driving them around, most of the time. Yaebin must have begged the older manager. She wondered how can the older manager even tolerate the 2nd born. Kyulkyung went to prepare herself and decided to dress casually since the group did not have any activity. They were free to go out or practice for today. 

As she entered her room, she saw Eunwoo dragged herself out of her own room, looking visibly tired. 

"NuNu, how was your shoot yesterday?" asked the maknae and visual. Her voice was laced with concern. She hoped that the leader and main vocal did not tire herself too much. Thank goodness that today is a free day. Eunwoo can recharge for the day.

"Tiring, you know, we had to get on set early in the morning and go through all the singing. It was really warm under the mask. Thank God I did not manage to get eliminated. It was fun though!" exclaimed the older girl. She really loves to sing.

"Great! Get through the finals of the Masked Singers. We are so proud of you, uri main vocal! Kyaaa!" Kyulkyung cheered the older on, hoping that the older would get better after injesting her ray of sunshine. Yes, Kyulkyung, on top of her group titles, is the girl's walking sunshine. She believes that everyone will feel better whenever she radiates a small dose of it. 

"Let's go and eat after the meeting. I am craving for some stew," said the tired girl, trying to drag herself to the washroom. 

"Alright, anything for you," the younger nodded in response. Totally craving for good food too.

-----

The girls were now at the company building, waiting for Kyungwon unnie at the lobby to guide them to the meeting room. Kyungwon immediately flew to the lobby once she received a lot of spam from the group chat with the girls. The girls are really cute but one thing she can't handle would be a constantly vibrating phone. Once she reached the lobby, the girls were calling out for her and she beckoned them to follow her. They were all now at the meeting room, waiting for their CEO, who had requested for everyone to be present. 

Soon, the CEO entered the room and behind was a tall girl with stone-like face, trailing behind him. 

"Hello everyone, thank you all for coming..." the CEO went on with his speech but Kyulkyung's mind was not focusing on his words but rather at the person beside him. She didn't know why those hazel brown eyes were so attractive. It was only when that pair of eyes meet hers where she snapped back to reality. 

"Thank you CEO for the introduction. Hello everyone, if you did not catch what CEO said, I am Im Nayoung. I will be one of the managers of Pristin. I am mostly in charge of adminstrative work but I will rotate with the rest on the field when it comes to group schedules. With regards to personal managers, you girls can discuss amongst yourselves or us, managers, can decide for you if none of you have any preferences. Thank you. I promise to bring Pristin to greater heights," Nayoung introduced herself to the rest with her stone-like face, not giving them a smile. Kyulkyung felt her face heating up when the new manager mentioned about not paying attention to the CEO's words. She was very guilty of that and felt that the line was directed at her. She could feel her cheeks heating up and turning to the shade of her favourite fruit, the bright red strawberry. 

"I will leave you all here if you need to discuss further. I will take my leave now," said CEO Im. Everyone began to stand and gave him a 90 degrees bow as he exited. 

"I want Minky as my personal manager!" Yaebin immediately hollered as the CEO left. 

Nayoung nodded and signalled the rest to voice out their choices. 

"I am fine with either Kyungwon unnie or Nayoung unnie," said Eunwoo. She was hoping for Kyulkyung to make her choice. All she has in her mind was the stew from the shop across the company. The hot piping dwaejigogi hobak jjigae, spicy and sweet. She could imagine it in already.

"I am fine with any too," Kyulkyung said softly, not looking at anyone in case her eyes meets her favourite pair of hazel brown eyes.

"Kyungwon, you?" Nayoung raised a brow, hoping she would make a decision.

Kyulkyung could hear the new manager asking the fun and cool manager and she internally prayed the Kyungwon unnie would choose Eunwoo.

"I will take Eunwoo then. Kyulkyung would need more admin support with regards to her visa and overseas gigs," replied Kyungwon and Kyulkyung swore that she saw a wink from the manager and it was directed at her. Wait what? Kyulkyung panicked internally.

The oldest of them all just nodded, without any emotion and this made Kyulkyung question how could someone be expressionless. That intrigued her further.

"Is there anything that we need to update them about? What about you 3 girls? Anything to update us on?" the other manger, Minkyung asked while she looked at the other 2 managers. They replied with a slight shake of their heads. The younger girls just shouted no. Yaebin just wanted to get out of the meeting room with Minkyung in her arms while Eunwoo wanted that stew. Kyulkyung on the other hand just shook her head. If Nayoung wasn't there, she would definitely have shouted too. She had an image to uphold in front of a certain stone.

"Ok then, I know it is a day off for everyone. So go and enjoy yourselves. Each and everyone of you deserve the break," Nayoung took over as Yaebin was practically pawing her hands over Minkyung, who was trying to push the younger girl back to her seat. 

"Unnie let's go to Hongdae. You drive!" said Yaebin as she dragged Minkyung to the car. She was glad that she managed to pull her tall giant with her.

"Where will you two be going? We can give you a lift," asked Kyungwon, looking at both the main singer and visual.

"We are going to the eatery opposite the company. Do you want to join us for an early lunch?" replied Eunwoo. 

"Nayoung any work for you today? If not join us for lunch, anyways I need to update you on Kyulkyung's schedule," the short haired manager asked the raven haired manager.

Nayoung wanted to meet her father to discuss on some admin matters but it was not urgent. She could always do them later. She nodded. 

The 4 girls then exited the meeting room and walked to the shop. Eunwoo dragged the sunshine girl while the managers were walking behind, making sure that the teenagers were safe even to the eatery opposite of the company.

"Girls, we will be sitting at the table behind you. I will need to discuss work matters with Nayoung. You girls enjoy your food, don't listen to us talk about work on your off day, it will ruin your appetite," Kyungwon shooed the girls to the table on the right while laughing with her signature huhuhu.

----

"Juju ah, I saw that." Eunwoo had enough of the absent-minded girl in front of her. She did have her stew craving satisfied but with the youngest acting all weird in front of her did scare her a bit.

"What?" snapped Kyulkyung and was pushing Eunwoo's hands that were in front of her, blocking her view of the table in front of her.

"You keep glancing at the table behind me. Why? Worried that Kyungwon unnie will bad mouth you in front of Nayoung unnie? Don't worry, you are perfect," the older reassured her as she picked up the kimchi from the side dish plate. The pickled radish went straight into .

Actually Kyulkyung herself was wondering why was she looking at the managers, more specifically a certain raven haired manager. 

"I think karma does exist. Remember how I keep disturbing Yaebinnie of her crush on Minkyung unnie. I think it's my turn now..." her voice flattered off towards the end, sounding hushed.

"What? You have a crush on the crown princess!" Eunwoo exclaimed, almost too loudly. But the managers were a table behind them, surely they could hear Eunwoo. The young visual immediately hushed the girl in front of her, throwing subtle glares at her.

"Yah! Lower your volume, I think they might have heard you! Why is everyone calling her the crown princess?" The youngest was beyond frustrated.

"Ouch! Come on she is CEO's only child. She will most likely take over the company. Didn't you hear from CEO that she just graduated with a degree in Business Administration? Definitely a CEO in future. But with your family background, you can easily buy our company. I don't know if marrying a future heiress or buying a company is faster. But anyways, I guess there is no harm trying. Besides, look at yaebin. She might be able to win over Minkyung's heart sooner or later." Remarked Eunwoo, not forgetting to give the girl in front of her a wink.

----

After eating the delicious stew, Eunwoo decided to create a chance for her favourite maknae. She decided to let Kyulkyung and Nayoung spend the day together. Bonding should start early right? She decided to bring Kyungwon to the karaoke. She told the younger that she wanted to practice for masked singers and Kyulkyung naively believed.

"Do you have any place that you want to be?" asked the oldest of the bunch as she approached the younger, putting her hand on the shy girl's shoulder.

"Nope," the younger shook her head and looked away from the manager.

"Are you tired? I can drive you to the dorm. Let's go," she pulled the younger by her wrist, to the car. 

The younger was just focused on the hand on the wrist but pouted when the hand wasn't there anymore.

-----

After 5 mins, she received a text from eunwoo. 

From NuNu:

Where are u two going?

From Kyulkyung:

We are going back to the dorm

From Eunwoo:

I dragged Kyungwon to the noraebang for a reason and you want to go home. Seriously. If you guys didn't just meet, I would be ok if y'all went back but hmmm. Don't spoil the chance that I have created for you.

From Kyulkyung: 

I don't know. It is awkward for some reason. 

From Eunwoo:

Are you reaching soon? If not change location. Somewhere far is nice. Maybe Busan. 

"Erm, unnie, can we go to Busan? Maybe we can go for a short getaway. I know you just started work but maybe just accompany me there for today," Kyulkyung panicked slightly as she saw the familiar road as she looked out of the window.

"Ok. How about I drop you back to the dorm. You can pack whatever you want first. Let me know the itinerary. I will go back to the company for some matters first and to pack some stuff. I will pick you up, an hour later," instructed the older as she drove into the carpark of the apartment complex.

As soon she had parked the car, Nayoung went out and strided to the other side, opening the door for Kyulkyung, not forgeting to have one hand over her head and the other outstretched to help her out of the car. Kyulkyung thanked her manager and Nayoung walked the younger back. After making sure that Kyulkyung reached the apartment safely, she went back he office to settle some miscellaneous work and packed her stuff for the short getaway.