Picking a Pin Pal

Pen Pals

Kibum's (Key) POV

So, I realized this when the teacher said we would be getting pin pals for the rest of the year. It was the begining of the years so all the way until June we would be writting letters to our pin pals. I personal thought the idea was stupid, but then again that's just me. I leaned back in my chair when Onew, one of my best friends yanked my chair back causing me to fall to the floor.

Luckly, the teacher was too busy giving a "speech" so she didn't hear it nor did anyone else. Onew and the rest of my friends (Minho, Taemin) were laughing at me. I punched Onew in the face who laughed even harder, so instead of punching him again I gave him one of my famous death glares which made him shut up. I pulled my chair up and sat back down. They were going to get it after class, I hope that punch left a big burise on Onew's face.

"Key?" The teacher said clearly she had been talking to me for a while because she looked annoyed with me.

"Yes?" I said sweetly in a smartass way like I had been paying attention the whole time. She just sighed and shook her head.

"It's your turn to chose a pin pal so get your smart mouth up here and chose one, now." She snapped. I quickly got up and chose my pin pal quickly then sat back down. I opened the paper and my pin pal was from South Korea. I was full Korean and knew the language very well, so did Onew, Taemin, and Minho. All my paper said was the my pin pal was a male and my age 17. Also, that he knew english very well and went to a private school in Seoul. That's where my parents were from. I was born in the US because my parents wanted my to grow up here but had always talk about moving back to Seoul, but we haven't yet.

When the bell rang I sprited to the door not caring what the assiment was for tonight I'd just ask Taemin since he was a star student and always manged to hear everything the teacher said even if he was talking. I shoved my stuff in my locker ready to head home, I quickly checked my phone to make sure my mom hadn't gotten caught up at work causing her to have me go to someone's house.

Sure enough there was text that said go to someone's house (meaning Onew's or Taemin or Minho's) because she was busy at work and she would pick me up later. I sighed she was always busy! But hey someone had to pay the bills. Since my dad left me at a young age it's just been my mom and me and my little sister, MinCho. Like all sibblings I got annoyed with her easily, but I loved her more than anything in the world along with my mom too.

"Hey, Taebaby." I've called him Taebaby since he was little. I felt like his mother always cleaning him up after he got hurt. Singing to him at night (yeah, that's a secert that not even the rest of the gang knows so you better keep your mouth shut), whipping his face when he eats messy. That boy I swear doesn't know the meaning of a napkin or of forks and spoons. "Can I come over for a while to do homework? Mom got caught up at work again." I said messaging my mom back.

"Well, Minho was going to come over to help me with my science though!" Taemin whined, which was code for "Well, Minho and I were going to make out after school!" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Fine, Taebaby just don't let that Minho force you into doing anything." I smiled before walking away to find Onew. Oh yeah Taemin and Minho are gay, we just found out a while ago, but I was okay with it so was Onew. In fact we were all gay, but I did not like Onew or any of my friends like that. I had told my mom a while ago she wasn't shocked but my little sister was very disappointed she was looking forward to having a baby sister or brother. I informed her I can always adopt a kid so she was okay with it after that.

Then again my sister was 5 years old and probably didn't know what gay was, but that's okay she would understand one day. I could feel Taemin's glare as I walked away. I manged to find Onew talking to U-kwon (who was new here), I was pretty sure Onew liked U-kwon since he was always with him and always smiling and hugging him. I had actually saw Onew kiss him on the cheek before which made U-kwon blush clearly embarrassed. I figured they either liked eachother or were dating.

"Hey Onew, can I come to your house? My--" He cut me off.

"Yeah, I know the story. Yes, you can come over but U-kwon is coming to if that's okay?" Onew said putting his hand through U-kwon's interwining their fingers. Dating that's for sure. There were a lot of gays at our school but our school was huge so there was a lot of everything. If you didn't like someone because of their uality you just stayed away from them but most people got along with everyone. I smiled my thanks heading off leaving Onew with U-kwon alone since I figured they wanted me gone as much as possibly.

I walked alone to Onew's house remembering to text Taebaby about our english assiment. He said it was to write our letter to our pin pals. Easy enough. I only had math homework besides english, since math was my best subject I did that first. I finished my math homework and Onew was still not here with U-kwon. I sighed I knew what they were doing and yes I was a little jealous that all my friends had someone and I didn't. I took out my pin pal information and began writting my letter.

Dear pin pal,

I don't know your name so I figured pin pal was the next best thing. I am not really good at writting letters so please bare with me. My name is Kibum but everyone calls me Key. Yes, like the key you use to open something, I get made fun for that alot but that's okay with me haha. I am a guy not a girl just thought you should know that. I am 17 years old and I live in America. I am full korean though and I grew up listening to my parents speak both language and writting both. So, ifi english isn't your strongest point I will gladly switched to Korean writting. I don't play sports really, but I like to mess around and play soccer or basketball every now and then. Onew (one of my friends) is a soccer player but Minho is the star of the team. Taemin and I are just the "cheerleaders" (not really). Those are my three best friends, I've known them since I was born. I go to a public school, so I have no idea what it's like a private school. What is it like in Korea? And what are the schools like? I've always wanted to go there and my parents always said we would move there one day but never do. Do you play any sports? My main thing is music, I like to sing and dance. Sometimes rap too. Do you do anything with music? My favorite color is neon blue, and I hate the color purple (that is a long story and it has to do with my friend Onew, who I mentioned earlier). I don't really know what else to say, besides that I like to cook and for some reason my friends call me mom all the time and I don't really understand why. Okay, maybe I shouldn't have wrote that but you were bound to find out sooner or later. Anyways, I have to go since my friend Onew just got here. I look forward to hearing from you! :)

~ Love,

Kibum (Key)

I folded that letter up and stuffed in my backpack just before I heard a laughing Onew come into his kitchen with a giggling U-kwon right beside him. Luckly before things got graphic they spotted me smiling me they sat down next to me well, Onew was next to me and U-kwon next to him.

"Well, I can go if you want, I remembered I have key my house." I really did not want to make things akward with Onew and U-kwon who probably wanted some alone time.

"Umm you think I am stupid enough to let you walk home by yourself? I'll drive you." Onew said. I lived in a safe area but there is this creepy old guy who lives a few houses down that we all swear watches us, but that's just because we caught him staring at us when we were having a water fight with no shirts on. After that they don't let me walk home alone afaird the old man may get me. I sighed knowing there was no arguing this. I got into the back of the car since I figured U-kwon wanted the front to be near Onew.

They were talking about something funny that had happened third block, I was busy spacing off and surprisingly thinking about my letter to my pin pal. I realized I should probably send him a picture of me so he knows what I look like. Not that we are ever going to meet that is. I just thought it would be a good idea you know? I thanked Onew for the ride hurrying to unlock the door and lock it behind me.

I texted my mom that I had come home and she didn't need to pick me up. I ran up to my room and quickly cut out a school picture of me. I shoved in the letter and put the letter in an envelope and it shut. I couldn't sleep that night one because Onew would not stop pranking calling me that brat and two because I could not stop thinking about what my pin pal looked like. I was actually excited to find out who he was and to get to know him. I finally manged to drift off into a deep sleep and ended up having a very strange but good dream.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was tired of Onew never getting to have anyone so I put U-kwon in this story :D I think they would look cute together :). I will update soon I promise!! :) I have basketball still since I got moved up to JV (YAYAY!!) and that takes up a lot of time along with homework so I will try to update as much as I can, but don't freak out if I haven't updated for awhile (i doubt that will happen though).