The Things We Should Have Said [Yoongi]

The Things We Should Have Said

Basically I've started shipping these two and given how Dynasty ended, decided they ought to have a second go.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

"Wait!" Jisoo said, scooting back over to him.  

"Darling, go ahead." he said, his hand automatically finding her elbow.

"Should I go back with you?"

"Don't you have to be on time for the submission?"

"I do, but... it won't take that long, right?"

The need to go on was quite strong, but she also really, really wanted to stay with Yoongi as long as she could. There must be another time to meet the deadline, the office was always open and she had already sent her electronic version, so why would it matter if the hard copy was a little late? But then her night school teacher could be a real douchebag about those things sometimes and it was hard to predict how he would react. Was it really a big deal? She did care about her course, though. Ah, how annoying. Jisoo looked up at Yoongi with her big eyes, unsure of what to do. He smiled back at her before asking:

"Will you stay or go?"

"I'll stay. I'll give my teacher a call. Let's go back together!" Jisoo smiled, grabbing his hand and pulling him along, back out of the subway station.

Yoongi watched Jisoo as she sweet-talked her professor into letting her submit the card copy of her work tomorrow instead. How incredible she was at persuasion, her sweet voice seemed to trick people into thinking she was innocently asking a favour of them, all the while throwing in all of the most-difficult-to-counter arguments she could think of. Normally one person, the man, in a relationship was the one who was supposed to deal with others when problems arose, but they often split the responsibility of problem-solving because they were both so adept at it. They trusted each other to get the job done, and they always did without fail, turning to each other should they need help. They were a real team.

 

"Darling do you see it anywhere?" Yoongi called, searching through the living room as Jisoo looked in the bedroom. He quickly ran to the door as the bell sounded and saw his best friend standing outside. He had passed by on his way to do errands himself and decided to drop Yoongi's delivery off for him.

"Good luck!" the young, tall, blonde man said.

"Thanks, Tae. It was lucky you caught us, we just came back. We were supposed to be doing errands today but I left my wallet here somewhere, can't seem to find it."

"I don't see anything!" Jisoo half-yelled, exiting the bedroom and trying the bathroom. "Is that Taehyung?"

"Hi!" Taehyung called in.

"Are you coming in?" Yoongi asked.

"Is he coming in?" Jisoo yelled as she searched the cabinets in the bathroom. "Honey, you didn't drop it on the ground on the way to the station, did you?"

"We would have heard it, or spotted it on the way back, wouldn't we?" Yoongi called back.

"Probably. Is Tae coming in?" she called again.

"I'm busy!" Taehyung replied. "I'll leave you two to it. Good luck finding the wallet."

"We'll get dinner together later." Yoongi said.

"Yeah. A celebratory dinner." Taehyung winked before shuffling off back to the elevator.

Yoongi sauntered over to the bedroom and tossed the box on the bed before returning to the living room where he turned over several cushions, crawling on the floor to look under the sofa, searching in all of the kitchen cupboards and the fridge in case he accidentally put it in there. He looked outside as the sky darkened and rain began pouring down heavy and fast. A fairly loud boom echoed in the distance and car alarms started blaring.

"Did you hear that?" Yoongi asked.

"Thunder?" Jisoo replied, emerging from the bedroom and looking out the window with an uneasy expression. "Can we do all of our things tomorrow? I don't want to go back outside."

Yoongi smiled at her pout and walked closer, pulling her in and kissing her forehead. "Let me make some calls too."

Jisoo watched television on mute as her boyfriend talked on the phone and suddenly realised how ridiculous all of the show hosts looked without sound as they overreacted to the most basic of dishes. She blinked as the men went mental over a dish of soft tofu. Soft tofu didn't have any flavour at all, how was it possible to act like that? Scoffing, Jisoo got up and went to her bag to look for the chewing gum she had put in there earlier. As she opened the clasp and looked inside, she froze. Looking over at her boyfriend, she caught his eye, let out a nervous laugh and pulled out his wallet.

Yoongi's face fell, but he had already re-arranged his schedule. He ended the call and gave Jisoo a bewildered look.

"How did that get in there?" he asked.

"I don't know, it was just - wait. When we went out yesterday you asked me to put your wallet in my bag!" she defended.

"Huh." he blinked, getting up and strolling over to Jisoo. "Well, too bad now, schedule is changed. Off to bed!"

Jisoo yelped as she was swept off her feet and carried into the bedroom before being ungraciously chucked onto their messy bed, being bounced around more as Yoongi jumped on and grabbed the box that had arrived.

"We weren't supposed to go out today." he sighed, setting the box aside and gazing out of the window. "So let's just sleep more instead."

"Yes, let's." Jisoo agreed, initially eyeing the box up but immediately snuggling back into his warm chest.

Yoongi looked down at her peaceful face, her eyes gently closed, slight curve on her lips - a total look of content upon her face - and smiled to himself. He brushed her hair away from her face and was conscious of his own heart beating for a while. He didn't quite know how they had managed it, either. How was it that they were still so in love after all those years? How could nothing have cooled down between them since then? Of course the newness of a relationship that brings feelings of butterflies and giddiness had long gone, but Jisoo still managed to consume him totally.

 

"Marry me."

 

Yoongi's heart stopped for a moment as he noticed Jisoo wasn't actually asleep. He could see her eyelashes moving as she blinked, not seeming to respond in any way. Instead, her index finger scratched gently back and forth on the embroidery of his shirt collar. Something was bothering her. She was having an internal battle over what to say - he knew her expressions that much to know what was going on in her head.

"Are you serious?" she asked after a moment.

"Absolutely." he replied. "What do you think is inside that box?"

Jisoo's head craned up to look at him properly.

"Seriously, Yoongi?"

"Do you want to open it?"

Jisoo sat up immediately, pulling a pillow towards herself.

"Are you sure?" she asked.

"Of course I'm sure!" Yoongi gaped, sitting up straight as she was. "If I wasn't sure I wouldn't be asking you. You're the one I want to spend my life with, Jisoo."

"But we haven't really talked of our future together yet. There's a lot of things to consider and to talk about before we get married and we haven't even talked about the difficult things yet!"

"I don't care about those things!" Yoongi argued. "I just want to be with you, that's all I need. Anything that comes our way we can deal with at the time as a team, but... I'm sorry, I just thought you would be happy with a proposal. Granted, I didn't plan on doing it here and I should have probably planned something instead of just outright asking while we're having a normal Sunday but if that's why you're hesitant then I can propose again somewhere else. But if you don't want to get married then -"

"It's not that."

" - I don't know where we go from here -"

"Yoongi, it's not that-"

" - but if it's something more trivial like because we don't have much in the way of savings yet then don't worry because - "

"Yoongi, I'm pregnant."

 

He blinked, mouth agape.

Jisoo couldn't meet his gaze as she stared intently at her chipped nail polish, biting her bottom lip.

"Are you serious?" he asked, and Jisoo simply nodded.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, I only found out yesterday. I was planning to tell you soon, I just wasn't sure how to..."

Jisoo yelped as she was jumped by her boyfriend, who wrapped her in his arms and squeezed her tight.

"It's gonna be great!" he exclaimed, the joy in his voice unmistakable.

"Yoongi!" she sighed. "We.. we haven't even gotten married and I don't even have a real job! How can we even afford to raise a kid?"

"Hey!" he scolded, pulling back to look at her. "Who says only those with careers get to have kids? Don't you worry about anything! I can support all three of us. And your job is a real job! Do you think anyone can just be a dog groomer? You already have clients who come to the shop just for you."

"I don't want the financial burden to be just on you."

"We have our parents, too. Can you imagine how excited they'll be when we tell them the news?"

"Are you insane?" Jisoo spluttered. "My dad will have an aneurysm when he finds out I'm already pregnant before we're married."

"We can get married before then if it's a big issue for them!" Yoongi said. "And if they don't support us, well... we'll be just fine by ourselves. We've been living together for a long time without relying on them for anything. Don't you worry about a single thing, darling. I promise I will take the best care of you and our baby. Once our parents see our super cute kid, there's no way they'll be able to keep up any pretense."

How the hell did she end up with the most supportive guy in the world? She was worried sick since the day before and tried to distract herself with other things, Yoongi especially. She wondered if he had noticed that she was more clingy than usual. She was most worried that he would up and leave once he found out, because they had never talked about children in any serious capacity and she wasn't at all sure where he stood on the issue. He never showed any affection towards children, but hadn't mentioned if he didn't like them either and the truth was that she also had not given it much thought until she missed her period, took a test and confirmed it at the doctor.

She wanted to keep it, even if their circumstances weren't ideal for raising anything.

Relief finally hit her as she realised Yoongi's joy was not for show, the way his eyes were creasing up and how he was showing his teeth... he was genuinely excited for this.

Yoongi froze for a second as his girlfriend burst into tears and clung to him, babbling about how he was the best and how lucky she was and thanking him for not running away into the sunset. It was all he could do to pull her closer and laugh. After all that time together, how could he possibly run away? How could she ever think he would abandon her like that? Sure, they hadn't discussed the issue of children and he guessed that was what she meant earlier, but he hadn't thought much of it either way, though he always felt it would be nice to have one or two. How could he possibly not be happier to have even more of Jisoo in the world?

"You didn't answer me yet." Yoongi commented as Jisoo calmed down.

"Huh?"

"Will you marry me?"

"Yoongi!"

"Well you didn't say anything yet!"

"Of course I will. I love you so much."

"I love you, too, darling."