How It Began [Yoongi]

The Things We Should Have Said

a/n: Hello new subscribers and thanks to some people who have subscribed to Dynasty and seem to have floated over here too. This is quite the change from Dynasty and will be a much, much shorter piece (max 16 chapters). They are 3 stories of extremely ordinary people. I hope you enjoy the story and to everyone starting the school year soon, good luck! HKG xxx
_________________________________________________________________________

Yoongi squeezed his eyes shut as the morning light filtered in through the curtains. A small kiss on his nose made him grin and he rolled over, eyes still closed, wrapping his arms around Jisoo.

"Give me some covers!" her voice complained and Yoongi finally opened his eyes to find that he had, in fact, all of the covers.

He smiled and threw the duvet over the top of both of them, pulling her closer to him and snuggling into her. He loved when she showered the night before because her hair still smelled like flowers in the morning. It was lazy weekend mornings like that when he was happiest because he got to have Jisoo all for himself. They had already been together for five years and moved into a new apartment together two years before. At one point he was scared that he would get bored dating the same girl for so long, but not once did he ever feel that way with Jisoo. She was special, sassy, sweet and caring -- there was no other person on the planet he would rather be with.

Jisoo threw her leg over Yoongi as she snuggled further into his chest, snoozing again in his arms. This was all she needed. This was home, wherever Min Yoongi was, it was home. She never thought they would end up as glued together as they were, even after all that time. They didn't even like each other that much when they first met as students. Yoongi had joined the debating society in his third year, as he had always enjoyed it in high school and wasn't aware such a society existed in his university until the point where the careers people suggested he ought to add some extracurricular activities to bolster his CV and make him look more interesting. Yoongi pulled Jisoo as close as he could until she squeaked and he loosened his hold on her. He smiled thinking about the first time he met her.

Yoongi had always thought of himself as a first-class debater. Give him any topic, force him to adopt a position he didn't even agree with, and he would be able to argue his way to victory. He had even led his teams to victory in competitions in middle school and in high school, too, but apparently that meant very little. He went into the first competition thinking his team had prepared as thoroughly as they could. Clearly, he had thought wrong. He would never forget the humiliation of getting his kicked up and down the road by the opposing team leader - Jisoo. He would also never forget feeling his heart speed up to dangerous levels at the same time. What a woman she was. She was his opponent, but so attractive and so smart.

He never stood a chance.

 

"Why are you blushing?" Jisoo's sleepy voice asked, her tired eyes looking up at him.

"No, no reason."

"You were thinking about the first time we met."

"Yes, I was."

Jisoo smiled and stretched her head up to kiss him, her lips touching his gently and chastely.

"That was forever ago."

"I know. You probably don't remember at all, I was just another notch on your bedpost of wins."

"I was a debate , I know."

"I didn't mean it like that!" he groaned, brushing her hair away from her face and kissing her forehead. "We should get up."

"No!" Jisoo whined. "Five more minutes. Ten."

"Fifteen?"

"Yes."

 

Ninety minutes later, the couple stood in the kitchen putting together breakfast for themselves, Jisoo wearing only Yoongi's t-shirt and her underwear and slippers. It was driving him mad, because at least he had the decency to put on bottoms and she hadn't bothered and now he was getting hot and bothered. Damn it. He glared at her as he flipped the egg in the pan but his eyes went wide when she dropped a piece of carrot and bent over to pick it up, tossing it into the food disposal bin. She plated up the raw fruits and veggies she had sliced, setting them on the table and returning to throw her arms around her boyfriend's waist, making him flinch when her hand landed directly on his rock hard .

"Isn't it a bit early for that?" she asked, and patting it as Yoongi tried not to move too much while cooking.

"I can't help it, I just see you in those undies and my shirt..."

"Is it very y?"

"Just wait until we're finished eating." he growled. "Then you're in trouble."

Jisoo let out a laugh, hugging him tightly, her cheek against his back. For someone as skinny and pale as he was, he was certainly warm. What a perfect moment. Sunlight streaming through the kitchen window, making breakfast with the woman he loved and absolutely no worries in the world, he felt totally happy and utterly content.

"Eggs are done!" he announced, tossing them on top of the bowls of rice Jisoo had prepared.

He topped it off with sesame oil and seaweed, with some difficulty as Jisoo refused to let go of his waist and so the pair shuffled around together until they reached the table. Jisoo had prepared orange juice with the juicer she had bought the previous week and it sat in tall glasses beside their little buffet. Before they ate, every day Jisoo and Yoongi would say something good that had happened to them. It was their way of staying supportive and taking attention away from the negative things that may have occurred.

"Yesterday, no dogs peed on me!" Jisoo said, never having imagined herself getting peed on as much as she did when she started training to be a dog groomer.

"How lucky you were!" Yoongi replied. "Hmm... I got a great text message this morning."

"From who?" Jisoo asked.

"My best friend."

"What happened?"

"I got something shipped to him and it arrived."

"You're easily pleased." Jisoo sighed.

"It's something for both of us." he smiled. "You'll see soon."

 

Jisoo and Yoongi shared the bathroom mirror as they got ready, Jisoo curling her hair as she stood with her legs wide open so that Yoongi could see himself above her as he shaved. They then switched when Yoongi had to wash his face clean and Jisoo needed to add the finishing touch to her hair. They had many errands to do that day and would walk to the subway station together before getting on opposite lines to go and do what they had to. Ideally, the pair would have done everything together, but deadlines and time constraints forced them apart that day. To their friends, Jisoo and Yoongi were that sickening couple. The pair who never argued (outside of the debating society), the couple who was still in love as though it was their first month dating rather than their fifth year, the couple who made others roll their eyes with their sweetness while still being the ultimate goal. Most people who knew them thought that something had to give, but everything was exactly as it seemed between them. There was nothing hiding behind closed doors.

Jisoo smiled in the sunlight as they held hands steadily making their way down their steep neighbourhood hill towards the subway.

"What do you want to eat for dinner tonight?" Yoongi asked, noticing that his girlfriend's head would turn at all the galbi restaurants they passed.

"Pizza!" she replied.

"What kind?"

"Galbi."

Yoongi chuckled, wanting so badly to pinch her soft cheek, but refraining lest he wipe off her makeup and annoy her. The sun really brought out the reddish-purple in her long hair and he thought that she really suited that berry colour. Squeezing her hand tighter, he pulled Jisoo closer to himself, moving his arm from her hand to her shoulder where she seemed to fit perfectly. He never thought at such a young age he would find the best match for himself, and he was very aware looking at his friends, many of whom had several failed relationships, that he was truly lucky. Jisoo leaned into his shoulder more. Her friends had been sceptical about Yoongi at the beginning, especially as the two were rivals in their university. But once they saw the two were respectful rivals, and how they didn't seem to dislike each other, they quickly warmed up to the idea of pairing them up. Jisoo's friends teamed up with Yoongi's to not show up to a group dinner and thus forcing the two to spend time together. They easily could have gone home and forgone the dinner altogether, but their friends knew there was something between them.

Once they started dating alone by themselves, the pair became inseparable and remained so until that day.

Stepping down the stairs carefully, the couple edged towards the subway gates, both of them reluctant to part. Jisoo reached up and slung her arms around Yoongi's neck, planting a big kiss on his lips. He had recently dyed his hair ash grey-blue and while she thought it might look odd on someone with his complexion, it actually suited him well.

Sometimes they even thought of themselves as being a little too much, but they couldn't help it.

Nor did they care to try.

 

"I'll see you at five in Sinchon station, darling." Yoongi sighed, stepping further away with Jisoo's hand still in his own.

"See you then. I should get going, too." she replied, tucking her hair behind her ear and adjusting her shoulder bag.

The pair parted ways and headed towards the opposite entrance gates for the line.

"!"

Jisoo turned back to Yoongi who stood by the gates in a bit of a pickle.

"Are you okay?" Jisoo asked.

"I forgot my wallet." he complained, running his hand through his hair. "I don't have anything. I'll have to go back and get it."

"Wait!" Jisoo said, scooting back over to him.

"Darling, go ahead." he said, his hand automatically finding her elbow.

"Should I go back with you?"

"Don't you have to be on time for the submission?"

"I do, but... it won't take that long, right?"

The need to go on was quite strong, but she also really, really wanted to stay with Yoongi as long as she could. There must be another time to meet the deadline, the office was always open and she had already sent her electronic version, so why would it matter if the hard copy was a little late? But then her night school teacher could be a real douchebag about those things sometimes and it was hard to predict how he would react. Was it really a big deal? She did care about her course, though. Ah, how annoying. Jisoo looked up at Yoongi with her big eyes, unsure of what to do. He smiled back at her before asking:

"Will you stay or go?"