You love because you simply can't help it.

You love because... you simply can't help it.

HANA'S POV

I heard a bunch of noise and I woke up. I turned to see Jong Hyun still sleeping next to me.

"Yah! Why are you guys so noisy!" I said getting up and headed towards the kitchen. I found all of them laughing about something.

"Hana noona!! Good Morning! How are you?"

"I'm fine. What's up?" I asked looking at Key oppa, who pointed at Onew oppa and he pointed at Minho oppa.

"Can you give us a moment?" Minho oppa said and all 3 of them gave a disappointed sound and left... Minho stood up and walked towards me.

"Oppa, what's wrong? Why are you so serious?" I asked and gulped. Please, no bad news. No bad news... He stood in front of me and took something out of his pocket and kneeled down. Omo... not...

"Kim Ha Na. Will you marry me?" I covered my mouth, feeling the tears trying to get out. I nodded. He stood up and kissed me and placed the ring on my finger. "Saranghae Hana." he whispered in my ears.

NARRATOR'S POV

Minho started his treatment the day after that. Days passed, weeks... signs of him getting better was visible. Hana was really happy and her wedding day wasn't far ahead. Jong Hyun wasn't happy with it but he agreed to be Minho's best man at their wedding. All he wants was for her to be happy and she was. Hana returned to her hometown to visit her parents, telling them about the wedding.

HANA'S POV

Months passed so fast, Minho oppa was getting better and my wedding day was 3 days from now. I'm finally back in Seoul after visiting my parents. They were thrilled that I was getting married but couldn't accept the fact that I was marrying at a young age, I'm still 19 but they agreed anyway. I reached their dorm, announcing that I am back but no one was home. I called Jong Hyun oppa and luckily he answered at the third ring.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Oppa! Where are you guys? I'm back and there is no one here to welcome me."

"Oh, Hana-ah... erm. We're at the hospital." he replied hesitating

"Jeongmal? Oh, right... Minho oppa's having his check up. I'll be right there." I said and hung up before he could protest

I hurried to the hospital, excited that I get to see them again. I finally found them outside an ICU.

"Oppa." I called out. They turned to my direction with a worried expression plastered on their face. My pace slowed down, Onew oppa said something to Jong Hyun who nodded. What's going on? I looked at Taemin who had his face buried in Key's shoulder. Is Taemin crying? Jong Hyun walked towards me.

"Oppa, what's going on? Where's Minho oppa? Is he alright?" 

"He's getting his check up. He fainted... again."

"... but that's normal right? He faints now and then..."

"Deh. I'm sure he's fine."

Just then a doctor came out of the ICU. She went over to Key and said something. I concentrated on her expression, but I could read it until I looked at Onew who buried his face in his hands and Key looked at our direction then looked back at the doctor who handed him a paper. What's happening? What are they talking about? I needed to hear this. I made my way towards them but Jong Hyun stopped me.

"Let me go!" I said pushing him but he didn't let go. Instead he hugged me but my attention was still on them. What's on that paper? Minho oppa, please be okay. Tears started to form in my eyes. Key nodded his head and bowed. He told Taemin something and Taemin went to Onew. Key started walking towards us. Please be good news, please say Minho oppa is alright. Close up, I saw that Key oppa cried but he hid it. Aniyo, Aniyo. Minho oppa is alright. He is alright...

"Oppa, what did the doctor say? Minho oppa is alright, right? Right?" I asked impatiently

"Minho... the doctor said...-" I saw the paper grip tightly in his hands

"What's that?" I pointed. He looked at it... his hands were trembling.

"It's for... you." Key handed it to me

I hesitated and looked up at him. I took it and opened it. It was a letter, to... me... from Minho oppa... Ani.

 

Hana,

If you read this, it means I am no longer there. But I want you to know that I still love you, now and forever. I've got to let you go, even though I don't want to but, I have to and you should do the same. When I gave you that ring, I really wanted to marry you but I knew that I wouldn't make it and I know that I will end up hurting you but I went on with that decision I've made because I know Jong Hyun hyung will be there to pick up the pieces and make you happy, and you would forget all the pain and grieve that you felt when you were with me. He loves you too much to see you like that, his heart longs for you. Hate me if you must but knowing that you'll be happy with him is enough for me. I would rather have him by your side than anyone else, other than Key, Onew and Taem of course but they will be watching out for you. Don't worry about me, I'll be watching out for all you guys from wherever I am. It's not easy like my farewell greeting, my heart isn't mine to control. I've made an indefinite decision, so I must bear with it all. If this helps, back in High school, before you met me... your heart belonged to him. I'm sorry that I stole it. Remember that I will always love you, be happy my love. Saranghae Kim Ha Na. You're my one... last... love.

                                                                                                                                                                                                    Min Ho.

A drop of tear fell and hit the paper. This is not real, it must be a joke... Minho oppa. Just then the ICU door open, it was... my knees felt weak, my whole body trembled. I shook my head in denial.

"That's... aniyo, that's not him. It can't be him..." I walked towards the body that was surrounded by nurses. The face became clearer when I got closer, it was... my Minho. The person I love, the guy that was going to marry me... Choi Min Ho, is gone...

Onew oppa caught me before I fell and pulled me into a hug. He turned me away from the body that lay there still and calm. I broke down and cried my heart out.

JONG HYUN'S POV

I couldn't do anything, seeing her this sad... seeing her like this just pains me. How could Minho do this to her? Didn't you love her Minho? I gave her up so that she could be happy with you, her happiness was to my account but what use is that now? Mianhe Hana, it was stupid of me to give you up... even now, I can't take it back. Mianhe.

A week has passed, Hana stayed locked in her room. Everyone tried convincing her to come out and eat but she refuses to. They tried talking to her but they said that she just sits there numb. Lost in her thoughts.

"Hyung, could you a least try. Please get her to at least eat or else she's starve to death." Taemin said begging me. Out of all of them, I was the only one who didn't do anything, it's like I totally gave up.

"Taem, she hates me. I'm the last person she will talk to right now." I told him

"Ajuseyo hyung. Ajuseyo... you still love her don't you?"Love. I haven't heard that word in a while.

"Arrassuh, arrassuh. I'll go..." I said getting up and headed towards her room. I knocked but no one answered.

"Hana-ah, it's me... Jong Hyun oppa. I'm coming in." I said and entered

Her room was in a mess, clothes were everywhere. Then I saw her. Sitting on her bed, hugging her fragile body. I sat down next to her.

"Hana-ah. Hana. Do you know what day it is?" I nodded "Are you hungry? Do you want me to get you something to eat?" she shook her head. I sigh. "Do you... miss him?" she nodded "I miss him too, but he's... not here anymore. There is nothing we can do." she started tearing up "Babe, don't cry... I'm here now. I haven't been but I am now." I said and she hurried to me for a hug. I embraced her and caressed her hair. "Mianhe, Hana. I haven't been here for you, but I promise I will be from now on." I kissed her on the forehead.

"Oppa..." my heart beated faster after hearing her voice again. She looked up and smiled at me, I was surprised but smiled back.

"Deh?"

"Do you know why you love?" she asked. I shook my head.

"Do you?"

"Ani, Minho oppa didn't tell me the answer but... I think I figured it out."

"Jinjja? Why do I love?" I asked her. A smile that I fell in love with was not visible on her perfect face, my angel is back...

"You love... because you simply can't help it." I smiled at her answer and at that moment I understood. Minho, Mianhe for hating you but now I understand that you were preparing me for this moment, for this chance to love Hana with all my heart. Komawo, for all the challenge you put me through. I will stay by her side forever.  I leaned closer to her and kissed her. I love you because I simply... can't help it.

"Saranghae, Kim Ha Na. If it's not to late..." she smiled back at me

"Nado saranghae, my pabo." she replied

 

This is the end. Thank you for subscribing... Hope you enjoyed the fic and please leave your last comments. :) Gamsahamnida. 

Thank you so much to...

-delexnight-

-daniela501-

-aldeadenisa-

-taebbymin-

-confused_chimp-

-stumblingClumsy-

-umagaa-

-taebaby-

for keeping me motivated til the end and thanks for your comments. :) KOMAWO!!