The honest truth.

You love because... you simply can't help it.

JONG HYUN'S POV

"... and don't come back without my Dubu chicken!" Onew hyun pushed me and Hana out the door. Is that guy obssess or what? I thought as I walked ahead of Hana. I called a taxi and after several seconds later, I finally caught one. I sat at the back with Hana, but neither of spoke during the whole journey there. I just stared out the window, not really admireing the view... how could I? The view that was only beautiful in my eyes was right next to me.

When we finally reached the other side of the Han river, we searched for the shop that Onew was talking about. After what felt like forever, we finally found the shop. We bought all the things possible, ramen, seafood, dubu and not to forget... Onew hyung's dubu chicken. Hana and I still didn't talk to each other but it was less awkward than before. I turned to look at her at the end of the bench. She played with her fingers while we waited for a taxi and it was getting cold. Suddenly some erted approached Hana and started to touch her. I stood up immediately, walking towards them...

"Leave her alone." I said to one of them. There was two in total.

"Wae? Is she your girlfriend?" another one asked

"Deh. She is. Now leave us alone." I said firmly and was clearly pissed off. Remind me to kill Onew for asking us to come into this kind of town. I made a mental note in my head before one of them grabbed Hana and the other punched me in the jaw, I spun back around and punched him back. He fell to the ground.

The other guy let go of Hana and attacked me. He threw a punch but I ducked so he landed his fist on a tree and cried out in pain. Suddenly the one that I punched earlier threw a surprise punch at me sending me crashing to the ground. I spat some blood out.

"Yah! Stop it! You byuntae. Stop it or else I will call the police." Hana shouted warning them but they didn't listened. One of them started walking towards her. The guy that punched me threw Hana against the wall, knocking her head and sending her unconcious.

I gathered up the strengh to stand up and grab a broken umbrealla that was lying around and waved it at them. At first they insisted on fighting back but then after hitting one of them on the head, they ran away. Pabos! I hurried to Hana who was knocked out unconcious. There was a little blood stain on the wall but it wasn't Hana, I let out a sigh if relief. Finally I managed to catch a taxi, I helped Hana into the taxi first then collected the bags that was filled with our dinner and got into the taxi.

"Hana-ah, gwenchana? Babe, talk to me..." I said shaking her lightly

"Oppa... can I ask you something?" she said but with her eyes shut

"Deh?"

"Did you... d-did you f-feel anything when you kissed me?" her sudden question got my attention

"Deh, I did. Wae?" I admitted

"Why do still have our... high school picture?"

"You... that was... because that was one day I wanted to remember forever."

"Wae oppa? Why is it so special?" she finally opened her eyes and looked at me.

"... because, because that was the last day when there was only us, before you met Minho." I finally told her why. The truth is finally discovered.

"Oppa, do you... love... me?" Mwo? What do I say? Ottoke? Deh. Ani. Molla.

"Deh... but there is nothing I can do now, I was too late." I said looking away from her.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because, I was afraid of rejection." I replied. Suddenly, I heard her sob and out of instinct I pulled her into a hug. She cried even more, staining my shirt with her tears but that's what I've been wanting right? Deh, but not like this. Not when she was crying about you... "Don't cry, why are you crying?" he sniffled and looked up at me.

"I feel, I feel something for you too but I am not sure. It's really disturbing having such a weak brain that won't remember the past."

"Shh, don't say that... you want to know why you can't remember?" she nodded "It's because, the past memories were too painful to remember. It was too painful until your mind chooses not to remember it."

"That means, the memories of... you were painful?" she asked in surprise. All I did was smile and carressed her hair. I will endure it...

HANA'S POV

Jong Hyun oppa woke me up when we reached the hospital. I slid out of the seat and got out of the taxi. Then Jong Hyun handed me all the food. I looked at him in surprise...

"Oppa, you're not coming?" he shook his head and smiled

"I don't want them to see me like this. I'll head back first and rest. See you." he said and shut the door. He told the taxi driver something and looked back at me. He had his finger over his lips, gesturing to keep quiet. I nodded, understanding what he meant. I walked into the hospital and waited for the elevator. Thinking about what we talked about in the taxi made me wondered why the memories of him were painful. Was there something that he knew but didn't want to tell me? I fixed my clothes and knocked on the door and entered. All of them cheered because the food has arrived. Don't say anything.

"Noona... where is Jong Hyun hyung? DId he go and meet Se Kyung noona again? Aish! That per...-"

"Ani. Taemin. He was tired so I told him to go back and rest. Ah. That reminds me. He didn't bring his food." I forced a smile. "I should go and give it to him... you guys eat well, arrassuh?" I looked at Minho oppa who was next to me, paying a close attention to me. I forced a smile. "Wae oppa? Gwenchana?" he pulled my hand and held it.

"You know how much I love you right?" I nodded "You know how much your happiness counts right?"

"Oppa, what are you talking about? I'm just going to go and give the food to Jong Hyun oppa. I will come...-" he pulled me close to him and crashed his lips on mine. I was startled by his sudden action but didn't do anything. He understood and pulled away. He smiled.

"Kaa... he would probably starve, you know how Jong Hyun hyung can be..." Minho said, saying Jong Hyun oppa's name for the first time without a forced expression. I smiled and gave him a peck on the cheeks and left.

I took another taxi home, just minutes behind Jong Hyun oppa... I saw him entering the building. I paid the taxi driver and hurried to the elevator but missed it too. I waited for the next one to arrive, I pressed impatiently on our floor button. Why are you being so impatient? You are going to the same house anyway... I smiled stupidly. The elevator made a 'ding' sound when I arrived at our floor, when I got out of the elevator... I saw Jong Hyun oppa shutting the door at the other end of the corridor.

"He is fast." I stated and started walking towards our house.

I took out my set of keys that Key oppa had made for me the other day and unlocked the door. The Tv was on but Jong Hyun was no where to be seen. I checked his room but he wasn't there either. I was closing the door when suddenly something caught my attention at the corner of my eyes. I screamed and whacked it with my bag.

"Yah! Yah! Hana! Hajima. It's me... Jong Hyun!" he shouted. I stopped to confirm it and it was him.

"Mianhe." I said while he was rubbing his head. I noticed that he had a burst lip and felt guilty because I hit him.

"What are you doing here?" he asked walking towards the kitchen. I lifted up the plastic bag that I was carrying in front of his face.

"You forgot your food." I smiled. His expression softened and took it from my hands. "I got to head back to the hos...-" (BEAST- Thanks to playing) I took my phone out of my pocket and read the text.

 

From: Key

To: Hana

Msg: Hana-ah. You don't need to come back to the hospital tonight. Minho said that it would be dangerous coming alone. So, sleep tight. We'll see you guys tomorrow. Key <3

 

From: Hana

To: Key

Msg: Arrassuh. Take care of my Minho. Nites.

I replied and kept my phone in my pocket. Suddenly, Jong hyun oppa's phone rang too. I looked at the ID and it was a text message from Onew oppa. He reached for his phone that was on the table and read it. He smiled at the text.

"Wae oppa? What is it? Let me see..." he showed me the message

 

From:Onew

To:Jong Hyun

Msg:You kids behave yourself. Jong Hyun, if we come back tomorrow and find Hana... you know, you won't be forgiven. Don't do anything to her you... you byuntae. Sleep tight. Don't sleep together, Minho will kill you. See you tomorrow. From awesome leader Onew :)

 

I felt myself blush and looked away.

"I'll go get change first." I excused myself and headed to my room. After taking a shower, I looked for a first aid kit to treat Jong Hyun oppa's wound.

I got out of the bathroom after finding the things I need for his wound and joined him in the living room. He looked away from the TV and turned towards me. I saw 2 bowls of ramen on the table and 2 glass of water. I looked back at him.

"What's that?" he asked sitting straight

"It's just for your wounds. Come on, let me have a look..." I sat down next to him and faced him. He had a burst lip, blueblack cheek and a red eye.

"Ouch! Careful will you, I need this face..." he joked. I started treating his wound. After when we were done, I kept everything and we ate dinner while we watch the koream drama, Boys over flower. (Lulz. It was the only show I could think of that had the same concept and I like it too. :P)

"I've seen this too many time. I can tell you what he says next."

"Shhhh! Don't spoil it or I swear I will shave you bald when you sleep." I threatened. He laughed but I wasn't bothered even the slightest bit.

JONG HYUN'S POV

I smiled when she threatened to shave me bald when I sleep. She's just too cute. The whole time my eyes was on her and nothing else. I couldn't help but scoot closer to her, and she didn't mind. Hana-ah, if only you could see how beautiful you are through my eyes. After a while she fell asleep on my shoulder. I moved a few strains of her hair away and tugged it behind her ear. Saranghae Kim Hana. Love is pain and it hurts.

I guess I'll have to throw away the pages filled with our memories. My heart is just tired but I have to endure it day by day. I can't forget you even if I try, forgetting you would be like, someone ripping my heart out of my chest without any preparation. Why is a day without you so hard? I still love you even though all you give is a scar of not being able to have you. As I remembered the chorus of 'Last Gift'...

The ring I placed on your finger

Returnes to my hand cold

I received my heart back in return

My last gift...

Is this separation...

I fell asleep with her by my side...

 

Updated. Please comment. :) Hope you guys like the fic until now. It's going to come to an end. AND as said, a twist. :) Please anticipate. Gamsahamnida.