Chapter Eleven - Missing Mermaids

☾ Moon Spell ;story starting!
Missing Mermaids
Missing Mermaids



   

   

CHAPTER ELEVEN

 
 
 
The girl glupped as she looked at the others as she was gripping the edge of her skirt. She seemed nervous about speaking infront of the others as she was just watching them all wake up and as she was motioned to come sit down at the table by Wootak. She walked over as she looked at the others. "My name is Yehana (OC). Uhm, I am a mermaid. I need your help to find my friend. She has been missing for a couple weeks. I mean this isn't normal. We don't venture from land so I just thought she went to the city to get away from the family troubles she had at home in the sea, but she hasn't checked in with me." Yehana said as she looked at them. 

"Mermaid?" Ruiho asked as she nodded. 

"Yes, there are alot of demons that would want our eternal youth." Yehana said as she looked at them as she sat down. She placed her hands on the table just clasping them together as she looked at them. She pulled out a seashell from her purse as she placed it on the table. "This is my friend's. I was hoping that you could scry for her with this." Yehana added she watched a few of them yawn. 

"I can't help today. I promised Kyul that I would work todat at the cafe. I am sure that you guys can handle this." Dongyun said as he had packed up his things just waving as he headed out of the front door.

"I am sure that we can help you." Yeseul said as she looked at the sea shell. "Wootak, why don't you make some tea while I go grab the map and scrying crystal." Yeseul said as she got up from the table as she headed up stairs to grab what they needed. She came back stairs just placing a map and crystal on the table as she sat back down. She tied the seashell around the crystal just waving it around the map. 

"Why did you friend need to some to the city?" Hojung asked as she looked at Yehana. 

"Well her family is pretty famous in the sea and they were having some family trouble. Her brother gave up his fins and youth for a human girl and my friend wanted to do the same to go to school. I am afraid she is hiding out somewhere trying to go to school - but it would be hard because the lack of rea sea water around here." Yehana kept her eyes on the map. 

"Don't focus so much on the map, Yehana. If it will drop then it will and if it doesn't then there are other ways to find your friend." Ruiho said as he looekd at her 

"What is your friend's name? We all go to school or well have friends that still do so we can ask around." Wootak looked at her 

"She is probably using a fake name, but her name is Naeun (APink)." Yehana said as she looked at them. 

"Okay, I'll text some of my friends that are still on campus and see what they say." Wootak said as he turned to his phone. 

"This is a picture of her." Yehana said as she showed him her phone. 

"Can you send me that?" Wootak siad as he had opened up his phone where it showed his number. He watched as Yehana saved his number as the picture was sent to him as he started texting his friends. He looked over to Yeseul just seeing her handing back to the seashell back to Yehana. "Don't worry too much, Yehana. We will find your friend." Wootak said

Yeseul nodded as she got up. "I'll go look in the book for anything that can help us." She said as she grabbed Wootak's arm as they headed up upstairs. Yeseul closed the attic door as she looked at Wootak. "I really hope that Naeun actually wants to be found and hasn't turned herself into a human that might be why the crystal didn't drop." Yeseul said as she opened up the book. 

"Yes that is a possibility but we have to check every possibility for Yehana." Wootak said as he stood beside her. "We could try the find a lost witch spell but change it a little to be find a lost friend." Wootak looked at Yeseul as he was tapping the spell on the page that they were looking at. 

"Yeah, we can try this. We can use the shell to make it stronger plus some of Yehana's blood. Can you go get everyone for me?" Yeseul asked as she was gathering the items that they would need to do this spell. 

"Yeah, I'll go bring them up here." He said He walked downstairs just looking at the others as Hojung had placed down a tea cup infront of Yehana as Ruiho was eatting a bowl of ceral. "Yeseul and I have an idea. She wants everyone upstairs." Wootak said as they all nodded just following him upstairs. They walked into the room as Yeseul was starting the spell.

"I just need the seashell and a little bit of Yehana's blood." Yeseul said as she was handed the seashell as she placed it in the bowl as she gently poke Yehana's finger with a knife as she squeezed out some blood into the bowl just starting to say the spell. The bowl blew in a light smoke as Yeseul looked at them. "We should get a clue the person will appear." Yeseul said

There was few minutes of silence as a spot in the middle of them glowed in a soft bright while light as they watched a girl appeared infront of them as she  blinked at them. "Yehana? Why am I here?" The girl asked as she glared at her

"Eunji (APink)? I came here lookingi for Naeun." Yehana said as the others looked at them. "Everyone is one of our older girls in our group. We all own a small snow cone shop on the beach near our waters. I don't know why it would summon her instead of Naeun." Yehana said 

"Maybe she is suppose to help us find her. Yehana is worried about Naeun." Wootak said as he looked at Eunji. 

Eunji nodded as she looked at them. She crossed her arms as she thought. "I mean we haven't seen her for a few weeks. I mean i saw her brother the other day out by the beach since their parents asked him to come talk about Naeun. I mean they aren't blood related but most of us mermaids aren't. We just stem from the same general line. We could go talk to him." Eunji said 

"Where does he live or work?" Ruiho asked 

"He works in Seoul as a detective. He went to school for criminal law or something after he gave up his fins." Eunji nodded to them. 

"Oh great, well Kyulkyu and Younghee are in the city. They could go talk to him. Can't you text his station to them?" Ruiho handed his phone to Eunji. She typed it in as he explained what he was sending to them and why. "Great, now you got anything from your college friends?" Ruiho looked over to Wootak who was on his phone. 

"Not really, a few of them recoginze her from around campus but they do not know what department that she is in nor have talked to her. We could just go aroung and walk the campus?" Wootak asked 

"Great that is a plan. We will do that. First we have to head to our own homes and get ready. Yeseul do you have to work?" He asked as she nodded. "Okay then go to work. I am sure that minus a Yeseul and Dongyun wont' affect us too much. You two girls can stay here with Hojung, bu the rest of us will be back soon." Ruiho said as he watched Eunji and Yehana nodded. He left with Wootak and Yeseul. 

•••

Kyulkyu was finishing up her meal when she looked at her phone as she had a text from Ruiho about the girl from earlier. They were suppose to go talk to the missing girl's brother. She looked at where they were going and sighed to herself. She looked over to Younghee who was eatting herself just stealing the remains of Kyulkyu's plate. "We have to go to a police station and talk to the missing girl's brother. She is a mermaid." Kyulkyu whispered to Younghee as she nodded. 

"Okay just let me go pay for this." Younghee got up as she went to pay for their food. She waited by the table as Kyulkyu got up as they left together. "Do have his name at least?" Younghee asked as she watched Kyulkyu shake her head no. "The idiot told us to go talk to someone but we don't know his name?" Younghee asked 

"The girl's name is Naeun. Ruiho only said to go talk to Naeun's brother." Kyulkyu showed her phone as they walked down the street. Kyulkyu typed the address in her phone as they started their way there. They walked up to the building as a couple officers were walking out. "So do we just go up to the desk and ask for Naeun's brother, that we need to speak to him, it is about his sister, and it is very important?" Kyulkyu asked 

One of the officers looked back at them as Younghee shrugged. He said something to the group as he walked back towards them. "Excuse me ladies, can I help you?" He called out to them as Kyulkyu turned around. "You're Kyulkyu? The graphic artist?" He asked 

Kyulkyu nodded. "Yeah. How did you know?" She asked 

"I have bought some of your work. I heard you mention Naeun, do you know her?" He asked 

Younghee crossed her arms as she narrowed her eyes. "Who is asking?" Younghee asked as she stood next to Kyulkyu. 

"Oh, sorry. I am her brother, Eunki (Rainz). Well we are not birth related but our families stem from the same ancestoral line." He said "I am sure that Yehana has come around?" He asked "My office is inside lets go talk." He said as he ushered them inside. "Congrats on your first comic. I heard about Hongseok though." He said 

"Yeah, thanks. Oh well you know then Hongseok was attacked by demons. You should just let us handle that one." Kyulky said 

"Noted but I am not on his case so just be careful - but I'll look out for you guys." Eunki said as he brought them into a small office. He closed the door as he motioned for them to sit down. "My team was only going to lunch so no worried about taking up my time." He added "So Yehana found you all?" He asked 

"Yes, and they have another girl named Eunji helping them?" Kyulkyu asked 

"Figures. I didn't give up my fins for a girl. I gave up the ideal of being immortal. I didn't want to live alone forever in the sea. My heart warmed up after seeing all the evil. I wanted to do something about it. I lied and said that I found someone which I did but our love died when I started school." Eunki explained "Though Naeun loved being alone in the water. She liked the idea of one day taking over the seas by storm. I am not sure why she would be on shore." He added 

"Our friends think she is following your footsteps. Our friend Wootak said that some of his old college friends have seen on campus." Kyulkyu said 

"Well yeah our parents want us to be educated but right now Naeun would be preparing for the new mermaids to get their special moon ring. It is our ceremony that gives a mermaid their powers from the moon in how it forms a ring around you." Eunki said "Something must have happened or she has got caught up in some trouble." He said as he pulled out a business card. "This is her phone number and department she is in. Also she should be at school right now." Eunki slid it over as Younghee picked it up. 

"Thanks." Younghee said as she took a picture of it just sending it to the others as she looked back at Eunki. He was typing on his computer as he clicked on his mouse a few times just nodding to himself. 

"No one matching her description has been putting missing persons nor has a jane doe showed up that matches her description either. I can come and help you look. I mean I just put it off as following up some leads." Eunki said "My speciality is missing persons." He added 

"Yeah but you don't have powers." Kyulkyu said 

"I have a gun and a police badage. I can get you any information and in anywhere. I am pretty sure I have power." Eunki stood up as he grabbed his police jacket just throwing it over his shoulders. "Come on, I'll drive." Eunki said 

"I mean Kyul has a faster way. She can orb." Younghee muttered as she followed behind him. 

"Orb? Pretty cool." Eunki said as they walked. "Though I know you two don't not want to risk exposure." Eunki said as he guided them out. 

"Kyulkyu and Younghee, fancy seeing you two here." Kangjoon walked up as he was clearing out a desk. "And with my replacement?" He asked 

"Hello, Officer Park. You know these girls?" Eunki asked as he looked at the two girls as Younghee looked like she was ready to vanquish and Kyulkyu looked sick to her stomach. 

"Nope, lets keep going." Younghee linked her arms with the other two as she strode right past Kangjoon. "And I am sure you won't follow us if you want to be a good boy, Kangjoon." Younghee looked back at Kangjoon with a wink. Younghee kept her arms linked with them as they walked to Eunki's car as she glanced back as Kangjoon was watching them from the door. Younghee got in the car just letting out a breath as she sighed. "Your welcome." She looked at Kyulkyu

"Do you guys have a bad relation with him?" Eunki asked 

"It is personal." Younghee said 

"Fair enough." Eunki answered as he drove off. He drove to the campus as he parked just seeing a group walking up to them. He sighed as he could see Eunki and Yehana. He locked up his SUV as he waited by it as Kyulkyu and Younghee walked off to go talk to the group. He watched as Younghee montioned for him to join them as he slowly walked up. "Hello, I'm Eunki. It is nice to see you again, Yehana. Eunji." He said as he looked at them. 

"Ruiho. That is Hojung, Jun, and Wootak." Ruiho pointed them out as he had a snapback on backwards, a face mask, and his glasses instead of contacts as he had already been called out three times by female students. He really didn't want to be a bother. It was always like this in public since his group was still active and he would hang out with them sometimes as over time they had gotten over the hard feelings. 

"Have you seen Naeun yet?" Kyulkyu asked 

"No, we by the place that you texted us but no one has seen her today or yesterday. She was in class last week but not so much this week." Ruiho said as he looked at them. "Eunji and Yehana can't even sense her so she must be far away or just out of range." Ruiho said 

"Do you have any ideas, Eunki?" Yehana asked 

"Something big must have happened for her to being hiding out like this. I mean she usually doesn't do this. She only did this once before when accidentatly showed her tail to a human but our parents fixed that." Eunki said "Her apartment is not far from here." He said 

"I already went there. No one was home." Yehana said 

"Our spell summoned Eunji for a reason so can you think of anything or anywhere?" Yeseul asked as Eunji sighed. 

"I can. It is a boy's place. She had me drop her off there once. I just thought it was for school so I didn't think to bring it up. I think I remember how to get there." Eunji said as they started to walk to Eunki's SUV. Some got in his SUV and others walked down to Jun dad's car that they had borrowed. 

In Eunki's car, Hojung was sitting next to Younghee. Younghee looked at Hojung as she poked her cheek. "I talked to Kyulkyu about Kangjoon." She whispered as Hojung nodded. "I am sorry if I came across pushy and I understand why you didn't tell us. I will watch her closely and make sure nothing happens. But he might be mad because I kind of provoked him but for Kyulkyu." Younghee said 

"Well Dongyun reads you the easiest so try not to think about it when you are around him." Hojung said as she looked at her. "Granted he probably already knows since those two seemed to always talk to each other but probably not. I mean they both are good at keeping their secrets hidden." Hojung said 

"Or lie about them." Younghee said as she watched Hojung nod. "Anyway is Dongyun going to meet up with us or he is staying at the cafe?" Younghee asked 

"Staying at the cafe dealing with all the magical beings comeing. Iljoo told him that they have been coming there for help and making it hard for real customers get service." Hojung said "I said to hire a special person to deal with that stuff but Iljoo said it should be one of us. I am sure that Dongyun would rather be with us right now." Hojung looked at her phone. 

•••

Dongyun was in the small office of the cafe just going through requests just most of them were minor and could be solved by calling in a favor with someone that they have already helpped or their connections with the magical community. Dongyun sighed as he laid his head on the desk as he raised up his head as he looked at his phone. He just put it back down as he looked at the next set of letters. Many of them were adressed to Ruiho or Hojung so he left those alone. He was making piles for certain members to read later as he had only really been opening the group ones and his. He got up as he walked out to take a break just get some more coffee and help out a little as Kangjoon had walked in just standing in line. He looked more pissed than usual just hiding it behind his face good looking face as he honed in on his thoughts as he watched him not making it noticeable as his thoughts were jumbled. Dongyun felt one of the workers take the coffee pot from him as he had almost burned himself. 

"Are you alright?" Yeri (Red Velvet) asked as she was a fellow whitelighter that had started working a few days ago. 

"Yes, thank you sorry." Dongyun gripped the cup as he walked back into the office. The only problem with his power is the things he hears that he doesn't want to hear. Dongyun looked at his phone as he opened up a message to Kyulkyu. 'There is a emergency at the cafe. Can you come here?" He asked He set down his phone as he looked at his cup of coffee just sipping on it. About ten minutes later, he looked up to see Kyulkyu appear in a fit of orbs. 

"What is wrong?" Kyulkyu asked as she looked at him. 

"Nothing. I just need to talk to you. You wouldn't have come if I told what I really wanted to talk to you about." Dongyun asked 

"Can't it wait? I mean the others might need me." Kyulkyu said as he shook his head. She sighed as she sat down. "What is wrong?" She asked 

"I overheard someone's thoughts." Dongyun looked at her. "About you from Kangjoon." Dongyun watched her expression. 

"Whatever he thought is true. I mean there is more to it but you probably already know it. It was in the past and I am realy okay. You really didn't have to call me here for this. You could have texted me." Kyulkyu nodded. 

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" Dongyun stared at her as she looked around the room. 

"I didn't want to be a bother. Plus I didn't want to get anyone in trouble, I mean it would have caused trouble. I didn't want to be that person." Kyulkyu spoke 

"We are your friends. You would never be a burden or a bother. Who cares if it causes trouble." Dongyun said 

"I am sorry that I am not popular reckless Dongyun who can do everything." Kyulkyu sighed as she rubbed her nose. "I really don't want this to get out. My parents don't even know. They just think we broke up and they believed the school's story about me slipping while doing my chore in cleaning up the pool. I really don't want them to worry or do anything." Kyulkyu said 

"Who esle knows?" Dongyun asked 

"Just you, Hojung, nad i told Younghee this morning. Look we all have secrets and that we just want to disappear and this is mine. So please just let me have this." Kyulkyu said 

"How can you ever let is disappear when it follows you everyday? I mean he is right out there." Dongyun as he rubbed the scar across his hand as he sighed. 

"I just move on and think of the good things in my life like I did in highschool. I put on a smile and thank my luck I am still here." Kyulkyu said

Dongyun had seen her that night outside with Hojung just patting her back and had seen her soaking wet tracking through school those days just havign that stupid smile on her face and telling everyone she was okay and that she was just a stupid clumsy person. He only placed his chair next to her's as he sat down next to her. "Running away isn't the same as it disappearing.' Dongyun looked at her "You don't have to pretend anymore." He laid her head on his shoulder as he felt something wet on is shoulder as he looked at the scar on his hand. 'My mom gave this to me" Dongyun thought to himself but didn't say it outloud. He didn't know why he couldn't tell anyone not even Kyulkyu who he knew would never tell a soul. Maybe this was his disappearing act that just wasn't ready to really revealed like a magic trick like Kyulkyu's was - but he wouldn't like the magician pull the same trick twice. Plus this time he had some better magic tricks to pull out of his hat. 

•••

Yeseul sighed as she walked up stairs to an apartment as she had a new patient today. She sighed as she walked into the building as she walked to the elevator just pressing a button as she walked to a apartment door. She waited as no one came to the door as she rung the bell again just leaning down into the home screen pad that showed who was at the door. "Hello, I am the nurse that was asigned to your case? Is anyone home?" She asked as the door buzzed meaning she could come inside. She entered the apartment just takng off her shoes and putting on a pair of slippers as she walked down the hall as she entered the living room. She looked around as a girl in twenties came aroudn the corner. "Hello, I am Yeseul." She said 

"Naeun." The girl said as she rubbed her arm. "My paper work is there." She said as she watched Yeseul's face. 

"I am sorry to pry but you don't happen to know a Yehana or Eunji? Possibly Eunki?" Yeseul asked as Naeun quickly moved around the counter as she grabbed one of the kinves in the knife holder. "Whoa! Lets put that down. I am a witch and you're friends are worried about you. They got my friends and I to find you. I am not a demon or someone evil." Yeseul said 

"I don't want to be found. I do not want to go back to the sea despire what any of them say. I am happy here." Naeun said as she looked at Yeseul. "Besides I have someone to protect here two, well two people." Naeun placed her hand on her stomach. "That is why I hired a private nurse that could monitor me here away from the public." She said 

"Oh. The father?" Yeseul asked 

"At work. He's human and so I am now. I don't know about the baby though. I am not missing though but you can't tell Yehana or Eunji. Eunki is okay but those other two will just drag me back. They only care because they get benefits from my status and they do not want to lose that." Naeun said "Please don't make me regret asking you here. I will kill you." Naeun said 

"Oh I believe you in that, Naeun. I promise that you can trust me. I won't let anything happen to your baby or you.  I have to tell my friends when they aren't with those two girls." Yeseul said as Naeun nodded. "For now lets check you and the baby out." Yeseul said as she started her assessment. 

Auhtor's note; Hi guys, here is a new chapter. I hope that you guys like it. I started back at work so chatpers might be a slower to come out so please be patient with me!