Chapter Ten - Stories From the Past

☾ Moon Spell ;story starting!
Stories from the past
Stories from the past



   

   

CHAPTER TEN

 
 
 
Yeseul watched everyone from her spot in the living room just wrapping her blanket around her shoulders as everyone was doing something. Sheh watched as Dongyun was back seat cooking at Wootak and Kyulkyu just telling them to add more of this or that. Jun, Younghee, Ruiho, and Hojung were playing cards at the table while eatting the pot of ramen that had been first. She sighed as he looked at her phone as it was hard to interact with them after all these years, but they could act like they were still teens sneaking soju into their water bottles when Hojung's grandma wasn't looking. Yeseul sighed as she scrolled through her twitter feed just looking up to see Younghee hodling out a bowl to her. "I am not hungry. I think I am going to lay down." She said 

"Yah, you have to play truth or dare with us when the food is done!" Hojung called to the other girl as she looked at her. 

"What are we sixteen again?" Jun looked at Hojung.

"No but someone of are probably in that mental state." Hojung waved a soju bottle around. "Plus it will be fun." She added as she watched Younghee pull Yeseul to her feet as Yeseul was holding the bowl of ramen as Younghee pulled the other girl to the table. She looked over Dongyun still telling Kyulkyu and Wootak what to do. "Hey, drunkie. Over here and let them just cook." Hojung said as she tossed a rice cracker at Dongyun's head. 

"Yah, don't tell me what to do! What did you throw at me?" Dongyun glared at Hojung. 

"Just let him stay. He isn't hurting anyone." Jun said as he stuffed a rice cracker in his mouth. "Besides he will hog all the chips." Jun added as he looked at them. "So do any of you know if any places around town are hiring a IT guy or something? I need to get a job soon." Jun sighed as he stuffed more crackers in his mouth. 

"the hospital might be hiring?" Yeseul asked "Or you could look at the community hall." Yeseul said as she handed a pair of chopsticks by Hojung as she started to eat the left over ramen. She watched as Ruiho was looking at his phone just as she shook her head. "What She asked 

"I thought you weren't hungry." Ruiho said as he smacked by Hojung. 

"Ignore him and eat." Hojung told Yeseul as she glared at Ruiho. "First off we need to be more worried about the people that broke into my house tonight. I mean they were clearly after the book, to kill us, or you know both." Hojung said as she looked at them. 

"We need to find out soon because we can't keep using excuses or my dad will get sucicpous and especially now that boy wonder is working with him. Are you going to be okay with Kangjoon being in town, Kyulkyu?" Ruiho asked as they all knew that they two had a past but they didn't know what Hojung knew about their relationship. 

"Yeah, I'll be fine. Dongyun stop eatting the veggies for the skewers." Kyulkyu said as Dongyun was eatting a peice of bell pepper. She pushed him out of the kitchen as she set him down in a chair. "You stay here." Kyulkyu said as Dongyun sighed. 

"Oh what a good boy, you are." Ruiho reached over and patted Dongyun's head 

Dongyun glared at Ruiho as he reached on and smacked Ruiho's head on the table. Dongyun crossed his arms as he looked at them. "Shut up." He said as Ruiho lifted up just glaring back at him. "So you were saying something about finding out who those people were? We could always out friend at the cell phone place. I mean he knew about the witch hunters maybe some of them escaped and get intouch with their demon friends." Dongyun said as he watched as Wootak brought over a plate of skewers and some friend vegetables. 

"You drink some water and eat something to sober up." Wootak looked at Dongyun as he walked back to the ktichen to get the plate of skewers as he looked to see Kyulkyu already doing the dishes. "Kyul, we can do those later. Come and eat before everyone else eats it all." Wootak called as he looked over to her. 

"I am fine. You guys go ahead and eat." Kyulkyu said as she kept on cleaing the dishes that they had gotten dirty as she heard someone's chair move out behind them. Kyulkyu looked up as Dongyun turned off the water just picking up Kyulkyu as he carried her to the table just sitting down as he placed Kyulkyu in his lap. "Dongyun." Kyulkyu started 

"Shut up and eat." Dongyun answered as he leaned back in the chair and picked up a skewer. "Should Kyulkyu and I go talk him?" He asked as the others nodded. 

"Yeah we can all go tomorrow." Ruiho said 

"Wel uhm I can't. I have to go to Hongseok's office tomorrow and work on the comic. I mean I am still an artist on it." Kyulkyu said as she munched on a skewer herself as she moved out of Dongyun's lap just switching to the chair next to him. "Plus I have to go check on the cafe too." Kyulkyu said as she turned to face Dongyun who had opened another bottle of soju. "Give me that, you don't need to drink another." Kyulkyu sadi as she reached out for the bottle. 

"I don't like him. He's a brat and . You aren't going there." Dongyun looked at Kyulkyu. 

Ruiho took the bottle from Dongyun as he looked at the other. "Granted, I think she has to go. It is a job. One of us can just tag along. Come on Dongyun, go lay and drink your water." Ruiho stood up as walked around the table just grabbing Dongyun's arm. He handed him he water bottle as he pushed him a little to the pallet are that Younghee and Jun had made earlier. He got Dongyun in his spot just patting his back. "Dongyun, you have no life. You go with Kyulkyu tomorrow." Ruiho said as he looked at him. 

"Okay." Dongyun answered as he took a drink of the water bottle. He laid down just rolling on his side. 

Ruiho walked back to the group as he sat down in his spot. "Well that is solved. So who the person that we are suppose to go talk ot?" He looked at Kyulkyu as she looked over to him as she had finished her skewer just placing it back on the plate as everyone else was still eatting.

"Daehwi. He works at the cell phone store." Kyulkyu said as she nodded. "I am sure some of you have seen him before. I mean we went to school with him that is how Dongyun and I foudn him." Kyulkyu said as she sipped on her cup of tea. She sighed as she looked at the time. "I am going to go lay down, you guys can stay and talk some more." Kyulkyu got up as she went to her spot by Dongyun.

The others nodded as Jun finished the last skewer as Hojung picked up the plate of skewer sticks as she walked into the ktichen just dumpping them in the trash as she started to clean up a little bit as she figured that her grandmotehr would beat them all if they just left the kitcen a mess. "So tomorrow then we will go talk to that kid and try to learn who those people are and hopefully we won't run into another innocent along the way. Yeseul do you have to work tomorrow?" Hojung looked at her as she nodded her head yes. 

"I work everyday." Yeseul answered as she nodded at them. "But I am always just one phone call away." She added as she looked at them. She finished her tea as she handed her cup to Wootak who was carrying the empty cup to the sink as he was helping her clean the rest of the dishes. 

"Okay that is good. Plus all of our innocents have come from Yeseul's job. Maybe she is our connector to helping people." Younghee said as she nodded. She got up as she walked with the rest of their spots as Hojung had turned off the water. "Look at them two just sleeping when earlier neither of them could sleep." Younghee said 

"Well at least neither of them are making a fuss anymore." Ruiho said as he laid down just setting his glasses on the coffee table as he laid down. Ruiho sighed as he stretched his arms foreward as Hojung turned off the lamps that they are as she kicked Ruiho. "What was that for?" HE snapped at her 

"Move over. You're in my spot." Hojung said as she laid down just looking at them. She sighed as she rubbed her eyes as she looked over to Kyulkyu then back down at her lap. "Guys.., uhm. If you are with Kyulkyu and Kangjoon is around don't let them be alone together for too long. He might ask her out again and then she'll say yes. Just don't let that happen. Good night." Hojung laid down as she pulled her blanket over head. 

"Yah, you just can't tell us that then not give us any reasoning behind it!" Younghee reached over Jun just smacking Hojung's bottom a few times. "Come on, tell us. You've been acting werid ever since you told us about seeing that again. Come on, tell us!" Youngee whined as she leaned her elbows on Jun's chest. 

Jun groaned a little as he felt Younghee's elbows dig into his chest. "Younghee, get off of me. She is going to tell us. Just get off of my chest." Jun said as he pushed forwards just letting her fall on his legs as she sat up just smacking his chest. "You were digging into my chest! It hurt!" Jun said as he glared at her. 

"Are you going to tell us?" Younghee asked as she looked over to Hojung just crossing her arms. 

"I don't think Kyulkyu would like it if I did." Hojung said into her blanket as she had rolled on her side. She covered her face with her blanket as she rubbed her face with it just sitting up as she looked at them. "Just know that Kangjoon's not a good guy." Hojung said 

"Tell us! That doesn't help at all." Younghee crossed her arms. "I know that you and Kyulkyu were really close in school and have begun to get that way again now - but we are bestfriends. All of us! I know we didn't tell eachother everything in highschool but Kangjoon really hurt our little ricecake then we should know!" Younghee said 

Hojung sighed as she watched as Ruiho sat up just looking at her. "Not you too." Hojung sighed 

"Younghee has a point, but at the same time I think that Kyul needs to us whatever happened. Hojung warning us about it just helps us protect Kyulkyu from something other than a demon. I think if you really want to know then you should ask Kyulkyu." Ruiho said as he looked at Younghee. "Maybe you should talk to Kyulkyu about it Younghee." He laid back down. "Now all of you shut up and go to sleep." Ruiho said as he rolled on his side just going to sleep. 

•••

Younghee rolled over as she sighed just seeing Kyulkyu already up just looking at her phone as she biting on her nail which only meany anxious Kyulkyu. "Is something wrong?" She asked as she got out of her spot just ploping down beside Kyulkyu as she had moved to the couch. Younghee pulled her hairband off her wrist just tieing her hair up into a bun as she rubbed her eyes. 

"Hongseok was attacked at the office last night. I need to go check on him. What if it was a demon looking for me? Would you come with me? I don't want to wake up anyone else." Kyulkyu said as Younghee nodded. "You don't mind do you?" SHe asked as Younghee shook her head. 

"No, of course I do not mind. Lets go. We'll meet up at your house." Younghee said as she grabbed her stuff as they made their way out of Hojung's place. Younghee walked to her place just slipping in as she hurried past her mother as she took a quck shower just drying her hair as she pulled her hair into a high pony tail as she heard her mother greeting Kyulkyu. Younghee quckly threw on some clothes after putting on a little make up as she grabbed her purse as she walked to see Kyulkyu ready just being trampled with questions from her mom. "Mom, leave Kyul alone. Come on lets go." Younghee grabbed Kyulkyu's hand as she pulled her behind her as she watched Kyulkyu slip back on her shoes as they walked out to the bus stop. 

"Thanks for coming with me." Kyulkyu said as she looked at Younghee as they were walking to the cafe. "I need to stop and check on everything." Kyulkyu said as she could see Iljoo just helping a few other people in the store as her father could be seen working at the counter. Kyulkyu walked into the cafe as she walked over to her dad. "How is everything going?" She asked 

"Great. I would have called you if needed to come in. Though the customers do miss seeing you and Dongyun - but these guys that Iljoo has reccomended has helped buisness and events. Do you and Younghee want something to drink?" He asked 

"Yes plese, coffee for me would be nice!" Younghee said as she was sitting down at a table. She yawned as she sighed just watching Kyulkyu walk over and sti down across from her. "Don't be so worried about the cafe. Look people are already waiting outside for you guys to officially open up." Younghee said as she was handed a coffee cup and Kyulkyu one as well probably with tea in it. "Come on, the next bus leaves in twenty minutes. Bye." Younghee bowed as she linked arms with Kyulkyu as they walked out.

"Thank you for coming everyone. The cafe will be open in a few minutes." Kyulkyu said as she bowed to the people waiting outside as she felt a girl grab her arm. 

"Uhm Miss Jeon. I need to speak with you about something charming." The girl winked as she watched Younghee sigh. "Oh are you not?" She sighed 

"No, we are but I am have to leave for the city. Here is my friend's address and cell phone number." Kyulkyu pulled out a marker and sticky note pad as she handed the girl Hojung's address and number. "They can help you. Ask for Hojung and tell them that we went you." Kyulkyu waved as she was pulled down the street by Younghee. Kyulkyu was pulled to the bus stop just hurrying up the bus steps just paying their bus fare as they sat down just as Kyulkyu sighed. "Well at least we were able to give that girl Hojung's number." Kyulkyu said as she looked at her phone just texting Dongyun. "I texted Yun about it." She said 

"You and Dongyun always tell each other stuff first like in school. I wonder if you are the only girl in our highschool that didn't go out with Dongyun or wasn't heartbroken by him expect us." Younghee sipped on her coffee as she looked at Kyulkyu. "Hey rice cake, last night Hojung told us not to let you be alone with Kangjoon. Why did she tell us this?" Younghee asked as she looked at Kyulkyu who turned her head to face her. 

"Can we not talk about on this on the bus of all places?" Kyulkyu asked as she watched Younghee sighed as she just nodded. "Younghee, I am sorry if I came across mean or something - but it is really hard to talk about." Kyulkyu said 

"You told Hojung." She mumbled 

"No, she was there. You all were. But she was just there when it happened well one of them." Kyulkyu said "Please do not be mad at me, but I'll think about it." Kyulkyu said as Younghee nodded. 

"Okay, I am just worried." Younghee nodded as sighed. "But I understand. I shouldn't push you into telling me, but seriously. You are going to tell me evenuallty. Right?" Younghee watched Kyulkyu give her a look but nod anyway. "Okay. Sorry. Hojung just made it a big deal and she told us you would like her telling us then Ruiho said I should talk to you about it. Meaning they are making me the bad guy to get you to tell us. Why does that butthead always do this to me?!" Younghee asked 

"Because you might be first in our class in smarts, Youngie - but Ruiho could always outsmart you in other ways. I think it is charming effect of his personaltiy that probably made him a idol in the first place." Kyulkyu laughed as Younghee flicked her forehead as she was then side hugged. Kyulkyu sighed as she leaned on her elbow as she looked out the window.

"We are here." Younghee nudged the other as Younghee had stood up. She let Kyulkyu go infront of her as they wakled off the bus stop. "Which hospital is he in?" Younghee asked as they walked down the street as they both dumpped their coffee cups into a trash can as they walked down the street. 

"He is in university hospital. This way." Kyulkyu said as she pulling Younghee in the direction that they needed to go. Kyulkyu walked into the hospital just walking to the elevators just walking in Younghee stood beside. 

"Do you think he was attacked by something magical?" Younghee asked as she watched Kyulkyu press the button to the elevator doors. 

"I don't know. Maybe." Kyulkyu answered as they walked off of the elevator just walking to the room as Kyulkyu knocked on the door. "Ah, Hongseok-sshi? It is Kyulkyu." She said as she heard someone say to come in as she walked in with Younghee walking in with her. "Are you okay?" She asked as Hongseok was sitting with a drwaing tablet in his lap just in a hospital bed. 

"I mean I am not dead so I guess so." Hongseok answered as there was a few bruises on his face, a black eye on his left eye, and a busted lip. "They are just bruises. They will go away. Come on in." Hongseok set down his tablet. He watched them walk in as he watched Younghee bow as he did so as well. 

"What happened?" Kyulkyu asked "I mean your mangers text was just that you got hurt so not to come in." Kyulkyu said 

"You were worried about me?" Hongseok half smiled as he whined a little. "It is okay, don't go get a nurse. Someone broke in my office asking about you. They were all dressed up in black and were like the mafia - I figured that they were anti-fans at first but then they started asking really werid questions. Then the girl couldn't even get your name right so I figured that she got you confused with someone else. She kept calling Kyulkyung and Kyeolyu then a few others." Hongseok said 

"I am so sorry!" Kyulkyu bowed as she lifted back up. "You got hurt because of me." Kyulkyu sighed to herself. 

"It wasn't your fault! Those crazy people thought you were someone else!" Hongseok nodded "Aish, the police are looking into it. I drew the suspects for them and they got them on cctv. Don't worry so much." Hongseok said as he showed them his tablet as Kyulkyu took it as she looked at Younghee. "Do they look famillar to you two?" Hongseok asked 

"No, sorry." Kyulkyu said as she handed him back the tablet. "You're going to be okay right?" Kyulkyu asked 

"Yeah, I'll be fine. The doctor wants me to stay another night to make sure the swelling in my face goes down and my eye is okay. Though eh, I have worse done to me at fan signing because of jealous fans and what not." Hongseok said "Some fans are even jealous that someone as pretty as you is working with me." Hongseok laughed. 

"I am glad that you weren't hurt seriously." Kyulkyu said 

"You had better not just come out here just for me." Hongseok said "You live far away. The bus fare must have been alot." He added 

"Ah, no. We had something else to do and this was on the way." Younghee answered as she wrapped an arm around Kyulkyu. 

"Oh that is good. Well i should get some rest or the nurses will keep me another day for straining my eyes. Thanks for coming by to check on me." Hongseok said as he hugged Kyulkyu just patting her back. "I'll see you at work in a few days, okay?" Hongseok looked at Kyulkyu as she nodded. 

"Yep, feel better." Kyulkyu said as she linked arms with Younghee as they walked out of Hongseok's hospital room. Kyulkyu walked down the hall with Younghee as they walked back to teh elevator. "Those guys that hurt him were the two that broke into Yun's apartment." Kyulkyu said to Younghee as she pressed the lobby button in the elevator. 

"Really? You could tell by his drawing? I mean granted it was like really good, but still it was dark and he said they were all dressed up in black." Younghee said as they walked out of the elevator just heading out of the hospital. 

"I am positive." Kyulkyu said as she looked at Younghee. "Do you want to get some lunch or something? We can talk about what you asked earlier." Kyulkyu said as she glanced at Younghee as the other nodded at her. 

"I'll even pay since you are going to tell me!" Younghee said as she hugged Kyulkyu's arms. "It might good for you to talk about it." Younghee said as she walked with Kyulkyu. 

"Okay." Kyulkyu responded as she was looking at her phone. She texted in the group chat that Hongseok was attacked by the same people that broke into Dongyun's apartment that night. She looked back up as Younghee had pulled them into a resturant as she followed behind her. She sat down across from Younghee as she blinked at Younghee was already looking at the menu. "Have you been here before? The staff seemed to recoginze you." Kyulkyu said as she set her phone down on the table. 

Younghee shrugged as she looked around again just looking Kyulkyu. "Ah, well uhm. My ex-fiance and I use to come here a lot on our lunch breaks is all. The food is good!" Younghee ndoded as she looked at Kyulkyu. 

"Do you want to go somewhere else?" She asked as Younghee shook her head no. "Okay, you can order for us." Kyulkyu said as she picked up her phone just sighing to herself as she was just looking at a blank screen just tapping on it as she watched Younghee order for them as she looked up to see Younghee just looking at her. 

"This is the first time you've ever talked about boys with me before." Younghee said as she looked at Kyulkyu. "Granted usually you were only fangirling over fictional men or be teased by them." Younghee said as she watched Kyulkyu sigh. "Oh sorry, sorry." Younghee said as Kyulkyu sipped on her water that the waiter had brought them when they were ready to order. 

"Do you even remeber anything from that night?" Kyulkyu looked at her. 

"Yeah, it was halloween. You had on this really cute kitten costume that granted all of us were surprised you even put on. How did you get that past your dad! I mean he grounded you all of golden week when we helped your dye your hair for a cosplay because you couldn't afford the wig!" Younghee laughed 

"I got ready at Kangjoon-sunbae's place. I was going to be sailor moon while you guys were the scouts. He didn't like that." Kyulkyu said 

"Yeah, we were so mad at you! I even sewed that stupid costume." Younghee nodded "Plus we dyed those crappy wigs then Yeseul almost wanted to beat you up that night when you showed up in that ty thing. We even paid off Dongyun to surprise you as that mask guy." Younghee nodded 

"I know." Kyulkyu gripped her skirt in her hands as she looked at the table. "I'm sorry." Kyulkyu said as she looked up at Younghee. "Anyway that night I was going to break up with him after the party, but during it i went up to his rooom to get my jacket. I saw him with a nother girl so I blurted that we were over and then-" Kyulkyu spoke as she stopped as their food as placed down. 

"That jerk! When he confessed first and made all the girls hate you." Younghee nodded. "Was this the first time?" She asked as Kyulkyu shook her head no. "Yah, you idiot! Why didn't you break up with him the first time?!" Younghee reached over and flicked her forehead as Kyulkyu flinched. 

"He had a temper. Plus I hadn't caught him just heard rumors and he would say they were just jealous and making up stuff to trick me. You all said the same thing when I asked you then! You told me to ignore the petty es and strut him around to let them know who was boss! Do you think I could ever do that?" Kyulkyu snapped 

"Granted I was like fifteen so I don't know why you listened to me." Younghee answered as she flicked back. "Sorry, sorry. Keep going." Younghee said 

"I told him that we were over and we were broken up - but he only laughed and said to be good and go back to the party. I said no and told him to never talk to me again and that I hope he enjoyed his new toy and that he was a pathetic bastard or something. Then I left but he said something about that this wasn't over." Kyulkyu nodded 

"It doesn't sound that bad." Younghee said 

"That wasn't the bad part. It happened at school a few days later. It was afterschool and one of Kangjoon's friends told me to go to the pool area because he wanted to say sorry and not leave our relationship on a sour note so I went but when I got there I was shoved into the bleachers and I hit my head. Kangjoon wanted me to apologize for embarrassing him infront of everyone at lunch earlier when I told him to off and tried to leave he grabbed me by the hair and into the pool. He ducked me a few times before luckily Hojung got cleaing duty and took the route through the gym and heard everything. Kangjoon ran off before Hojung could get a teacher. I was embarrassed and said I had slipped and fell in." Kyulkyu looked at Younghee. 

"Kyul. Yah! Why didn't you tell us sooner! We could have sicked those thugs that would hang out around at Yeseul's hosue to get back at him! I can't believe you two hid that from us all these years. Well I mean you and me have somethings hidden as well. Yah so that time hat you had bruide on your arm that wasn't from tripping while unlaoding a delivery truck at the cafe?!" Younghee watched Kyulkyu sigh "I should beat you right now! Why would you like him! He was jerk to everyone!" Younghee snapped 

"He isn't like that anymore. Just drop it. People can change." Kyulkyu said 

"Now I know why Hojung told us it was bad for you to be stuck alone with him. You crazy witch that just wants everyone to like you! He's bad guy. Just think of him like the human verison of a demon. You got lucky, Kyulie! He could have really hurt you! I beat he is a psychopath that plays cop to make himself feel better." Younghee snapped as she stuffed some food in . Younghee watched as Kyulkyu looked the food infront of them just holding her chopsticks. "Eat up, Kyulie. I won't tell anyone. Thanks for telling me." Younghee said as she placed some meat into Kyulkyu's rice bowl. "Did you know that I was happy when he asked you out. All the others said that it was just a joke or he was playing a prank on you, but I told them that you were cute and deserved a nice boy - but I was wrong. I'm sorry." Younghee said 

"It is okay." Kyulkyu said

"Maybe your 2-d men are better." Younghee sighed as she watched Kyulkyu start to eat. 

"Serioiusly?" Kyulkyu asked

"No, of course not! I just thought it would make you feel better." Younghee answered as she looked at the other. Younghee smiled as Kyulkyu laughed as she went on eatting just eatting the vegetables that she knew Younghee wouldn't eat much of.

•••

The girl infront of Younghee and Kyulkyu from before watched Younghee drag Kyulkyu away as she started down the street as she looked around for street addresses. She kept her backpack straps close to her body as she walked down the dirt roads of Namwon just heading towards the small two story home in the back of the town with the a lonely barn attatched to it. She walked up to the front door just checking the address as she raised up her hand to knock on the door which she did. She waited a few mintues before knocking again as Hojung's grandmother opened the door. "Hello, grandmother! I'm looking for Hojung! Her friend send me here. Kyulkyu?" She smiled at her grandmother as she nodded. 

"Come on in. Most of them are just waking up. Lazy children." Hojung's grandmother let the girl in as she walked back off to her room. "They are through there." She motioned. 

"Thank you!" The girl bowed as she slipped off her shoes as she walked into the living room just seeing the rest of them stretching and getting up. "Hello! I am sorry to bother you but your friend sent me!" The girl said as she looked at them. 

"Aish that idiot left with out me. She took Younghee instead." Dongyun rolled around in his pile of blankets mixed in with Kyulkyu's. Dongyun looked at the girl's direction as he glared at her. "Hojung, you grandmother let in a werido." He said as he looked at his phone. 

Hojung sighed as she turned to the girl as the girl crossed her arms. "Hi. Who are you and what do you want?" Hojung asked as she smacked Ruiho on the just to wake up him as he groaned and sat up just blinking at the new person in the room. "Well go on and speak." Hojung nodded as she watched Ruiho put his glasses on. 
 

Auhtor's note; Hey guys here is a new chapter! I hope that you guys like it!