Chapter Nine - Witch Hunters PT 3

☾ Moon Spell ;story starting!
Witch Hunters PT 3
Witch Hunters PT 3



   

   

CHAPTER NINE

 
 
 
Wootak was mixing a potion as Ruiho and Dongyun had just left to go get Yiren's sister, Kyulkyu, and Hojung. He was mixing some sleeping potions as they didn't want to kill the humans but they needed to kill any demons or evil people that were in the bonfire. He looked over to the others as they were making a potion to reveal someone's alignment. It would help them determine who was a demon or not - well they hoped that it would. He sighed as he looked at Yeseul. "Yeseul, can you hand me the dried beetle toe?" Wootak asked as she looked around the jar as she handed it to him. "Thanks." He said 

"No problem." Yeseul responed as she was working a fog potion just sitrring it as she looked at the others. "I think one of should stay behind and protect Sora and Yiren." She said Yeseul looked at the others as she said this as only Jun nodded. 

"I will volunteer -" Jun started 

"Not you, you have the best active power against fireballs." Yeseul glared at him. "I meant myself. My powers aren't really the best for this situation and I can easily protect Sora and Yiren. Plus I can always be by the book to help you guys if you guys get into a pickle." She said "Plus I do not feel comfortable leaving the book of shadows alone with two strangers." She looked at them as Sora was paying more attention to her phone. 

"She has a point." Younghee said as she filling up different draw string pouches wiht potions as they finished them. 

"Alright we will talk to the others about before we leave. Anyway this potion is done." Wootak said as he started to bottle it up just putting the cork in the potion bottles as he filled up the other bags just putting the left over potions in his own bag just starting to clean up his area. He turned to Yeseul as he leaned on the table. "Are you sure that you want to stay here all by yourself? What happenes if they send people at the house because they know we have Sora and Yiren. I do not like the idea of you here by yourself. You are putting yourself in danger and just telling us to go off to bonfire. I understand that you can handle yourself but still you can't take on these people if they bust into house and attack you three." Wootak looked at Yeseul as she crossed her arms. 

"You are really going to lecture me now?" Yeseul asked "If they do come and attack then I'll call for Kyulkyu and she will come to our help or I'll Iljoo. He can come and help us." Yeseul added "Plus I they have powers or well at least Yiren has powers. She can help me. I"ll be fine." Yeseul held up her bag of potions and the ones on the shelf in a box on the back book case. "Stop worrying." She added as she watched Ruiho come in the room as he tossed her car keys to her as she caught them. "So you must be Yiren?" SHe looked at the new girl walking in between Kyulkyu and Hojung. 

"Yeah, that is me. Sora, thank god you are okay." Yiren walked over to the girl just sitting down beside her. 

"Did everything go okay wtih the police? Because we can not have police on our tails." Younghee said as she looked at them. 

"It went super. We ran into Kangjoon. Whoo." Hojung looked at her as Kyulkyu glared at Hojung. Hojung only rolled her eyes. "Before anyone yes the same one we knew in highschool and we don't need to talk about it. We need to focus on the job at hand." She said 

"Well at least if he still is cool with Kyul then we have law enforcement on our side." Wootak said 

"So who is all going and what are these potions for?" Kyulkyu asked as she looked at Wootak. 

"This is your bag. THese are potions of different kinds. One if for hopefully detecting between human and demons. The other is of course vanquishing potions, one is a fog potion just in case we need to make a get away, and the last is a sleeping potion for the humans so when we do call the cops then they can arrest those people." Wootak said as he explained each potion in the bag as he nodded. "And Yeseul wants to stay with Sora nad Yiren." He added 

"Yeah I think that would be smart." Hojung said "You three just stay in the crystal cage that we will leave you in up here for protection." Hojung said as she looked at Yeseul. "We can orb right outside of the bonfire area so that you can keep your car here." Hojung said as she looked at Kyulkyu was sitting off by herself as she nodded. 

"Great, the bonfire shoudl already be started by now so we need to hurry and go there." Ruiho said as he looked at them. "And when we are done who is going to call the police?" He asked as Younghee raised her hand. 

"I"ll do it." Younghee said as she handed Jun his potion bag. "Lets get going." She said as she walked over to Kyulkyu just pulling her up to her feet as she wrapped her potion bag around her wrist. She helds hands with Kyulkyu as everyone placed a hand around her wrist or shoulder just orbing right outside of the forest as seeing some light from fire just hearing some cheering from afar from what they assumed is the bonfire party. Younghee peered over a tree as they were a lot closer than she thought. "They right over in that feild. I don't think that they see us but they do have a few people tied up. I think Kyulkyu and one of should go and try to untie the innocents and get them out of here or to a safe place as the rest of us work on the witch hunters and demons?" Younghee said as she watched Dongyun stand behind Kyulkyu. 

"Yeah, the only person here with out true active powers." Dongyun said 

"Yeah, you two have potions right?" Hojung said as she looked at them as they both nodded. "Alright we'll go and you guys orb when you see that we have enough of them down or when you see a good chance to. And you - don't run away." Hojung glared at Jun as the others started to walk off. She took out a few of her detection potions as she looked at Ruiho as they had grouped up. Hojung and Ruiho were going around the left as Younghee, Jun, and Wootak rounded the right. Hojung lifted up her potion as they got close as everyone threw it as they hit mostly just evaportating in the air as no one really noticed them. The ones that did hit left sparkling stains on people as others turned around wondering what hit them or if something had spilled something on them. Hojung sighed as she stood just looking at the group just breathing in. "I am going to just freeze the innocents meaning all human." Hojung said as she focused on this just closing her eyes as she ficked her hands forward as people stopped moving as she saw blue orbs in the distance. "Go, go!" Hojung called out as she rolled across the ground just dodging a couple fire balls as Ruiho caught them just sending them back. 

"I will do the sleeping potions." Wootak said as he tossed potions as the frozen people as he watched them fall over just watching a fire ball to the ground as it was turned to ice. He glanced over to where Dongyun adn Kyulkyu were as they were untieing people and being hugged as Kyulkyu pushed them to the side as she was gathering them up in order to orb them somewhere safe as Dongyun was tossing potions as he was tosseed Kyulkyu's potion bag. Wootak turned back to what he was infront of him just tossing a potion just watching a demon vanish as he looked at Ruiho just tossing fire balls. Wootak ducked as he glared at Ruiho. "Watch where you throw!" Wootak said as he glared at him

"Sorry my bad!" He said as threw another one just hitting another demond as he looked around. 

Younghee sighed as she levitated just flipping over one just letting the two hit each other with their fire balls. She looked back at them as they disappeared into a flame just being vanquished. Younghee sighed as she brushed herself off as she looked around at the group. "Is that all of them?" She asked as she turned to Kyulkyu. "Did you tell them that they can't say that we weren't here?" Younghee said as she could hear police sirens in the background. "Oh great." Younghee said as she sighed. 

"Yeah, they know. We gave them a story. Those people should be waking up in a couple minutes so we should get out of here." Kyulkyu said as she walked over to them just as she looked at the people in the centered group. "Remember what we told you." Kyulkyu said as they grouped up just orbing out back to Hojung's mother's home. 

•••

When they arrived back, Yeseul was reading through the book of shadows as Yiren and Sora were sleeping just off to the side. Yeseul looked up as she looked the group as put down the book in her lap. "Did everything go okay?" She asked as she got a few nods. She watched as they sat down just looking at her. 

"We dealt with the group and got rid of all of the demons and someone around us called the poilice because we had to hurry out. I am sure everything is okay." Younghee said as she brushed off some grass off her jeans. "Plus we saved all the people that they were going to do things to so Yiren and Sora can go home in the morning." She added 

"Should we all stay here for the night just in case that anyone comes for us, we won't be alone?" Jun asked as he looked at the others. 

"Yeah, I think that is a good idea. Or Kyulkyu can orb them two home. We can all go get some stuff that we would have here to sleep here like have another slumber party to see if anyone attacks them or us?" Younghee asked as she looked at everyone. 

"So I orb them home then go get my stuff and come here?" Kyulkyu said as she looked at them. 

"Yes, Can you go on your own?" Dongyun asked her as she nodded her head. 

"Don't worry, I'll have my phone." Kyulkyu said as she walked over to the two girls just lightly shaking their shoulders. "I am going to orb you home and it should be safe you two to return." She said as she watched the two girls gather their things. "Well I"ll be back soon." Kyulkyu said as she placed her hands on each girl's shoulder as they appeared into her apartment as there was a knock at Yiren's apartment door. 

"Miss Yiren?" Kangjoon called out

"Give me your shoes and looking like you two had fallen asleep." Yiren was handed them their shoes just throwing them blankets. She set down their shoes as she opened up the door just looking at the two officers. "Oh officers please come on in. What did you need?" Yiren let them in as she looked at the two grils as they had the tv just watching dramas. 

"We just came to tell you that the people that broke into your home have been caught and also making sure that you are okay." Kangjoon said 

"Is everything okay, Yiren?" Kyulkyu asked as she looked at the other as she sighed as she saw Kangjoon standing there. 

"Why are you still here?" Kangjoon asked 

"I was here staying with them as they didn't feel comfortable staying by themselves." Kyulkyu said 

"Well everything is okay now and I am going home to visit my parents so I can take you home." Kangjoon said as he looked at her. 

"Great, I mean only if you want to but I mean there is still a bus that I can take." Kyulkyu said as she looked at him. 

"No, come on. Please let us know if anyone else bothers you ladies." Kangjoon said as Kyulkyu sighed. 

"Bye guys." Kyulkyu said as she pulled on her shoes as she followed behind Kangjoon just looking at her phone. She pulled up the group chat just telling them that she made it back to the girl's apartemnt okay but they ran into Kangjoon and now he is taking her home back to Namwon and she couldn't just say no because it would be werid and that he was heading back anyway and she would be there a little later than she hoped. She only got a text form Hojung of good going dummy and not to do anything stupid. Kyulkyu looked up as she bumpped into Kangjoon as she they had entered the elevator. 

"Who are you texting so much?" He asked 

"Just telling my mom that I am getting a ride home you know. She likes to know so that she doesn't freak when I come home late." Kyulkyu said as she looked at him. She watched as he nodded. 

"It doesn't surprise me that you still live at home. My SUV is over here." Kangjoon said as he walked her over to his car just unlocking it as he opened up the passgenar door just grabbing everything that he had in the seat just setting it in the back seat of the car as he moved out of the way so that Kyulkyu could get in the car. He shut the door just walking to the driver's side as he started up his car just pulling out as she was already buckled up just looking at her phone as he reached out just taking her phone. 

"Hey, you're just going to be driving and I am probably going to sleep.' Kyulkyu said as she had kicked of her shoes just bringing her legs up to her chest "I was only answering my friends. We are suppose to have a slumber party." She added 

"Then why does Dongyun need to your stuff form your house because you can pop on over?" Kangjoon asked 

"Because he was closing up the rice cake shop. He works there." Kyulkyu lied as she tried to take her phone back as Kangjoon slipped into his jacket pocket. "Seriously?" She glared at him as he shrugged. Kyulkyu sighed as she crossed her arms. "You better not put us in a car crash." She closed her eyes as she heard Kangjoon chuckle under his breath as she was holding out her  hand as she felt her phone being placed in her hand. "Thank you." She placed her phone beside her "When we get to town, you can just drop me off at Hojung's house." She looked at him. 

"Alright but you owe me for the ride and dropping you off at Hojung's house." Kangjoon glanced at her as she gave him a look. 

"Can i know what you want from me?" Kyulkyu asked 

"I'll let you know. You can go to sleep if you want." Kangjoon said as he watched Kyulkyu nod as she picked up her phone just placing it in her lap as she closed her eyes just trying to drift off. Kangjoon shook his head as he kept driving. He finally pulled up to Hojung's house as he had woken up Kyulkyu about ten minutes before they had arrived at Hojung's house. He could see that Dongyun was waiting outside for her just standing by the door. "Are you working at all this weekend?" He looked at her 

"I don't know, I'll let you know." Kyulkyu said as she was pulling on her shoes just unbuckling herself. "Thank for you for the ride." She added as she started to get out. 

"Your welcome." Kangjoon said as he watched her start to get out of the car. "Kyulkyu." Kangjoon's tone shifted as she stopped in her tracks as she looked at him. "When I call on you, you better be good and listen to me like you use to because you're still such a good girl, right?" Kangjoon leaned up as she closed the car door and walk over to Dongyun just walking inside with him. 

•••

Kyulkyu looked at Dongyun as he seemed half asleep. "I am sorry. Yiren pushed me into it. SHe didn't even offer to let me stay and spend the night. Neither of them said anything." Kyulkyu said as they entered Hojung's grandma's house as she watched him lock it back up as she took off her shoes as she was handed a bag. "Thanks." She said 

"I already set up your spot beside me so just come lay down when you are changed. We figured that you had no choice and the only person that was worried was Hojung. I mean what is the deal with Kangjoon. I know you guys have a past but it is really that bad?" Dongyun asked her 

"I don't think I am ready for anyone to know or talk about it. I'll be okay though, don't worry about me." Kyulkyu said as Dongyun grabbed her wrsit. 

"You know when you want to talk about it then you can come talk to me. Plus we are all here for you." Dongyun said as he looked at her. 

"I know." Kyulkyu said as she walked up the stairs with him. She walked into the bathroom just changed into some pajamas as she also used some of Hojung's face cleanser to clean off her make up just knowing that Hojung woundn't care if she used just a little. She walked into the room just sieeing Dongyun looking at his phone as she laid down. "Sorry did waiting for me mess up your sleep?" She asked 

"No, I uhm just had trouble going to sleep tonight." Dongyun answered as he looked at her.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Kyulkyu asked 

"No, not really." Dongyun answered as he looked up at ceiling. 

"Like someone said about two minutes if you want to ever talk then -" Kyulkyu chuckled as he kicked her leg just glaring at her. 

"Shut up and go to sleep. If you're going to fool around then go somewhere else!" Ruiho snapped at the pair as he rolled over just pulling his blanket over his head. 

"Come on, I have an idea that might help." Kyulkyu whispered as she got up just wrapping the blanket around her shoulders as she got up. She walked downstairs just into the kitchen. All of them knew this kitchen like the back of their hands since Hojung's house was the place that they would hang out at all the time since her grandmas usually paid no attention to them unless they were doing something illegal or that would get them killed. "Her grandmas always has this great tea brew that helps with sleep, but now I think it is a variant of that sleeping potion we made." Kyulkyu said as she filled up a tea pot with water just setting it on the stove. She heard more foot steps come down the stairs. 

"What are you two doing?" Younghee asked 

"Can't sleep." Dongyun laid his head on the counter

"Ah. How did you car ride go?" Younghee looked at Kyulkyu as she watched her set a third cup on the counter. 

"Can we talk about something other than that?" Kyulkyu asked as she looked at them. She put in the tea bags once the water had boiled just taking off the stove as she set it down just turning off the stove to let it tea bags seep. She leaned against the other side of the counter as she looked at the pair. "instead lets talk about Younghee, you never said why you came back home." Kyulkyu looked at her

Younghee pushed her tounge against the side of her cheek as she looked at the two. She sigehd as she handed a hot cup of tea. "I got fired from my job because of my powers. I broke some stuff, you know it isn't very important." She said as she didn't mention about her being engaged and that ending as she looked at the other. "And you know I might have been engaged but you know it is no big deal those things end all the time." Younghee slipped in as she looked at them. 

"You what?" Kyulkyu blinked "Out of all us I thought it would be Jun to be married first or Dongyun drunkily married to some girl." Kyulkyu said as Dongyun glared at her. 

"It is fine. Now that I look back on it, it was stupid. We had only dated for a short time, but his parents didn't like me. Rich boys." Younghee sighed into her cup of tea. "But it is okay now, I think I am starting to warm up someone else." Younghee sipped on her cup. "I mean look at yourself, you're getting all the fellas. Hongseok, Kangjoon, -" Younghee was cut off by Kyulkyu

"Please don't ever say I am getting Kangjoon. That is not a path I want to talk down again. Plus Hongseok is my boss, not going to happen." Kyulkyu gave her a look. Kyulkyu looked out to the slide glass door that lead to the barn as she there was a large crashing sound outside. Kyulkyu walked to the front just grabbing her shoes as she carried them to the door as Younghee had followed suit. Dongyun finally followed the two girls after a few moments of them looking at him. "Wait, should we really go out there?" Kyulkyu looked at them as Younghee shoved her outside. 

"You stay with scaredy cat even thought she came to the door first." Younghee said 

"I thought it might be a raccoon or something then I remeber the demons." Kyulkyu said as she walked next to Dongyun. She sighed as she got a glare from Younghee as they made their way closer to the barn. Kyulkyu and Dongyun walked to the left side of the barn as Younghee was on the other side. Kyulkyu watched as Younghee opened the door as the three of them looked only to see a couple figures looking through their stuff that they leave in the barn mainly just training stuff. 

Younghee sighedd as this would be easier with Hojung. She waved her arms forward just knocking the other people down as they walked up. Younghee looked at them as she looked back at Dongyun and Kyulkyu. "Do you two regconize these goons?" Younghe asked as she keeping them down in the small air frenzy. 

"Yeah they look like the two that broke into my apartment. I mean we can't really prove it but why are you guys still around? We took out the demons helping you or are they not apart of that it is something esle?" Dongyun asked as he looked at the two other as he turned back to them. 

"Well we never figured out if they were human or not." Kyulkyu said as she looked at these two. "Oh gosh if they are in here then who might got into the house. I'll go even though I don't want to." Kyulkyu said as she orbbed back to the attic as she orbbed in the room as she walked to the attic door as the crystals were still around them as people were trying to get to them only be blasted back by the crystal cage. "Book of Shadows." Kyulkyu said as she orbbed the book from another shadow as she held it one arm. "Potion box." Kyulkyu said as she grabbed the box as she watched as Wootak sat up as she kicked a crystal. "Bad guys!" Kyulkyu said as she set down the potion box just kicking to him as she raised up an hand. "Fire ball." She orbed it back at the person as she watched Wootak throw a couple potions as Kyulkyu was flipping through the book of shadows. "Wake up Hojung, she can't blast them! The are just low level worker demons. I think." Kyulkyu said as she watched Wootak reach over Yeseul shaking Hojung as she rolled over. 

"Get out of the way Kyulkyu with the book." Wootak said as he watched her orb out of the way as he shot a few lines of electricity at them just seeing now an empty attic as he stood up as he watched the others started to wake up. He watched Kyulkyu move the crystals around the book to protect it. "Follow Kyul." Wootak said as they started down stairs. Wootak looked after everyone grabbed their shoes just making their way to the barn. 

"What is going on?" Ruiho asked as he was putting on his glasses. He walked into the barn as Younghee and Dongyun had tied up the people that had sneaked into the barn. "These are the two that you all woke us up for and of course the ones in the house." Ruiho said as he looked at the other two. 

"Yeah they won't say anything but Dongyun has been doing his thing but you know how that goes." Younghee said as she looked at them. 

"I mean us with more horrible powers can stay and interrogate them while the others can go to sleep or we can all stay here." Ruiho said as he tossed a fire ball up. He looked at the others as he compressed the fireball as the two people that they had tied up vanished in a couple white lights as Ruiho sighed. "We got up for nothing." He snapped

"There some tea in the kitchen." Kyulkyu said as she looked at them. "Plus i am sure that I can whip something up in the kitchen." She said as she looked at them. 

"I am good with that. Light night snacks." Hojung said as they started back inside to the house. Hojung sighed as she walked to her grandma's room just peeking in. "It is okay grandmas, they were just demons. We took care of them." Hojung said to her She watched as her grandma nod as she closed the door just walking back to the kitchen as there was a knock at the door. Hojung sighed as she could see Kyulkyu starting ot make ramen as she walked to the door just seeing Ruiho's dad and Kangjoon in their police jackets. "Great the neighbors probably saw the figures stalking around." Hojung thought as she opened up the door. 

"Hello. We got a call that there were some shadowy figures walking around the barn?" Ruiho's dad looked at Hojung as Ruiho walked up. 

"Ho, is it okay if Kyul uses some of the veggies your grandmas has to make some skewers?" Ruiho looked up as he saw his dad. "Oh appa, why are you here with him?" Ruiho asked as he stood next to Hojung. 

"We got a call about some shadowy figures." Kangjoon said "I am going to station in Namwon to train some cadets, plus I came to visit my parents." He added 

"OH that was just me and Jun coming from the barn. We all were hanging in there ealier and I left my glasses in there." Ruiho said "We've been playing board games and having a sleepover." Ruiho said 

"spicybuddy, can I use the veggies?" Kyulkyu called 

"Yes!" Hojung said as she sighed. "So is everything okay then?' Hojung asked 

"Yeah, it is. Sorry to bother you all, don't make too much noise and have fun." Ruiho's dad said as he motion for Kangjoon to follow. 

"Thanks, bye." Hojung said as she closed the door just walking back to the kitchen as she watching the others make snacks. She smiled to herself as she watched Jun and Youngee setting up their places in the living room with their blankets and stuff. Hojung walked over to the kitchen counter just watching Kyulkyu and Wootak cooking. She could see Dongyun passing shots of soju as she took one just popping it back as she leaned on the counter. 

Author's Note - Hey guys. We will end the chapter here. I hope that you guys liked this chapter.