Chapter eight - Witch Hunters PT 2

☾ Moon Spell ;story starting!
Witch Hunters PT 2
Witch Hunters PT 2



   

   
  1. CHAPTER EIGHT
 
 
 
Dongyun was eatting his third peice as he looked at Kyulkyu typing on her phone just half smiling to herself. He loked back at the group as he crossed his legs. "He said that the hunters meet up at a bon fire. Have you gotten in contact with whoever that you all were going to try to find?" Dongyun asked as he ate some more of his pizza. 

"I have to go to Hongseok's and give me my character files for the new work so he can start on it." Kyulkyu said as he looked at them. 

"I don't feel okay with you going on your own." Yeseul said as she looked at Kyulkyu. "I know that you can orb and stuff but you going out to the city by yourself with monsters and witch hunters on your tail if not good." Yeseul said as she looked at the group. 

"I"ll be fine. I just running to the office then I'll be back." She said as she looked at them. "I mean it is not like I'll be gone too long I can orb myself out of trouble and anything can be a weapon for me." Kyulkyu said as she stood up. 

"I agree with Yeseul, one of us should go with you." Hojung said as she stood up. "I'll go." She said as she walked over to Kyulkyu just helpping her up as she linked arms with her. She pulled Kyulkyu with her as she grabbed her bag and jacket as she walked down stairs. "You guys find Sora's sister." She added as she walked out with Kyulkyu as they were walking to Kyulkyu's house.

Kyulkyu walked up to the house entering the front as she kicked off her shoes just walking to her room as she could hear Hojung coming inside and saying hello to her grandmother who was in the living room. Kyulkyu opened her door as she walked into her room as she watched as Hojung came in after her just jumpping up on her bed. 

"You room hasn't changed at all." Hojung said as she looked at her packing up folders and papers into a backpack. 

"Your room hasn't either. I mean we still live at that places we were in highschool." Kyulkyu said as she looked at Hojung looked at her. 

"If you make enough money from this project will move away?" Hojung looked at her "I mean you always said you wanted to live in the big city and go to art school." Hojung said as she got up as she watch Kyulkyu put on the backpack. 

"Do you really think that I can do that now, Jungie?" Kyulkyu looked at her 

"But you have all that money saved up! I mean you worked every summer and any other break at two to three odd jobs to save up money for college." Hojung said as she looked at Kyulkyu.

Kyulkyu smiled at her feet as she shook her head. "I don't have it anymore. I used all that money to revenate the cafe and get it back its feet. That is my college and I am okay. Come on lets go." Kyulkyu said as she pulled her along. "Besides I have a new job thanks to you." She added on as they passed her mother in the kitchen as she had ear buds in just cleaning dishes as they both put their shoes back on as they made their way to the bus station. They got on the bus just making their way to the city as the bus ride took a good hour or so as Kyulkyu poked Hojung as she had stood up to get off the bus. 

"Took longer than usual." Hojung said as she followed Kyulkyu. "Do you know where we are suppose to go?" Hojung asked as she followed behind Kyulkyu as she made it to her side just looking around. 

"Yes, of course I know where we are suppose to go." Kyulkyu said as she took a glance at her friend as she walked with her. The pair walked up to a large building as they entered, Kyulkyu looked at the board that told you where what the floors were as she grabbed Hojung's hand just walking to the elevators. They got inside one of them as Kyulkyu pulled out her new phone just looking at the time. "If we drop off the folders and then catch the three-thiry bus then we should be back at home by five." Kyulkyu looked at Hojung as she nodded. They got off of the elevator as Kyulkyu walked down the hall to an office. She knocked as she heard a familar voice say to come on in. 

"Oh you brought a friend." Hongseok said as he was bent over a drawing tablet with a large monitor as he pressed a key on his keyboard for the screen to go black. He got up as he watched Kyulkyu take off her backpack as she pulled out the folders as she held them out to her. "Do you think that you can stay for a little and watch me sketch them out?" Hongseok walked to another desk as he pulled up another drawing tablet just connecting into another monitor in the office space as he the computer. "So did you two have fun the other night? I am sorry that I didn't get to take you home but I am sure your friend got you home." Hongseok pulled up another chair for Kyulkyu by the desk. 

"Yeah all us had fun, thanks for giving our little rice cake this chance. She has been waiting for years for something like this." Hojung said 

"Well I am gald that it is me than some of the other artisits around here." Hongseok pulled up his sleeves as he typed on the keyboard just logging into the computer and then into the program. "Was it okay for you?" Hongseok looked at Kyulkyu 

"Yeah, it was fun. I don't really party much so anything is good really." Kyulkyu said as she sat down 

"Oh you can sit over there, we shouldn't be that long." Honseok pulled Kyulkyu's chair closer to his as he handed her a drawing pen as he started to skietch. 

Hojung just shook her head as she sat down in a chiar on the other side of the room as she looked at her phone. She opened up the group chat as she pressed on the message bar, "we might be a little longer than expected - that hongseok is making kyulkyu hep sketch a few characters." she pressed send just going on to look at her social media. She qucikly got a reply from Ruiho as his reply didn't seem that he was too happy with the descision. "Well hurry. it is starting to get dark out. And maybe you two can search Sora's older sisters apartment. I'll send you the address and pass code from Sora." Hojung looked at her phone as she looked over to Kyulkyu just seeing her fixing little parts here just leaning over Hongseok a little as she watched him lift her a little to sit on the left side of his chair just leaning back a little as he draped an arm around the back of the chair. Hojung threw up a hand as she stood up as Kyulkyu looked back at her "I am not about to be a thirdwheel in a future one shot session." Hojung looked at her 

"There is nothing going on." Kyulkyu said as she looked at her "Collabators do this all the time." Kyulkyu said as she looked at her 

"Well look we have to get going. Ruiho just texted me Sora's older sisters apartment and stuff. We have to go look at it together." Hojung walked back to her seat as she glared at Kyulkyu. "And he clearly wants something to happen. He wasn't just surprised that you brought a friend but disappointed. I am not playing for this." She added as she got back in the same position as she waited for Kyulkyu to readjust herself as she waved her hand again. "Oh my gosh, Kyu. We have to get going. Something happend at Yiren (OC)'s place and we have to back there." Hojung walked over as she looked at her 

"Go by yourself. Aren't you an adult?" Hongseok glared at her 

"Well only Kyulkyu knows the passcode." Hojung crossed her arms. "Yiren's brother is one of Kyulkyu's part timers and they are pretty close." Hojung caught that look from Kyulkyu as Hojung stood her ground with him.

"How old is this Yiren and where is her brother? Why do you two need to go?" Hongseok asked as her set down his drawing pen.

"Well she broke her leg and her brother is taking care of their sick mom, so we said that we would check on her." Hojung said as she grabbed Kyulkyu's bag as she pulled on her arm. "We have to go." Hojung looked at her 

'Great we all three can go." Hongseok started to get up as he helped Kyulkyu get up as Hojung pulled her away. 

"No, you aren't coming because I don't trust you. Kyulkyu here you take this call and tell Yiren that we will be right there and I"ll get deal with this." Hojung motioned to the door as the room froze again as she pushed Kyulkyu to the door as she unfroze the room. "Go on." Hojung said as Kyulkyu looked at Hojung's phone. Hojung turned to Hongseok. "Look here buddy. Kyulkyu's is not someone you can one and done. You are just working together. Besides she's taken. So yeah, bye." Hojung lied as she walked out of the room as she shut the office door. She looked at Kyulkyu as the office door opened back up. 

"I'll will text you the work schedule." Hongseok said 

"Yep, you do that." Hojung answered as she pushed Kyulkyu along. She pushed the elevator door as Kyulkyu handed her phone back to her. "Granted he's attractive but you can hook up with your boss. No matter the reward so I set him straight." Hojung nodded 

"Why would I do that? I don't even like him! What did you say?!" Kyulkyu smacked her arms. 

"I said you were taken. What is wrong with that? Besides if I wasn't there you would be downing soju with a blurry screen then doing a walk of shame." Hojung looked at her. "You were alway thet worst with guy even worse than me!" Hojung said 

"Yeah, worse than you. At least I know the basic of concept of how dating works unlike someone that i know then turned their freidns to freaks of nature." Kyulkyu fired back as she looked at Hojung. 

"You're seriously throwing that back in my face?" Hojung slammed the button to have the elevator stop. "I was just trying to save you the torture I went through with Jaehwan! That guy up there just wants one thing from you - and I care about you! I am not going to let that happen!" Hojung snapped at her 

"I am old enough to look out for myself. I don't need you all protecting me all the time. I am not even the youngest!" Kyulkyu went for the button as Hojung got the way. 

"You've always acted like it so we just took you under our wing. You just have that personality." Hojung didn't moved as Kyulkyu pushed her out of the way just reaching for the buttton. "We are not done talking, you always run from problems! Lets get this over with it! I don't want to fight with you over the same !" Hojung threw her hand up as the buttons cracked and sparked as she sighed. "I am sorry." She stared at Kyulkyu "I know you, Kyulkyu. We are the same beside what the others know with how we deal with love. We torture ourselves, please just trust me." Hojung looked at her 

"I am not like that anymore." Kyulkyu whispered 

"Oh yeah, please. None of us have changed much from highschool. Everytime in school especially with sunbae-" Hojung said 

"You promised. We need to call someone to get us out." Kyulkyu said "And I am sorry. I shouldn't have brought that up." She added 

"It is okay. Lets just orb." Hojung took her hand. "I would never tell anyone." She added as they orbed out into an alley way. "Now lets head to her apartment." She looked at her phone just typing in the group chat that they were heading to the apartment now. She looked over to Kyulkyu as she grabbed her arm. "No street food, you piggy. We just have pizza." Hojung said 

"But it is tteobokki, spicybuddy. Plus I need to make it up to you. They even have the spicy fish cakes on a stick." Kyulkyu looked at Hojung looked back as her as she only nodded. 

"Just a few can't hurt." Hojung said as they walked up to the stall. "One order of tteobokki and four sticks of the spicy fish cakes!" Hojung said as she watched Kyulkyu hand over some money as they waited for their order as Hojung took it just walking with Kyulkyu as they ate. "So worth it." Hojung ate a bite of the fish cake.When they finished the rice cakes and fish cakes, Hojung tossed the trash as they were at the apartment building. They walked in just casually walking to the elevators as they stepped on the elevators Hojung felt Kyulkyu hit her arm. "What was that for?" She asked as the elevator doors closed. 

"Those two were the ones that broken into Yun's apartment." Kyulkyu said as she grabbed Hojung's hands just orbing them as they stumbled a little bit as they landed in Sora's sister's apartment. Kyulkyu looked around as she looked at Hojung on the . "Oh sorry, I let got too early." She pulled her up as Hojung glared at her. "Yerin?" Kyulkyu called out "Your sister send us." Kyulkyu said as she walked over some over turned furtine. "You should call the police." Kyulkyu said as she looked at the front door. "It was forced open." She added as she heard foot steps as a girl came walking up. 

"My sister really sent you too?" The girl asked as she held up her hands as they were glowing. 

"Yes, yes! here, I'll call her. Hold on to the police." Kyulkyu said as she called Jun. "Put Sora on the phone." She said as she handed it to the other girl who let her hands fall from glowing to normal as she took it. 

"Sora, are you alright?" Yerin asked 

"Yes, that is Kyulkyu and Hojung. They can help you." Sora said as she spoke "Trust them." She added 

"Okay, I will." Yerin hung up as she handed her back her phone. "I am sorry about almost attacking you. I will call the police and you two were here with me when they broke in. We hid in my bathroom." Yerin said as Kyulkyu and Hojung nodded. Yerin called the police as they waited just hearing a couple new voices aboutu thirty minutes later. 

"Miss Yoo?" A male voice said called out. "We are coming in." He added. 

"Yes, please do. Becareful they kicked the door in." Yerin had helped the other two girls stage the scene by putting out some drinks and snacks with an over turned board game. "We were having a girl's night." She said 

"Are you alright? I am officer Seo Kangjoon (5surprise) and this is my partner, Son Hyunwoo (Monsta X). By the way you described what happened, you three are lucky to be alive." Kangjoon eyes scanned the three girls as he stopped on Kyulkyu. "Jeon Kyulkyu?" He questioned 

"Sunbae." Kyulkyu blurted "I mean yes, that is my name." She corrected as Hojung looked at Kyulkyu. 

"And it is Hojung." He added as he shook his head. "What a small world. Well why don't you three come outside so we can talk. Officer Son is going to look around and take some pictures." Kangjoon walked them outside as he got each of their stories which were pretty much the same with a few details left out and added in. "Well I don't have any more questions. How are you two doing? I mean I haven't seen you two since I gradurated." He said 

"I am fine." Kyulkyu said "Just running my parents shop." She looked at him. 

Kangjoon nodded as Hojung ingored his question just standing there and looking at her phone. "There is a bus that leaves to Namwon at elevent. I'll give you both a ride to the station." He said 

"Actually we are uhm staying with Yerin tonight. We aren't leaving our friend alone after what happened." Hojung looked at him. "We don't want favors from you." Hojung said 

"At least you could do is give your sunbae your numbers." Kangjoon said "I bet Kyul's hasn't changed." He said 

"It hasn't. I mean you have them anyway becasue of your police report." Kyulkyu said as Hojung gave her another look. 

"Kangjoon, there isn't any thing of use. They didn't leave behind anything, just trashed the place." Hyunwoo walked out into the hall. 

"Okay, well then ladies. You are free to go back inside. This is my card, please call me if anything happens." Kangjoon handed it to Kyulkyu as he followed Hyunwoo down the hall to the elevator. 

"Give me that death trap." Hojung grabbed the card from Kyulkyu as she crumpled it up and threw it away. "So Yiren do you notice anything missing and how did you not make them find you?" Hojung asked as she started to help clean up as Kyulkyu did as well. 

"No nothing is missing. I moved everything to my bathroom and cloest. My bahthroom door has a magical lock on it and they must have recoginzed it." Yiren said as she looked at them. She helped Hojung and Kyulkyu flip the couch over as she sighed as she looked around. 

"We will help you clean up and stay here with you." Hojung said as she got a call from Ruiho. She answered as she sighed. "We foudn her but we had to call the police because the same people that broke into Dongyun's apartment broke into Yiren's. We are safe and no you don't need to come. We will be fine. Plus you can't believe who is a police officer." Hojung started as she was in the kitchen. 

"Alright that is good. We were starting to get really worried. Well you know how to reach us if you need extra fire power. Who did you run into?" Ruiho asked as he was stirring a potion that was brewing. 

"Kangjoon-sunbae. He was a year older than us." Hojung said as she had never told anyone what had happened that night. She knew would, but the others knew him since they all did go to school together. "He remebered us." She added as she was picking up some things that had fallen off of the counters. 

"Oh yeah, that jerk. Pretty sure he was only nice to us because we were friends with Kyulkyu. Or he just wanted free rice cakes." Ruiho said as he turned down the stove as he in Hojung's kitchen just making potions as the others were researching sites that they could have their bonfire at. "Okay well sounds like that you have things covered there. I'll check in in a few hours or whenever I get worried again." He hung up as he ketp working. 

Hojung sighed as she looked at the crumpled card in the trash as a couple broken peices of a cup was placed in it just sinking the paper down to the bottom. She half smiled to Kyulkyu as she looked at them. "It was just Ruiho checking in on us." Hojung said as she started to help clean up. They got most of the apartment cleaned up as Hojung ordered them some food as Yiren and Kyulkyu were bringing her witch items back to where she usually kept them. Hojung got their chicken as she locked the door back as she wakled into the living room just setting out their chicken as she called to the other two girls to come and eat. She watched them come sit down and start to eat. In the middle of them eatting there was knock at the door as both Kyulkyu and Hojung got up just cleaning their hands off as they walked to door. Hojung watched as Kyulkyu peeped through peep hole as it was only Ruiho and Dongyun. Hojung opened up the door as she let them in. "What are you two doing here?" She asked as she glared at the pair. 

"We found where the bonfire is going to be tonight and we need you two. Yiren and Sora will be safe in the crystal cafe that Wootak and Yeseul made. Gather up your stuff and oh my gosh did you order chicken - really piggy?" Ruiho lokoed at Hojung as he gave her a look. 

"Oh my gosh, it is Euiho. You are a witch?" Yerin blurted as Ruiho sighed and Hojung crossed har arms. 

"I am just Ruiho, a jobless loser who failed as a artist so please do not say anything. I am here to save you so can we start hurrying." Ruiho said as he looked ato Hojung's annoyed face. 

"Great another fangirl to wisk along. It isn't bad enough half the time we have to keep you disguised when we work to avoid mobs." Hojung looked at him as he shook his head.

"Are you jealous, hoe?" Ruiho asked as she jabbed him in the ribs.

"Do not call me that, manhoe." Hojung snapped as she started to clean up the chicken wiht Kyulkyu as Yiren was gathering up some supplies. "Kyulkyu why don't you go help Yiren." Hojung said as she watched Kyulkyu walk off in that direction. "OKay, be straight with me no ing around Rui. Seo Kangjoon - what do you know about him?" Hojung asked 

"You mean sunbae?" Dongyun asked "The guy that took Kyul's confession back in our early days of school?" Dongyun asked "By the way, why is it that you only know the end of that relationship?" He added 

"Just spill your guts. Your dad should know something about him or you can find out how or why he is a cop not in our hometown." Hojung said as she lokoed at him. 

"Rookies gets sent whereever the academy sends them to. Namwon police is pretty small so they won't send their best and brightest there so he probably did really well in academy then for station somewhere good and crime filled like Seoul not that this place is crime filled but you know." Ruiho said as he looked at her "Will you calm down. It happened in the past, whatever did happen. We need to focus on Sora and Yiren and whatever other inncoent girls that those people have taken." Ruiho said as he watched Kyulkyu and Yiren walk up as Yiren had a backpack on her shoulders. "Alright awesome, lets get going." Ruiho ushered them out as he watched Yiren lock up her apartment. "I borrowed Yeseul's car so we need to hurry." Ruiho added 

"Wow, you actually asking Yeseul for a favor. Look who is growing up." Kyulkyu looked at Ruiho. 

"No it was the only car. She had to let me take it." Ruiho replied "The girl is still a devil in sheeps clothing." He said as he unlocked Yeseul's car as they walked up to it. "Get in everybody, Hojung you sit up front with me and then you three get in the back." Ruiho got in teh driver's seat as he waited for them to get in the back as he watched each other put on their seat belt as they started to make their way back to Hojung grandma's house. 

Author's Note - Hi guys! I hope that you guys like this chapter. Oh I have created high school memories that shared between certain characters that the oners might know about but do not know the full details or story only those two or three involved know. So you would like to give me any ideas for your characters with another or two for memories in highschool then please feel free to do so! it will help with strengthing bonds beyond love interest as their friendships are important too!