Chapter 9

Imperfectly Perfect

 

Jihoon opened his eyes and oh , why was his head throbbing like there is no tomorrow? He covered his mouth with his hand to suppress the snacks he had last night from coming out.

Last night.

Heck, what happened last night?

All he could remember was the dinner then the game then the beer. Oh god, did I drink too much? Jihoon thought to himself.

Jihoon's eyes wandered around the room he was in. Looking for someone, where the heck is-

"JIHOONIIIIIIIIIIIIIE!" A pair of strong arms caged him in a tight hug and that's it. That's really it. Jihoon couldn't stopped himself and he vomited all over Seungcheol's chest.

The color on Seungcheol's face was drained and his mouth twisted in a silent scream. He stared at his chest and was about to faint because of pure horror when Jihoon spoke.

"Sorry Cheol." Jihoon bit his lower lip in embarassment and blushed in rich crimson. "Hangover."

"I know. Hangover ." Seungcheol just sighed, how could he be mad if the person who vomited all over him was as cute as the man in front of him? How?

Seungcheol stood and rushed inside his bathroom. Thank goodness he had his own bathroom or else he needs to run from his room to the bathroom at the farther side of the dorm.

After 30 minutes of scrubbing and soaping himself until his skin turned to red, Seungcheol reemerged from his bathroom. He loves Jihoon, alright. But the smell of it was killing him. He bathed himself with his perfume and wore fresh smelling clothes.

"Cheol, what happened last night?" Jihoon asked. Seungcheol gave Jihoon a glass of water and aspirin to lessen what Jihoon was feeling.

"You don't remember?" Seungcheol quirked his brow and smiled knowingly at the younger. Jihoon glared at him as if asking, 'would I ask you if I know what happened? Idiot.'

"Well. I asked you if-"

Seungcheol's phone started ringing and Jihoon cursed loudly, earning a laugh from Seungcheol.

"Hello?"

Seungcheol eyed Jihoon as he conversed casually on his phone. Jihoon couldn't help but feel intimidated at the way Seungcheol looks at him. Seungcheol's eyes twinkled as if he knew something that Jihoon doesn't know.

"Yeah. Yeah. I'll be right there."

Jihoon heard Seungcheol said as he ended the call. Jihoon glared at Seungcheol but regretted it as the nauseating feeling was back.

"I need to go Hoonie. Manager~nim said that the Aces will be having an interview." Seungcheol stated, his eyes softening as he watched Jihoon rubbed his temples with both his hands.

Jihoon wanted to ask a lot of questions like where will the interview be held, what time will the interview start, what time will it end, aside from the members and the manager of the Aces' who will be present, why will they have an interview out of nowhere and most specially, what the hell happened last night! But instead, Jihoon grudgingly put his thumb up because the hangover was killing him and he couldn't even talk.

Seungcheol sat beside Jihoon and caressed the younger's head. Jihoon leaning eagerly towards Seungcheol's touch.

"I'll be back in no time Hoonie. But for now please rest." Jihoon felt Seungcheol kissed his forehead. He closed his eyes as the medicine slowly works its way in his system.

"I'll be back soon."

--

Jihoon groggily opened his eyes, he's feeling a lot better now unlike the first time he woke that day. He eyed the clock hanging on the wall of Seungcheol's room and breathed a litany of soft curses as he realized that he'd been asleep for almost 10 hours now. It's already 10 in the evening. Jihoon sat, his back resting against the cold wall. He checked his phone and smiled to himself. There, displayed on his screen the number of times Seungcheol called him and the long list of text messages sent to him by the same man, checking if he's fine and if he wanted something that Seungcheol could buy along the way.

Jihoon was about to call Seungcheol back when his phone suddenly rang and the face of a pouting Seungkwan popped on the screen of his phone.

"Aish! That child! He took a selca on my phone and changed his contact picture again." Jihoon murmured to himself and answered the call in irritation.

"Hey Mr. Choi!" Seungkwan chirped.

"What do you want?"

"Woah. Someone is in a sour mood. So how's your hangover Mr. Choi?" Seungkwan grinned.

Jihoon removed the phone against his ear and stared at the screen. He put it back against his ear and asked, "Don't you realize that I am Jihoon? Stop calling me Mr. Choi. Besides, Seungcheol is not around, he's in an interview."

Seungkwan laughed and Jihoon swore that he's on the verge of throwing his phone against the wall just to stop Seungkwan's irritating laugh. Just by talking to Seungkwan made Jihoon's head ached even more.

"I know hyung! Chill!" Seungkwan cleared his throat. "Did the honeymoon go according to the plan?"

"What the hell are you talking about?" Jihoon's voice rose an octave higher. He felt like right now with his head throbbing and his body screaming for bath and certainly, Seungkwan's cryptic way of talking to him is not helping.

"Oh my god hyung! Don't tell me you don't remember what happened last night?" Seungkwan gasped dramatically and tsked on the other line.

Jihoon kept his mouth shut and massaged the bridge of his nose. Jihoon's been dying to know what happened last night, he felt like there was something important that he's missing, something that he really needed to remember. But he would not give Seungkwan the pleasure of knowing that he doesn't remember a thing. Never.

"Are you that drunk last night?" Seungkwan kept on talking on the other line. It finally took its toll on Jihoon whose eyes wandered around the room. Where does Seungcheol keep the medicine? Jihoon thought to himself. Jihoon was about to end the call when something caught Jihoon's attention.

"What did you say?" Jihoon held his phone tightly as if he was gripping for dear life.

"I said... Seungcheol~hyung and you got married last night... Don't you remember?"

Seungcheol~hyung and you got married last night.

SEUNGCHEOL~HYUNG AND YOU GOT MARRIED LAST NIGHT.

GOT MARRIED.

LAST NIGHT.

Jihoon froze and his phone landing squarely on his lap. He covered his mouth with his hands as his memory of last night flooded him.

"Will you marry me?"

"Yes! Yes! Yes! I will marry you, my handsome Seungcheol~ie! Let's go and get married this very moment!"

"Hyung? Jihoon~hyung? Hello? Are you okay?"

Oh.

.

What did you get yourself into Jihoon?