Chapter 10

Imperfectly Perfect

 

Seungcheol leaned nervously against the backrest of his chair. Although he had been in a lot of television interviews before, he just couldn't get the hang of it. Unlike radio podcasts where he would just sit and talk casually, when it came to live interviews he needed to be as formal as he should but should look as casual as he could. That's where the problem for Seungcheol arises, he's just plain awkward when it comes to live interviews.

"Hyung, you should relax." Wonwoo who was sitting next to him whispered. "Besides, this will be taped so no need to worry, okay?"

Seungcheol nodded his head. He fished out his phone from his pocket and looked at the time, it was already 9 in the evening and Jihoon wasn't replying yet to his messages. Seungcheol bit his lower lip and sent a new message for Jihoon, 'Baby, message me soon as you wake up. Do you want anything? Text me. I'll be home soon. I love you.'

Just by thinking that Jihoon would be in their house (though technically speaking, it was the Aces's dorm) waiting for him made Seungcheol's insides churn and had goosebumps gracing his fair skin because of anticipation. Jihoon was like a drug for Seungcheol, making him high but kept him grounded at the same time. Not to mention that Jihoon was already his husband.

"We will start in 5 minutes." The floor director said. The make up artists beelined towards the Aces and retouched their make up.

"S.Coups~shi, you look happy." The make up artist, who was used seeing Seungcheol pale and nervous before an interview starts, commented.

"I am." Seungcheol grinned, the dread of the interview long gone, replaced by excitement because of Jihoon.

"We will start in 2 minutes." The staffs scattered around the set and took their respected positions behind the camera. The host entered the set with his cue cards in hand. The Aces stood and bowed at the host.

"Good Evening Heechul~sunbaenim! Please take care of us." Heechul laughed softly and bowed towards the boys. "Please take care of me too."

The Aces together with Heechul sat as their lapels were being arranged by the staffs. Heechul had small talked with Mingyu and Wonwoo as the host congratulated their recent win in a music show.

"We will start now." The director shouted and the set became eerily quiet.

"Lights. Camera. Action!"

"Good evening Korea! Welcome to another edition of 'Korea Insider'! I am your host, Heechul~imnida!" Heechul clapped gently. "Tonight, we are very lucky to have one of South Korea's biggest selling boygroup today. They are well-known all over the world with their bad boy charisma and charm and their very unique style in music. They are proving that they deserved their name. They aced at talent, they aced at visuals and they definitely aced the way to everybody's heart. Please welcome, the hiphop gods, the Aces!"

The camera zoomed in to the Aces and Seungcheol's heart beated twice as fast than it should. He cleared his throat and started the greeting.

"Hana, deul, set! We aaaaaaaaaare A C E S (에이세스)!" The Aces greeted in unison.

"Annyeonghaseyo! Che iremeun S.Coups~imnida. The leader of Aces." Seungcheol bowed towards the camera and handed Wonwoo the lapel he was holding.

"Annyeonghaseyo! Che ireumeun Wonwoo~imnida."

"Annyeonghaseyo! Che iremeun Mingyu~imnida"

"Annyeonghaseyo! Che ireumeun Vernon~imnida. I am the maknae of the group. Please take care of us."

The camera zoomed out and the five men were seen in the same frame.

"The Aces made a comeback with your title track, Trauma. Can you please tell us what the song Check in is about?"

Vernon gave Seungcheol the lapel and for split second Seungcheol thought that it looked like a snake ready to bite him. Wonwoo noticed it and looked at Seungcheol reassuringly.

"Ne. Trauma is about how. . ."

Seungcheol continued to talk about the song and the album itself. He often let the other member share their thoughts about their comeback. The host jokingly asked if they have any inspiration when composing and producing such fine pieces of songs. The Aces just chuckled good-naturedly saying that their fans, which they called A+ was of course their inspiration.

"I observed that S.Coups is smiling more often and is blooming. You look in love." Heechul stated. Seungcheol laughed and waved his hand in dismissal of the thought. Although he would love to tell the viewers and shout to the whole wide world that he's very in love with a Busan man named Lee Jihoon, he couldn't. Not now, but soon. He would do it because Jihoon deserved that kind of love. Love which was not hidden and not in secret. The kind of love that everbody needed to know.

"Woozi~shi is also a producer of your album. He's been one of the most in demand collaborator these days but he's still a mystery to some of us."

Seungcheol grinned and Heechul noticed it and threw a taunting question to the leader of the Aces. "Can you tell us something about Woozi?"

"Woozi is a very talented singer, composer and producer. No wonder many idols and artists want to collaborate with him since all the songs he produces is of very high quality. Woozi is kind of a perfectionist and he doesn't stop working unless all the melodies fit the song. He might look like a cold guy but the truth is, he's very caring and very kind." Seungcheol exhaled quite sharply after the very short, mark the sarcasm there, speech about Woozi. Heechul smiled knowingly towards Seungcheol.

"It looks like S.Coups~shi and Woozi~shi are very close to each other."

Seungcheol's face heated and he felt the tip of his ears reddened at the remark.

"Everyone of us is close to Woozi~hyung so each of us feels the same towards our producer~hyung." Mingyu said, trying to divert the attention of the curious host. But Heechul kept his gaze at Seungcheol who was sitting uncomfortably on his seat.

"And what do you feel towards Woozi~shi?" Heechul eyed Seungcheol and the latter answered truthfully with a lovely smile on his lips, "Love."

"We all love Woozi~hyung!" Vernon exclaimed causing Heechul to look at him then nodded his head for affirmation. Heechul scanned the next lines on his cue cards, with a playful tone as if he got all he wanted, he stated, "S.Coups~shi loves Woozi~shi."

Seungcheol narrowed his eyes. Thankfully, the camera didn't catch it. Heechul stared at the camera and continued the interview without any interruptions or any extra comments. The interview ended at around 10 in the evening.

"Thank you for taking care of us Heechul~sunbaenim!" The Aces stood and bowed at Heechul who was still sitting. Heechul smiled back and looked at Seungcheol earnestly.

"S.Coups~shi, I know Woozi~shi is a very important person to you. I hope you two find your happiness in this chaotic world of ours. Having that kind of love in our line of work is quite burdensome but don't give up and keep your love for each other burning. I'm wishing for your happiness and I'm always both at your back. Send my regards to Woozi~shi."

Seungcheol was taken aback at the sudden advise but soon bowed 90° towards Heechul. "I will keep that advise sunbaenim. Thank you very much!"

Heechul excused himself and left the set. Wonwoo who was quiet throughout the interview put a hand on top of Seungcheol's shoulder.

"Hyung, I know you're happy and I'm truly happy for you and Jihoon. But please keep in mind the things that you'll say and act in front of the camera. We do not know how the viewers and the fans translate the things we are doing. I hope you are getting what I mean hyung." Wonwoo sighed and Seungcheol gave him a half smile.

"I know. I'm sorry."

"Oh come on hyung! I'm not reprimanding you, I'm just reminding you. But really hyung, congratulations to your wedding!" Wonwoo who's not smiling most of the time and was allergic to skinship gave him a warm smile and a tight hug.

"Uh.. T-thanks?" Seungcheol awkwardly tapped the back of Wonwoo.

"What's with all the hugging?" Mingyu lifted a brow towards the hugging pair. When Seungcheol was about to answer, his phone rang. Seungcheol's eyes squinted as he saw a picture of Seungkwan doing a duck face popped on his phone screen.

"Hello?" Seungcheol cleared his throat.

"Hyung? Seungcheol~Hyung? We have a problem." Seungkwan's voice was filled with worry.

"What's the matter? Did something happen?" Seungcheol's face turned serious as he signalled the three boys around him to keep quiet.

"I don't know if something happen but, Jihoon~hyung. . ."

--

Seungcheol didn't even care to take his shoes off as he ran towards his room.

"Jihoon? Baby? Jihoon~ie?" Seungcheol called out. He could hear the muffled sobbing coming from his room. Seungcheol burst to his room's door like he was some kind of action star who would rescue his leading lady from the kidnappers.

There.

Inside Seungcheol's room, sitting at the edge of his bed was Jihoon, crying his heart out.

 

 

++++

 

 

A/N

Guys! Can you recommend some good Kpop, Japanese or English songs?

Songs are really big help when it comes to my writing. ^////^

Thank you chingus! :)))