Chapter 6

Imperfectly Perfect

"Woah. Look who"s glowing." Mingyu cheekily elbowed Seungcheol who was grinning from ear to ear. He came back from Busan yesterday with a whining Jihoon towed behind. "So how's your honeymoon?" Wonwoo who was seated on the sofa with a magazine on hand, asked.

"What honeymoon?" Seungcheol who felt like his jaw was already aching because of too much smiling, rubbed the back of his neck.

Jihoon and him had a wonderful time in Busan. They went to the special places that were very dear to Jihoon. Seungcheol had met all of (almost!) Jihoon's families and relatives and some of those people who never left Jihoon behind and was always their to be a friend for the younger.

"Ya know." Wonwoo smirked and was met by a flying pillow hitting him square on the face. Vernon who just entered their dorm saw it and was laughing uncontrollably. "There's no honeymoon that happened. Besides, I wanted to wait until marriage." Seungcheol said thoughtfully, leaving the three other occupants of the room gaping at his statement. Seungcheol glared at them.

"So... you..." Mingyu trailed off, his hands making weird gestures. Seungcheol nodded his head and smirked at how Mingyu's mouth was continuosly opening and closing like a fish out of water. "Coups~hyung! I salute you!" Vernon stood and saluted at Seungcheol who just shook his head. "These kids nowadays" Seungcheol sighed.

"Intimacy in a relationship is very much needed and I am not against that. Jihoon and I sometimes gets intimate..." Seungcheol tried to do a more convincing job in hiding the hint of doubt in his voice. Mingyu, Wonwoo and Vernon shot him a knowing look.

"Ok! Ok! I admit! Jihoon is not the cuddly type and most of the time I bribed him to cuddle with me even for just a short period of time..." The other men hummed in agreement. Seungcheol cleared his throat, mustering the fatherly tone he had a few moments ago.

"If you really love someone, respect them. Respect their choices and respect their preferences. When you respected each other and were able to meet halfway, then it's meant to be."

--

"What are you reading?" Seungcheol toweled his wet hair. He sat beside Jihoon who was lying flat on his stomach on his own bed. They were at Jihoon's place because according to Seungcheol, "The promotions for our comeback is killing me. I need some healing. And you are my healing, Hoonie." Despite Jihoon's rants and talks about the importance of the Aces staying together while having their comeback, Seungcheol was able to win over Jihoon and was granted an all express pass to the younger's home.

This was Seungcheol's home. Jihoon was Seungcheol's home.

"Nothin'. Just random non-sense." Jihoon half-heartedly threw his phone against the soft mattress and headed towards the bathroom to pee. Seungcheol picked up Jihoon's phone and stared at the screen. His eyes squinted and his head spun.

There, blinking at him, the top trending news for the day. There was a low quality photo of him, seating inside a room with a very bad lighting, and there was a girl snapped whispering in his ear. Seungcheol's mind replayed all the things that happened to him and all the people he had met, putting a place and a face to these picture but he came up blank. He read the article underneath it.

The Aces' Leader S.Coups is rumoured to be dating one of Korea's beautiful models, Kim Hwiseo. The two were spotted at an after party of a runway show that was headlined by the said model. According to some insider, the two were seated closely the whole night and was laughing and having a good time. Kim Hwiseo was caught whispering to the Aces' leader's ear sweetly. Is the beautiful Kim Hwiseo the reason for S.Coups smiles? Nonetheless, these two look good together. A beautiful couple indeed.

At the end of the article, there was a badly edited picture of him and the girl, they made it to look like that the girl was leaning at him while he rested his cheek against the girl's head. It made Seungcheol's blood boil. He now remembered the picture as clear as a day. And it was far from what that gossip site posted.

True, he was at an after party of a runway show but he didn't come alone, Wonwoo, Mingyu and Vernon were also there because they've been invited to perform at the said party.

True, he was seated all night beside that female model... what was her name again? Oh. The truth was, he didn't quite catch it because he was busy thinking about Jihoon and how long would it take him to get home to Jihoon. But they didn't sit closely at each other, when that picture was taken, it was when the waiter made a way for himself because he didn't have enough space to move, so the model moved closer to Seungcheol to let the waiter pass.

True, the model had whispered something to him, but not in a sweet way but more because of secrecy. She have a girlfriend for pete's sake! And that was what she whispered to him. Seungcheol also shared that he have a boyfriend himself and that made them laugh. Who would have thought, they said to each other.

True, he was laughing and having a good time with the model but because they were talking about their respected partners. Sharing the hardships of being in a secret relationship and some funny things about their partners. He was talking about Jihoon, that's the reason why he was so alive and so happy that night.

A beautiful couple, huh? Nah. We're both out of each other's league, Seungcheol thought.

Could he sue the site for releasing a fake news?

Seungcheol who was busy thinking of ways on how he could drag the site down was woken by Jihoon who cleared his throat and leaned against the door's frame. He cocked his head towards Seungcheol and lifted an eyebrow, "Cheol. I could see from here the crack you made on my phone just by simply holding it. Yeah. Holding it a LITTLE tightly."

Seungcheol stared at Jihoon, trying to read the younger's expression. Was he mad? Angry? Disappointed? Jealous maybe?

"Are you jealous?" Seungcheol suddenly blurted, Jihoon's brows knitted in confusion. Then it dawned on him. Seungcheol was holding his phone and reading something when he came out of the bathroom. The site. The gossip. And by the look that Seungcheol was giving him now, a cross between a wounded puppy and a scared cat, Jihoon understood where that question came.

"Why would I?" Jihoon shrugged, walking towards Seungcheol, getting the phone from Seungcheol's hand. "Look, that isn't tr-" Before Seungcheol could finish his sentence, Jihoon had covered his mouth and looked at him in amusement. It was now Seungcheol's turned to knit his brows in confusion.

Jihoon shook his head, removing his hand that was on Seungcheol's mouth. Jihoon pressed his forehead against Seungcheol's. "I know that article isn't true. Maybe part of it was, but the general theme which was, you, having a girlfriend wasn't true. I believe in you Cheol. I believe in us. You don't have to worry about what I might think because I am just thinking of one thing everytime. I am always thinking about how you love me so much and how you care for me. And that I am your only one. I trust you."

Seungcheol tilted his head and kissed Jihoon's lips softly, the younger automatically closed his eyes as he felt Seungcheol's warmth all over him.

"I'm so lucky to have you Jihoonie." Seungcheol whispered, leaning and kissing Jihoon once more. "Yeah, you're so lucky." Jihoon deadpanned, smiling against Seungcheol's lips.

Seungcheol hugged Jihoon and slowly led him to the younger's bed. When they were laying on the bed, Seungcheol hugged Jihoon from behind and rested his chin on the smaller's shoulder. "So, are you jealous?" Seungcheol's voice was playful.

Jihoon smirked, rolling his eyes. "I wasn't." Seungcheol huffed and hugged Jihoon tighter. "Am I not that handsome Hoonie? Why aren't you jealous? Am I too average looking that you are too sure that other people won't look at me twice? Am I ugly?"

"Oh my god!!" Jihoon laughed, his whole body vibrating. "You're the most handsomest Cheolie." Jihoon tried to sound reassuring but it came out more in a frivolous way.

"Besides, I'm not the jealous type."

--

Seungcheol could feel the blood pumping in his veins. The circulation and the continuous flowing of it in a heated matter. He's on the verge of pushing that recording room door opened and pulling Jihoon out of it. Jihoon looked at him for a moment then continued his conversation with Kanto, his senior who was doing a song with him.

"I think S.Coups is mad." Kanto stated, he turned his mic off and done the same with Jihoon's. His hand slightly brushing against Jihoon's hands. "And I don't know why." Jihoon sighed, Kanto put his hand against Jihoon's shoulder and slightly squeezed it.

"I think he's jealous." Jihoon's face turned red and was about to retort but couldn't do so. He was tongue tied for the first time in his life. He felt a mixture of horror, shocked and awe. Where did that come from? Were they that obvious? But they try to keep it on the low.

There was a buzzing sound coming off the speakers and the voice of the producer was heard, "We'll continue the recording in three minutes." The microphones were . Kanto put his hand at the small of Jihoon's back and leaned, seemingly preparing to kiss Jihoon.

That was all it took for Seungcheol to stormed inside the recording studio and pulled Jihoon away. "Cheol!" Jihoon gasped, but Seungcheol ignored him. Jihoon didn't have a choice as he was being forced to go out of the room. Jihoon bowed his apologies towards Kanto who just laughed and told him while he was being dragged by Seungcheol to continue the recording the next day. Jihoon murmured his apologies.

The two of them were already at the hallway but Seungcheol just kept on tugging him. Jihoon tried to escaped Seungcheol's gripped but wasn't able.

"Ajdheuehd skinship..."

"What?!"

One thing that Jihoon noticed about Seungcheol was, whenever the older was upset, he produces these incoherent words. Jihoon felt a fluttering twist in his stomach. The older was upset because of something about skinship and Jihoon ain't genius but he knew too well why he was being hauled by an incoherent Seungcheol.

"I hate that guy." Jihoon heard Seungcheol whispered as they neared the exit.

Another thing that he discovered about Seungcheol was Seungcheol was definitely the jealous type.