Chapter 1

Imperfectly Perfect

"Is it true that the Aces' leader is now dating someone?"

Seungcheol laughed coolly at the question, adjusting the microphone in front of him.

"I'm happy." he said grinning. If only the listeners can see Seungcheol's face, no doubt, they would think that the leader of the Aces was very much head over heels. The radio hosts whistling through their own microphones.

"He didn't confirm nor denied it. What do you think partner?" one of the hosts asked.

"I think. . ." the questioned host paused, staring at Seungcheol who was looking back at him, waiting for his opinion too.

"I think he's happy. Right S.Coups?" the host laughed. Seungcheol nodded in agreement as the listeners hear Seungcheol's laughter in the background.

"So what makes you happy S.Coups? Who makes you happy?" the host taunted. Seungcheol cleared his throat.

"I'm happy that the Aces are doing fine and I'm very excited because one of these days we will be releasing our first full length album. And the fans make me happy of course!" Seungcheol smiled though careful not to give too much information about their first full length album and about the real reason of his happiness.

"Oh. Speaking of, you released one of the songs in your first full length album right?" 

"Yes. It is like a teaser of the album itself. We decided to release it prior to our comeback so that the fans can anticipate and it is also a gift for them since we had a hiatus for almost five months because of the making of the album." Seungcheol said.

"The song sky-rocketed to #1 soon as you released it." the host said, earning cheers from the other occupant of the room. Seungcheol murmured his thanks.

"The song's title was Guilty. Can you talk about the song? We heard that you self-composed it?"

"The song is about a guy who was feeling guilty because he thinks that he's the reason why his relationship with his partner is fading away. It was actually Woozi who composed it, I just gave some suggestions." Seungcheol's eyes sparkled soon as he said the name Woozi. One of the hosts noticed it and gave Seungcheol a knowing smile.

"Woozi? The one who was featuring in your song?" he asked.

"Yes." Seungcheol answered.

"So can you tell us about Woozi? I think it's my first time to hear about him. An up and coming singer maybe?"

"Yes. A very talented guy, one of the few people I know who can produce music for only 15 minutes. Not to mention, the quality of the songs he produces are beyond good." Seungcheol gushed excitedly, the hosts laughed as they watched Seungcheol sheepishly scratched the back of his head.

"The way S.Coups gushes about Woozi the more I want to know him. When will we be seeing him?" the host asked, preparing the talked about song so that it could be played later during the break.

"Woozi is a very private person and he's actually very shy. So I don't really know when exactly we got to see him live but I'm sure it won't take long for Woozi to come out and perform because he is very good at it." Seungcheol said proudly, remembering how Woozi wowed every soul inside the recording studio when they recorded Guilty.

"We're looking forward on seeing and hearing you live Woozi. We're excited on seeing both S.Coups and you perform together." the host said, smiling at Seungcheol, Seungcheol smiled back.

"Partner we've reached the end of our one on one interview with the Aces' S.Coups."

"It is such a pity." the hosts whined noisily, showing the disappointment and sadness in their voices.

"On a happy note, any message for your fans?"

"Thank you so much for waiting guys and we hope you'll like the album we prepared for you. Please show it a lot of love. Kamsahamnida." Seungcheol bowed slightly even though the listeners couldn't see it. The hosts and the other people inside clapped as they bid Seungcheol goodbye on air.

"This is the #1 song for today, Guilty by Aces' S.Coups featuring Woozi." the hosts said as he played the song.

Seungcheol turned his microphone off as he stood up. He faced the hosts and bowed to them, the hosts reciprocating the action.

"Good luck with your new album S.Coups." the hosts announced as Seungcheol bid his farewell.

 

--

"Woozi?"

"Wooziiiiii?"

"Uri Jihooniiiiiiiie?"

"WHAT?! I told you, do not call me that!" Jihoon shouted, throwing Seungcheol his pillow.

"Why? It’s very cute though." Seungcheol teased, lying next to Jihoon who was covered by Seungcheol's blanket from head to toe.

"No! Stop it! I don't like that nickname!" Jihoon muttered against the blanket.

"I should call Jeonghan then and tell him that our Jihoonie here doesn't like the stage name he was given." Seungcheol said, reaching for his phone that was on top of the bedside table.

"No!" Jihoon slapped Seungcheol's hand away as he stared at the older horrified.

"Chill love. I will not do that." Seungcheol laughed as he watched Jihoon bit his nail nervously. Seungcheol hugged Jihoon, completely loving the height difference, allowing him to rest his chin on top of Jihoon's head.

"Hoonie, you did it."

"Did what?" Jihoon's eyebrows knitted as he snuggled closer to Seungcheol.

"Your song. It's a success. You did it Jihoon. The people love your song." Seungcheol chuckled as he closed his eyes.

"Come on, we both know that the only reason why the song was a success is because of you, S.Coups. If you didn't sing that song it will definitely go unnoticed." Jihoon looked up and was met by Seungcheol's handsome sleeping face.

"You slept on me again." Jihoon cupped Seungcheol's face as he brushed his fingers on the other man's beautiful features. That cheekbone that is so prominent, that pointed nose, that long and thick eyelashes, that jaw that gives Seungcheol a very masculine aura and that lips. That full and luscious lips of Seungcheol that makes Jihoon want to kiss it every day, every hour, every minute, every second, every time.

Jihoon bit his own lips as he traced Seungcheol's lips. Memorizing every curve and its shape, how soft it is. Jihoon slowly leaned in, planting a soft kiss on Seungcheol's lips. Jihoon smiled and arranged the strand of hair that was poking Seungcheol's eye. Jihoon kissed Seungcheol for the second time but this time it was longer.

"You know I'm not asleep right?" Seungcheol said, opening his eyes, smiling against Jihoon's lips.

"I know." Jihoon grinned, stealing a quick kiss on Seungcheol's lips. Jihoon rested his head on Seungcheol's chest, the older hugging him tightly. Jihoon closed his eyes, listening to Seungcheol's heartbeat. He could feel that he will have a very good sleep tonight.

"Woozi?"

Jihoon was about to talk back but decided not to since it will definitely ruin the mood.

"What?"

"I love you."

Jihoon slightly tapped Seungcheol's chest as he smiled from ear to ear. Thank goodness Seungcheol couldn't see how red his face was because his face was turned away from the older.

"I love you too."

It came out naturally to Jihoon's surprise. Seungcheol hugged him tighter. Jihoon can hear and feel the sudden change from the regular beating to the staccato beat that Seungcheol's heart was doing, and Jihoon liked it. It only meant that he could make Seungcheol's heart beating fast.

"Now sleep my Jihoon because tomorrow will be a big day." Jihoon could've been really curious about the 'big day' if he hasn't fallen asleep a minute ago.