Just a dream

Peace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun ran through a forest, hitting rocks, bushes and tree branches all the way which he was sure would leave cuts and bruises all over his body. But he never stopped to examine the damage. If anything, he increased his speed. 

He could hear the voices behind him. No no no! This is not happening! I'd rather die before getting caught. He thought putting last of his energy into his legs to speed up. 

The voices become closer and instinctively, he looked behind. Nobody's there. He sighed in relief. But a second before he turn his head back, he hit something hard. That turn out to be a broad chest of someone, and a pair of strong hands wrapped around him tight. 

Woohyun struggled to get out of the iron grip holding him in place. But his struggles died the moment the stranger began to draw soothing cycles on his back, and he completely relaxed. 

He was overwhelmed by a strange feeling of happiness and he felt safe. Closing his eyes, he stayed like that to savor the moment. That instant, he even forgot about the danger he was in. 

But that didn't last long. One moment, that person was holding him tight and the other, the guy was right in front of him. He heard gunfire and the guy who stood in front of him dropped onto the ground. It all happened so quickly, he couldn't even blink. Looking at the back of the dying stranger who gave his life to save him, his breath caught and he felt like his heart broken into pieces. He knelt beside him and cried his heart out wishing he could die too. 

Something hard hit his back and he opened his eyes to see what it was. But all he could see was a white ceiling. He blinked couple of times. And realized it was just a dream and that he had fallen from his bed. 

It was just a dream. He got up from the floor and dusted himself, rubbed his hand over the back of his head where it hit so hard on the floor and sat back on the bed. 

The dream felt so real and he knew he had actually cried. He had never felt about a dream like that before. It was full of emotions. He wished he had seen the face of that person who could make him feel so much different emotions in couple of minutes. But no! He remembers everything but the face of that person. Even his dreams are pathetic. He sighed and got up from the bed.

Blinking couple of times he looked around the room that he was in. It was all he could find after reaching this town yesterday. The room was small, shabby and dust covered the most of it. His eyes welled with tears. 

It took just a one day for all his life to change. It was not like he was happy before. But still he had a nice place to live in, he was safe and more than any of that he was not alone. Now, he has nothing. 

After traveling here and there for two days, he reached this small town. He was too tired to travel anymore and was quite sure that he had put more than a safe distance between him and his hometown. So he decided to settle down. 

Looking around, he found this place and rented it. It didn't look like that from the outside, but it had one room kitchen and a bathroom. The house had some furniture left by its last owners. And by the looks of it, it has to be long before he had born. But the owner assured Woohyun that he repaired the house recently. 

The first thing after getting out of the bed, from the old fashioned phone on the night stand, he tried calling his mother. He almost expected that phone to be broken but strangely it worked. But his mother didn't answer. Her phone was switched off as well as his father's. He tried once, twice, thrice and nothing. He didn't know what to think anymore. 

Yesterday, he thought that their batteries must be dead. He kept on thinking that to stop himself from going crazy. But it can't be the case now. Dispute what his mind says, he tried their numbers numerous times. Yet nothing changed. How come they be that careless when he was in such a life threatening situation? 

Slowly, the reality sinks in. The people he trusted most in his life had abounded him. He had no one. He had no way of knowing anything. He desperately wanted to know what's going on with him. But now, he will never know. He felt lost.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter