The human

Peace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He was tried from all of what happened. But he can't blame his brother for anything. It was entirely his mother's fault. But then again, he wonder why his brother never uses that thing inside of his head which is called brain. Why can't they just stop being stupid? It's not like he could abandon them. They are his family. He sighed. Like always, he's being crushed between the two of them. And whenever they do something stupid, he's the one to pay the price. 

He could hear them argue. But he wants no part in it. And if he stays there for another second, he doesn't know what will happen. He's staying silent doesn't mean there's no limit to his patience. So he grabbed his car keys and headed out of the house.

He wanted some peace of mind. That's why he decided to go to his father's place. He parked his car at his uncle's house and walked towards the dinner. Walking always helped him clear his head. He was walking through the familiar alleys when he came across an old friend, Jonghyun. 

Like all of his other friends, Jonghyun too seems to be awkward talking with him. What's wrong with everyone? They all look at me like I came back from dead. It happened since last month, after he was appointed as the new alpha of their pack by the council. He has no idea as to why they act like that. But he didn't voice his displease. He just smiled with Jonghyun and told him to meet again some other time as he was heading to the dinner. It's the one place where no one judges him. 

He could see his uncle busy with a customer. He waved at him and headed upstairs. This place is full of memories and those memories are the only thing that kept him sane with all of what's going on around him. 

As he climbed the stairs he remembered how he used to play hide and seek with his father. The staircase at the left side of the dinner can't be seen from the outside. So as a kid he thought that's the best spot to hide. And his father couldn't find him whenever he hides there. 

Back then he didn't know that his father could smell him from a mile away. Back then he didn't know, no matter how hard you try, you cannot hide from who you are. Sometimes, it's better to be blind to some things, that way you have less things to worry. He wished he could go back to that time where he was happy in his own little world. 

He needs to talk with his uncle about what happened. His uncle is the only one in his family that he could expect a rational answer. 

As he waited for his uncle, he looked outside from the balcony and concentrated on people going in and coming out from the dinner. Though he doesn't have any idea of what's going on in their lives, most of them seem to be happy and content. Why can't he be one of them? Why can't he live at least one day without worrying about anything? At this point, he would do anything to have a peace of mind even for a few minutes. That’s when a boy standing just outside the dinner caught his attention. He kept on looking at the boy for a while, but the boy wasn't moving. Why isn't he coming in? Why does he look like he had seen a ghost?

The boy looked so lost and shaken. Looking at the boy, he felt like even a one wrong move could break him into pieces. There are times that he feels just as lost. But unlike the boy down there, he doesn't let anyone see any of his weaknesses. He always hides his feelings behind a smile. And whenever he does that, he feels strong. 

He sighed and looked down again. The boy is still there wearing the same expression. If he's not going to come in, why is he still there?

All of a sudden the boy turned to go back. He almost called the boy but his uncle beat him up to it. Seemed like his uncle also have been observing. 

"Are you here for the job interview?" He was surprised by his uncle's question. What interview? Do we have any job to offer? He didn't know that they had a vacant spot. Or maybe his uncle is in need of more help. Either way he was happy that his uncle offered the job. He was curious of what will be the boy's answer. He didn't expect a direct yes. But when the boy said yes he was relieved. That's good. He knew that people tend to make stupid decisions when they were desperate. At times like that, all they need is a little something to hang on. Like how he hang on to this place and the happy memories of it. 

Finally when the boy left the dinner, he was sure he had seen a small smile on the boy's face. He felt like it suits him well. And he kept on looking at the boy until he disappeared from his sight. 

"Sunggyu-yah" He turned to see his uncle holding a coffee. Sunggyu took the cup and sat on the couch. 
"What bought you here? Nowadays it's difficult to even see your face

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter