The gift

Peace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunggyu kept frowning at the stupid smirk on his uncle's face. It was only few minutes passed since he came back to the diner. But his uncle managed to ask about hundred questions within that short period of time. Not surprising though. Considering that he heard most of their conversation, he kind of expected that.

"I don't know the answer for half of what you asked. Yet. But...yeah he is kind, innocent, cute and a little bit naive too." Sunggyu said recalling their conversation which automatically bought a smile to his face. When Woohyun said they are equal in a cute way, he had to fight with all of his might to stay away from squishing his cheeks.

"I haven't seen that genuine smile on your face since you were a kid. Good to see it back. By the way, did he like the food I sent?"

Back then at Woohyun's house, as they were talking, a loud rumbling of woohyun's stomach reminded him that they haven't eaten anything for the day. So he ordered some food and ate with Woohyun while having a friendly conversation over each other's favourite foods.

After the meal, Sunggyu decided to leave. Since Woohyun had no idea of them being mates, he realized that it would be awkward for him to stay there any longer.

"He loved it." Sunggyu said looking around. His uncle has just finished counting the cash and was really to close the diner for the day.

"I have something to ask from you. But don't freak out." After receiving a nod from his uncle, he continued.

"Woohyun had been taking suppressants."

"I know."

"What? How?"

"How else do you think he'd been able to fool me into believing that he's human?" Jungyeop asked while placing a coffee cup on the table.

"But the thing is, he's been having it since he was a kid. His parents had fooled him into believing that he had a problem with his legs. And he thinks he's addicted to it now."

"He told you all of this? Wow! He really is your true mate. How else he would trust someone who he just met?"

"I was surprised too. But unlike his first expression, he's very talkative." Sunggyu said remembering how he managed to get all the answers with just a little push. They had talked a lot. Sunggyu even showed him his wolf, but he couldn't tell Woohyun about him being an omega or his mate. He tried, but no matter how hard he thought, he couldn't think of a way to explain that to Woohyun without making things awkward between them. That's why he decided to tell him about that some other day.

While sipping his coffee he closed his eyes, and he could see the smiling face of Woohyun in front of him. He felt peaceful for the first time in a long while.

"You love him already. Don't you?"
Sunggyu could see his reflection from the glass window and he could see the stupid grin plastered on his face. He hadn't smile like that for a long while. And yes, when he thinks about Woohyun, his heart beats crazily and he was never happier. He loves to see the smiling face of Woohyun and he feels like he should hug him and never let go. Is this love?

"I don't know."May be...Sunggyu never had someone special in his life. Since it was almost impossible to find one's true mate, almost all of their kind started finding their mates at their own choice. But Sunggyu never found someone special enough to hold onto, let alone love. So this feeling he was having right now was foreign to him. But he would never talk about that with his uncle. So he quickly changed the subject.

"About the suppressant..."

"What is it?"

"It's not something that I have seen before. It's a green colour dust. He mixes it with water and drinks it. He doesn't know how his parents got their hands on it. And he drinks it daily. Otherwise he end up getting stomach cramps." Jungyeop was silent for a while.

His uncle had seen many things over the years. And Sunggyu always used to go to his uncle when he had a problem.

"I have heard about something like that. It was when the humans have first released the virus. More than half of the omegas had died from that. When the remaining number of omegas out numbered the rest, our kind became violent. So to solve the problem, a witch found a way to hide the omegas from the rest of the world until he or she decide that they found their true mate. But she only gave it to a selected number of omegas. No one had seen her, but she had her way of letting it get to the hands of the ones she wanted to protect. Some rumours say that the witch was the moon goddess herself."

"So you think this is it?"

"Most likely." Sunggyu sighed in relief. He liked to believe that the moon goddess is looking after him. Most of their kind doesn't believe in her anymore, but he was someone who still has faith.

"Those stomach cramps will automatically disappear when Woohyun is ready to accept you as his mate. I'm so glad Sunggyu." Jungyeop said giving him a tight hug.

"We were about to be disappeared from the face of the earth. Without no omega being born for so long, I thought the goddess had given up on us. But seeing Woohyun gives me hope. You should protect him with all your might."

With what is going on around him that is never going to be easy. But he will fight. Sunggyu thought while walking back to his uncle's house.

The next day he had to go to work. He didn't think about work at all since he met Woohyun. And at the moment, looking at the mountain of files in front of him, he regretted that a bit.

His secretary is standing in front of him holding a file containing the appointments that are needed to be rearranged. He sighe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter