Bitter taste

Peace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun took the cup closer to his mouth. The nasty smell of the drink made him drizzly. No matter how many times he had drunk, he couldn't get used to its foul taste and its bad smell. He placed the cup back on the counter. 

He's been drinking it since he could remember. But he doesn't want to do it anymore - at least not today. 

At the last class yesterday, his lecture talked about getting addicted to drugs. Though he was not on drugs, Woohyun could relate himself with an addict in many ways. That scared the hell out of him. No way he was addicted to that foul drink. But deep in his mind he knew that there's a possibility.

It's not like he has this strong urge to drink that. If anything, he despised it. But the thing is, if he goes without it even for a single day, he get horrible stomach cramps. 

At first, he tried to stop. But it was really hard whenever his parents were at home. It surprised him how they always knew when he hasn't drink it. But the very few times they were not at home, he successfully avoided it and every time the result was the same horrible cramps. So he started drinking it just to avoid the pain. 

He sighed loudly and dropped the green color liquid to the sink, and watched as the water washes it away. He has to fight. If this is about his weak legs - for what he's been drinking this - like his parents says, he has to feel something wrong with his legs, not with his stomach. To be honest, he never felt anything wrong with his legs though his parents said, as a child, he had problems with walking. It's not like he didn't trust his parents, but though he couldn't put his finger on it, he knew something's wrong somewhere. 

Trying not to think about any of that, he walked out of the kitchen towards his room to get ready for another day of school.

It didn't even take two hours. The pain hit him and he felt on to the ground tugging his stomach tight. This time, it was severe than any other. He felt his eyelids getting heavy. The last thing he saw before he lost his conscious was his lecture running towards him. 

He opened his eyes in a hospital. Though the dizzy feeling was gone, he still felt the pain. But the thing that caught him more was the weird looks that the doctors were giving him. His bed was surrounded by four doctors. And he could see some nurses too. Was his case serious? 

His parents were against him going to a hospital for any reason. They'd been telling him that those tablets and shots the doctors prescribe does more damage than good. Because of that, he never sat his foot inside of a hospital. But today, he couldn't help it.

If I really am an addict, these people will help me. What's there to be afraid. He thought, recalling how his lecture said that the addicts could get cured. 

He looked up to one of the doctors to explain his situation. But what he heard stopped him midway. 

"Is it even possible?" 
"I don't know. This is a special case."
"So you are telling me that boy over there can give birth to a child just like any other women would do?"
"Yeah. Exactly that."
"You are exaggerating."
"No. Why would I? That's what the doctors said. He's an abomination. " 
"No way!" 
"Yeah. It's too bad. I mean, look at him. He so gorgeous for a 16 year old." she chucked. 
"Hmm...What a waste. Who knows what will happen with him when they send him to one of those labs."

Woohyun felt like someone's choking him. He couldn't breathe. He had no doubt that those nurses were talking about him. 

He had an extremely good hearing - another one of the things in his life that he couldn't explain - which gave him the ability to hear that conversation, though they were standing outside of the room. He was afraid. What if that's true? Is he really an abomination? And what are those labs they were talking about? What will happen to him if they send him to a one? 

Trying to sort out one of the biggest problems in his life, he ended up with having another one, way more bigger than any other problem he had ever had in his life. Why me? Why all of this is happening to me? Tears slid down the sides of his face. And one of the doctors noticed. 

"Do you feel any pain?" The doctor asked while pressing the sides of his s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter