006

Crimson Canine

“Move away Chanyeol. Let her breath, will you?”

“I hope the first thing she’ll do once she wakes up is slap him in the face”

“Oh my god you’re alive. I can’t believe you’ve made it. Thank goodness, El” was all you heard before you’re crushed into a tight hug by none other than a sobbing Chanyeol. You let a small whimper as you’re starting to have problem breathing, and Kai takes it as a cue to drag the crying mess away from you. You thanked him in your mind, too tired to speak. Suho made his way to the side of your bed to do a brief check up on your injuries, and you let him be.

Noticing that your eyes have been roaming around the room ever since you woke up, Kai speaks up. “Sehun’s in his room. He’s as good as new”. You nod at Kai with a nonchalant look on but deep inside you’re relieve to know that. You’re not that fond of the latter but you don’t want people dying because of you-or your family. You’ve witnessed enough in your life so adding another one in those memories isn’t necessary. Turns out, that you’ve passed out for three days long while Sehun recovered overnight. It pissed you off to know that you’ve wasted hours in bed, lifeless like a sack of potatoes but once you woke up, the head ache is still present. Sure your wounds are slowly healing but the numbing pain on your head only lessen for a fraction and it sure isn’t supposed to be so. When Suho asked you if you’re hurting anywhere, you only shake your head. They don’t need to know such petty things, you thought.

*

Elena Abigail- the only child of Slyph, soon to be the next heir of Orion replacing her father’s throne. Eye sight as sharp as eagle and her fast reflexes like a sly predator she is – she’s the greatest product of the hunter’s pack. She was taught at an early age of six to fight without mercy and that failure is never an option in her life. The once naïve girl turned into a fighter, one whom her father cherished the most. Hunters are leaders who ensure that the future that awaits them are free from any monsters and myth creatures which only cause troubles and bring bad lucks upon them-was all they told her. With the continuous lies that they feed her, she started to get blood on her hand, getting rid of the so called pest which she found lurking around, her innocence slowly fading. She became even more ruthless when she found out that her own mother, the only being who are kind-hearted and despised cruelty was killed by those animals. Those who were caught are either tortured painfully or beaten to death. Hearing tears of them begging to be freed, wheezing in pain and calling her monster became the source of her satisfaction.

Not until she was eighteen that she grew canines that ripped her lips as it appeared out of nowhere. Then, there’s claws stretching out of her hands and fur coating her entire body like another layer of skin. She’s beyond freaked out. She has turned into one of those creatures; werewolf. Then all hell break loose. She was thrown behind bars by her own dad, the leader of Orion not showing even a speck of sympathy towards her. She became the enemy of the hunters within a day, hateful glares and constant spat being given to her whenever the Orion members saw her, including her father. Countless of experiments being done on her, torturing her as a way of pleasuring themselves became a daily routine. Syringes kissing her skin all over her body, knives breaking through her delicate skin and stitches to stick the thin layer back together happened most of the time. A lifeless rag doll is the exact word to describe her. When she decided to run away from the cruel humans, tons of hunters were sent after her by none other than Slyph. After years of hiding in different places, she thought that they have stopped tracking her for good. But, boy, was she wrong.

*

You’re in the living room (after reassuring them that you’re fine enough to walk down the stairs), being circled by the boys except Sehun but that werewolf must have heard you anyhow. There’s also Mingyu sitting the farthest from you, probably still wary around you after knowing that you and Orion are related somehow but you’re still grateful that he is considerate enough to pay you a visit. You kept your gaze on the ground, revealing your dark past wasn’t something that you’re keen of especially to those who were the victims of your doing. The boys deserve answers from you and you’ve no intention in leaving them in the dark anymore after the scenes that happened before. Seeing that you’ve nothing more to say, Chanyeol takes the role to speak up the question that everyone had in their minds.

“Then, why don’t you smell like one? I mean, like werewolves do.”

You sighed audibly before turning your head at a certain angle ever so slowly so that everyone can see your face- specifically your eyes. That’s when loud gasps filled the entire room, none of them bother to hide the facts that they are beyond shocked, too lost in the view in front of them. Based on the norm that they’ve been living with since ages, werewolf’s eyes are supposed to be either red for alpha or blue for the betas- but yours are purple. Purple as in a swirling ocean of mesmerizing combination of violet and magenta.

“Because I’m no longer one”