015

Crimson Canine

You twisted your body around and jumped to your left, successfully avoiding the murderous claws aiming to chuck your internal organ out with one smooth strike to the abdomen. You’re wearing Sehun’s shirt today because you couldn’t find yours and you’re too lazy to find it; so there’s no way in hell that you gonna let the shirt be stained because Sehun will severe your head if that ever happened. Using your right arm, you swung it around the gigantic wolf’s neck and threw your whole body on top of the latter. The sudden change in position did not sit right with the furry fella as it tried to shrug you off with all its might by shaking vigorously- in which you managed to remain on top of it for just a few victorious minute before being thrown in the air like a lifeless doll. Your back hit the thick truck of an oak tree and by now you could say that your pride is not the only thing hurting.

The wolf remained crouching across from you, eyeing your every move- more like savouring the sight of you having a hard time getting your of the ground. It tilted its head to the side, daring you to continue the fight. Seeing that you remained sprawled on the ground, the wolf took the lead by shortening the gap between the two of you, clearly boasting its victory; which it only managed to savour for a few seconds. The wolf was too focus on advancing towards you, unaware of you reaching for the fallen branch lying behind you. Once the wolf was close enough, you swung your secret weapon, hitting it square on its face. The impact of the hit caused the wolf’s head to tilt backward, giving you enough time to drag yourself up and threw yourself on top of the wolf- for the umpteenth time.

“El, can you stop jumping on top of me?!”

You laughed out loud hearing Kai’s outburst. The latter has changed to his human form, now lying face first under you. You and Kai went out deep into the forest early this morning for your usual training session since you could no longer train at the clearing. (You don’t want the previous incident of bumping into normal citizen happens again) You rolled to the side, lying on your back, giving him space to take a breath because he looks like he really need it at the very moment.

Heaving, you looked up to the fluffy clouds, puffing fluffily like cotton candies in baby-blue coloured sea. It reminds you of Weki Meki rainbow ice cream that you and Mingyu usually buy from the ice cream pallor across Rin’s store. Now that reminds you that you have yet to redeem your “buy one free one” ice cream coupon that Hoshi gave you last week. You made a mental note to drag Mingyu there this evening, hoping to relieve your sugar rush after a tiring day full of punches and groans.

Realizing that Kai is as still as a rock, you turned to your left to see him staring at you with his swirling damn red captivating eyes. You’ve seen them go through the Change countless of times but Kai’s wolf eyes never failed to impress you every time. They seem like a well so deep, void of even a speck of emotion but if you look closely, you could see the eyes of someone that have gone through hell. It’s like the eyes itself could tell stories of its owner’s journey. A sudden windy breeze blew his bangs, covering half of his face but he made no effort to fix it back. You had the sudden urge to wipe it aside, so you can marvelled at his face for a second longer.

“Do you want to do it?”

His word startled you. Did you say it out loud? If so then it sure will be extremely embarrassing. You were about to pretend that you did not heard him when he asked you again.

“Do you want to do it, El? The Change I mean.”

Owh. Now that he said it, that you realized that you have never even once try to morph into your wolf form except during your very first Change. It was a memory that you would love to forget. The excruciating pain was something that no one could possibly bear but the hatred stares coming from your own blood bring the most pain that you thought the stares alone can kill you. The thought of going through the Change again did cross your mind a couple of times but it always ended up with you dismissing it. Even if you try to do so, would it be possible for you to transform again after all that happened? Do you still have your wolf form? Nobody could answer the questions and you sure not looking forward for the answers either.

You were so lost in your thought and only able to come back to reality after hearing Kai’s chuckle. You scrunched your eyebrow, wondering if you did stupid thing again. Kai sat up from his lying position and said, “We should head home now. Our friend here is having a tantrum and we sure don’t want to upset her”, while pointing at your stomach. You followed his gaze just in time to hear your stomach screaming. Of course, this is the perfect timing for my tummy to growl in hunger, you thought. With that, the both of you went home to have brunch with the pack.

 

*

 

“Why didn’t you woke me up this morning, El?! I could do some training with you guys too. How could you left me alone at home and went out with just Kai?! I thought I am your best friend, El……”

You tried to mute Chanyeol’s babbling, and prayed that Mingyu will be down by now. Your back was sore to begin with and even the littlest noise coming from Chanyeol gave you headache. You just want to get your ice cream and head back to bed as soon as possible- which will be impossible with freaking Mingyu who took almost an hour just to get ready to go to the ice cream pallor nearby. You were about to storm upstairs and smack him on the head when he appears in front of you, acting as if he hasn’t does anything wrong. With a groan, you dragged him by the ear to the front door, happy that you’ll be free from Chanyeol for a while.

As you were about to enter your car, you heard someone yelled in the house “ WHO STAINED MY SHIRTTTT??!!!”

Oops, You’ll deal with Sehun later.