010

Crimson Canine

You’re running alongside Suho and Chanyeol, the others are far ahead trying to catch up with the magical intruders who have trespassed into the town. Suho told you before that he has mastered the arts of protection spell using his magic after years of self-training. With the said knowledge, he has placed several marks on every border of the town to block the entrance of weaker myth creature and give them heads up whenever stronger creatures succeeded in passing through the protection bubble. He’ll get certain sizzling feeling on his arms if such things happen including tonight.

“The heck are we even doing, running down lonely streets when we’re supposed to be sleeping right now?!”, Chanyeol yells, kicking a stranded can on his way.

“I’ve sensed few creatures passing through my wards at east near the downtown. I assume that they’re just here to cause some problems and not bloodlust or any other bad intentions, judging that they didn’t even mind to cover their presence.”, Suho informed.

“At ing 3 am?! God bless these bastards cause I’m going to break their tooth one by one and turns them in to the museum for future generation’s history lesson.”

*

It turned out to be a ghoul and a bunch of elves, causing a mess in one of the mart. They’re trashing things around, forming dents on the walls and piercing every glass that they found. It was chaotic to say the least and very immature for magical creatures.

All of the boys took a hold of each elves, who’s started to throw things their way once noticing their presence. Things got messier when one of the pointed ears creature grabbed a bottle of chilli sauce and shot it right at Baekhyun’s eyes. He flailed around, trying to blink away the hotness on his eyes and fell into one of the mart’s shelf causing a domino of shelf fall to happen-in which Sehun is trapped in one of them. Chanyeol got hit in the face with cans of sodas thrown at him while Mingyu slipped on a banana peel on the floor. Kai is bitten on his ears by a female elf which earned her a growl and she’s then thrown into the ice cream section.

Suho is the only one battling the ghoul and he seemed to be struggling with his mantra since the ghoul keeps on attacking him with its claw. To distract the attention away from him, you whistled at the ghoul’s direction and threw a loaf of bread its way. You’ve realised that you’re getting good in throwing things ever since living with the pack and it did help in times like this. The ghoul jerked backwards from the impact, getting even angrier at this point and stormed at you. It swings its dark, sharp claws at your left arm, which you managed to retract milliseconds earlier. You blocked its next attack on your head and grabbed both his stretched arms, preventing him from clawing you again. The ghoul tugged harshly and twisted its hands so hard that you almost lose your grip on them. He then used the current position you’re in to the said hands towards you. With strained breath, you used all of your strength to push away the filthy claws which has succeeded in breaking the thin layer of your front jacket and are going further down.

Suddenly, the ghoul above you vanished and so does the mischievous elves. Suho has managed to recite the damn mantra in time and sent all those creatures to where they belong. You inhaled a huge amount of air before getting up from the floor with Sehun’s help. Scanning your surroundings, you’re sure that the mart’s owner is going to be super pissed tomorrow.

After breaking into the security room of the mart and deleting all of that day’s tape, you all went home with a scowling, broken-tooth Chanyeol.