009

Crimson Canine

Suho asked you this morning to buy more bandages and iodine for the pack since there’s no more left at the infirmary, in which he told you to bring Baekhyun and Mingyu along as they know best of the things to be bought. You think their companion aren’t really needed though since the drugstore is just a block far away from the café and you could walk there just fine. The more the merrier? Who the heck use those saying anymore, you thought.

Suho wasn’t wrong when he said that it’s going to be merrier because those dorks’ voices could be heard throughout the whole drugstore. You made a mental note to never bring any of these kids with you next time and just settle with going alone. You stared at both of them who are in the middle of arguing before sighing exasperatedly.

“I took the packages first so they’re supposed to be in my basket and not yours!”

“It’s the matter of strength Baekkie, someone stronger should handle all those packages and the person is none other than me. Now, put it back in my basket!”

“HELL NO. You’re lankier than me, mister.”

“Just because you have shorter limbs does not mean you’re stronger, kid”

“Hey, don’t belittle my height, you ”

“Their dumbness never fails to surprise me”, a voice behind you said. You turn around to see a girl in her teens, wearing baby blue cap with her hair tied in a high ponytail, watching Mingyu and Baekhyun’s verbal fight, unfazed. She’s behind the counter so you assumed that she’s one of the workers here. “And I’ll never understand what they’re doing with that loads of bandages. Are they mummies or something? Well, I didn’t mean to judge their sanity but at this point who wouldn’t?”

You sniffled your laughter at that. Judging from her obliviousness about the boys, she must be a human and someone who’ve seen the boys for ages or is forced to see the boys since they’re the store’s regular customer. You made a mental note to tell the boys to tone down their weirdness in public or else people will think that they’re psychopath lurking in the city.

“Owh enlighten me. There’s never been a day that they’ve been any smarter”, you retorted. You moved your head around before shouting at the guys,” Come on ladies. Just bring those damn bandages here, will you?”. You turned back around to see the girl smiling your way, “I think we’re going to get along well together. I’m Rin”, holding her hand out towards you. You clasped her hand in yours and grinned,” I’m Elena”.

“You’re a friend of those punks?”

“Yeah, I’ve been staying at their house for the past few weeks. There are times that I thought I am their nanny who’s supposed to take care of their sorry asses and right now is one of those times.”, you sighed. Back at the aisle, Mingyu and Baekhyun are still in their war, shouting names and foul words at each other faces.

*

You heard footsteps and rustling of bags at the front door and was about to reach for the door knob when the door burst open with such force that it almost hit you square in the face. You swore that you’re about to pounce on whoever it was behind the door but stopped abruptly when you see an unfamiliar face. The said person hopped in rather happily, seemingly didn’t realized your presence beside the door and shrieked in a very unfeminine manner.

“HELLO GENTLEMEN. YOUR ANGEL IS BACK! NOW WHO MISS ME?”, while making kissy face and grabby fingers towards the boys who have just finished eating breakfast.

“Fairy my ”

“Stop shouting will ya”

“Oh my god, Mingyu. I thought you said that she’s going for a month?!”

Various grunts and such cold welcome from the boys made the girl gasped out loud. “HEY DON’T BE RUDE, OKAY! IF YOU’RE TOO EMBARASSED TO ADMIT, JUST SAY SO. Oh hey Kai. Look at them igno- “. “Hey Minju”, was all he said before walking past her, probably to go out for a jog. Before exiting the front door, he ruffled your hair and said “Thanks for the cereal, El”

“And so I thought the Alpha is nicer than his betas. Tsk, you guys are just plain mean”, she sulked and folded her arms on her chest. She’s about to continue venting her frustration when she noticed you. Her gaze met yours. With the only difference of longer hair length and large doe eyes, you could’ve mistaken her for someone else. Only now able to see her face properly, there’s no doubt that she’s Mingyu’s younger sister. You remembered Baekhyun once mentioned that Mingyu’s parents must have been cursed for having a son and a daughter that are both annoying ( in which Mingyu kicked him on his junior, Baek was left crying for the next 3 hours). They’re the exact copy of each other including their personality, you noted. Crap, another clone of nagging nanny. “WELL HELLO THERE. I’M MINJU AND YOU ARE? GREAT NOW THERE’S ANOTHER FEMALE IN THE HOUSE BLA BLA BLA BLA”.

*

You spent around fifteen more minutes listening to Minju’s babbling about the school trip that she’s gone to and how the pack is jealous of her short getaway. Sehun trapped his face in the pillow throughout the talk while Suho excused himself to help Kyungsoo in the kitchen. Baekhyun and Chanyeol laughed at every glares that they received from Minju for mimicking her motions. Mingyu looked miserable and ready to jump from the fiftieth floor of any nice building while Kai has yet to return home from his morning jog.

You think Minju’s fine. She just need to tone down her volume whenever she speaks, you thought.

“I’m sorry. I guess I’m just excited to see another person with s and in the house. So, whose girlfriend are you?”

And maybe her bluntness.