005

Crimson Canine

Wobbling, you stand up despite the pain aching on your body, heave a deep breath and dusted your hands of imaginary dust. You chuckle but then fall into a coughing fit, your blood spluttering on the ground. You may have healed but your body is still weak and a werewolf’s strength is no joke to begin with so that explains your current condition, right? But there’s no time to find the answers to why your body is being too weak when Sehun continued to bark, “Answer the damn question! What are you talking about with Mingyu just now?!”, he’s trembling with anger by now. He looks murderous.

You smirked,” You’ve heard it right. I don’t have to repeat over myself. I’m the daughter of the leader of Orion- “. He storms toward you and swings his claws on your left shoulder so fast that you didn’t see the attack coming. You stagger on your feet, hand immediately finds it way on your shoulder which is bleeding profusely, your left shirt’s sleeve barely hanging on the piece of clothing. You see Mingyu looking through the window, mouth agape witnessing the scene upon him then he ran into the house, probably to inform the pack.

“I knew that you meant trouble- the very first day you came here. But, it just seems to be my luck that you’re the bastard’s daughter. This way I could finish you off with my own bare hand. You ing monster.”, Sehun hissed, closing the gap between you again.

You stand your ground unmoving even when another swing comes and it scratch your face. Deep gash formed on your cheeks, yet you didn’t try to fight back. Sehun halts his movement when he realizes that you’re not going to do anything. The anger in his eyes seems to fade a little, being replaced by sudden guilt but he quickly shakes his head and the anger is evident once again. “Why aren’t you fighting back? Fight me!”. With a few stride, he stands in front of you and pushes you back to the ground. “Come on, fight me!!”. He looms over you who’s now on the ground again, screaming at you but you did nothing-just blankly stares at him.

He’s about to approach you again when he’s tackled to the ground by a blur of movement. Sehun let out a loud gasp, trying to set his arms and legs free from the creatures that are holding him down but he couldn’t. Not with five big black shadows, all with claws and sharp canines blocking him to do so. He dodges every attack on him but some of them still managed to scratch him as he’s restricted from moving his limbs around. You knew Sehun wouldn’t managed to make it out alive, fighting against those shadows all on his own. You heave yourself up, and stride forward to help him only to tumble back down to the ground when a sudden pain on your back hits you. You arch your back and moan in pain. You stretch your trembling right hand to your back and pulls out a knife that successfully lodged itself on your back. You realized it’s the same as the knife that sliced you from the ambush before.

“The knife is coated with wolfsbane and Z-IV, my own creation that only you my dear get the pleasure to receive. How does it feel getting it for the second time?” With three other shadows looming behind him, a man that you hate with every cell of your being stands with so much hostility, smirking at your horrible condition. Uncle Jin.

“Long time no see, my dearest niece”

That’s when your head starts to throb painfully as if someone’s squishing your damn brain, tugging every veins there. You screamed out loud, hands holding onto your head hoping for the pain to stop. It was nowhere near the pain that you’ve gotten from Sehun’s blows.

“Don’t worry. The pain will subside eventually but it’s going to haunt you, darling. But, things could change for the best if you be a good girl and return home to daddy, won’t it?”. You would have snarl or even punch him on the face if it isn’t for the unbearable pain you’re experiencing. Loud calling of your name and Sehun’s could be heard from afar indicating that the boys are minute away from arriving at the scene. You look to the side to see Sehun’s response has slowed down and he didn’t seem to be able to hold the attack for long. He’s already badly beaten at this point. I need to buy him some time, you thought. With the knife on your palm, you use all your remaining strength to throw it to one of the shadows which is second away from snapping its canine at Sehun’s head. After seeing the knife getting through the shadow, causing it to puff into black smoke in the air, you let yourself fall on the ground for the umpteenth time today. Jin’s laughter echoes throughout the forest, mumbling something about you being pathetic before disappearing along with his shadows.

You’re not going to last long with the blood loss and throbbing headache so the second you see one of the boys coming toward you, you give out order; loud and clear.

“Help Sehun.”