002

Crimson Canine

Your head hurts so bad and your sudden movement from your laying position doesn’t help in easing it. Blinking your dizziness away, you tried to look around you to find yourself in an unfamiliar room; dark and fully furnished like real home does. It takes time before you realized that you’re on a queen sized bed, your bruises bandaged properly and you are in a baggy t-shirt and sweatpants. You don’t even want to know how long have you been passed out. The last time you remembered was losing your consciousness at a clearing inside the forest as you can no longer bare the pain. I should leave now, you thought.

You get out of bed and stand on your feet with much difficulties, seeing that you have not fully healed yet. You roamed around the room to locate your backpack on the worn out couch and slung it on your left shoulder after making sure that all your belongings in the bag remain untouched. You’re about to head towards the large window on the far left of the room when a sudden person from behind you made himself known.

“You’re still healing. You won’t make it far with those injuries.”

You mentally groaned before turning around to face the latter. Tall, quite tanned for an Asian, chiselled jawline and dark brown orbs that seems to hold so much emotions, the same pair that looked at you as if he’s trying to unravel your true self. You’ve realized that he is a werewolf and an Alpha at one, judging from the Alpha current emanating around him strongly. Great, I’m stucked with a pack of werewolves. You’re sure there’s a few more of his friend downstairs, as loud chatter and laughter can be heard from where you’re standing. You fixed your attention back to the man in front of you.

“I’ve had worst. I’ll be fine on my own”, and you continue moving towards the only escape out of this house.

“You’ve trespassed our place so explanations are well needed.” He insisted. His voice raised a bit, barely noticeable but you managed to notice anyway. You side glanced him to see him staring at you. He must have seen you as a threat as you’ve just barged into his place without any reason to begin with-but then why must he saved you? He could have just left you to die. Before you could voice out your opinion, the wooden door behind the Alpha opened, revealing a man who looks as gorgeous as the man in front of you but with fairer complexion. He greets the Alpha before his gaze settled on you.

“Oh, you’re up. Let’s change your bandage before we have some meal downstairs, shall we?”

*

Breakfast was awkward to begin with but you’re thankful that this bunch of wolves didn’t try to pry your personal life and bombard you with questions even though you knew they’re all curious. Well who wouldn’t when someone just walked in your land, badly beaten and hardly give any explanation regarding her situation.

You’ve been introduced to the bunch by Suho, the one who took care of your bruises and medication. He’s the only witch in the pack and a friendly one at that. Thank god because you have fair share of meeting evil witch who only knew to cast bloody spell on others and they are super hard to deal with. Suho take care of the packs’ health and wellbeing in general. (He said something about there’s creatures lurking on their land causing trouble here and there frequently, resulting the kids getting severe injuries fighting them off so that’s when he comes in handy). Kyungsoo, the squishy owl-liked boy is an amazing cook. You almost choked on your first bite because you didn’t expect it to be that good. Baekhyun and Chanyeol will be someone that you want to avoid meeting in daily life. They’re loud and the way they look at you are just too creepy that you’re reminded of the movie, Chucky. At least they look eager to befriend you unlike Sehun, the blank kid who’s void of any emotion. He didn’t even spare you any glance as he eats his meal. Well, it’s not like you’re going to be here for long so being friend isn’t necessary, you thought. The tanned Alpha from before is Kai. He doesn’t seem like a man of many words but he’s fine. Sometimes, you noticed him scrunching his eyebrows at his pack mate’s jokes before a faint smile formed on his lips. They seemed like a family that’s full of happiness and trust between each other-which you don’t have.

*

Knowing each other’s name and letting you stay doesn’t really mean that they trust you fully. They insisted that you need to stay at home and take your medication before locking the doors and left for their café which leaves you on your own. Well not exactly alone as a pair of eyes from the couch in front of you openly stare at you, watching your every moves. You don’t know how you ended up being babysit by Mingyu, the pack’s neighbour who’s super nosy and seems to like to stick his nose in everything that you do. “I’m actually doing my job assigned to me of making sure that you’re not going to do anything funny”. You exhaled loudly and plopped down on the chair across from him. This is going to be a very long day.

*

“Why do you hate her so much?”, Sehun turns around to face Kai who’s busy wiping the dirt off the cups and plates that they’ve just bought.

“I don’t hate her”. At that, Kai looks up to give him a judging look and raised his eyebrow. “But you don’t like her either, right?”

“It’s just that we don’t know her yet and I’m sparing myself from any drama if suddenly she turns out to be a crazy psychopath that want to kill all of us in our sleep.”, he reasoned. Sehun cringed inwardly because it came out as immature excuses even to him.

Kai walked to the front part of the café with the now clean cups and plates but not before patting Sehun on his shoulder, receiving a groan from the latter.