007

Crimson Canine

“Jin is a witch, a highly knowledgeable at one. He made used of his powers to do a lot of destruction including poisonous fluid that he tried on every captured creatures as his very own experiments. That bastard is a devil in disguise. Those shadows that Sehun fought on the previous day were actually part of his specimens. They are actually captured lost souls who scattered around the Earth, waiting to be brought to Heaven. With his spells and potions that he extracted from dead werewolves and ghouls, he succeeded in turning those lost souls into real monsters who obey each and every words of his. I was part of his experiments too. He even managed to talk his way with my father to let him test out his new potions on me. Countless fluids and drugs were injected into my body, in hope of extracting all those werewolf abilities from my own system. Speed, super hearing, fast healing abilities- all fades until they’re barely there. They said that they’ll only accept me back if I’ve been stripped to my purest form- my human form. Well, those ty heads are still after me even when I was left with nothing.”, was all you said before you excused yourself to have a nap, with Kyungsoo assisting you back to bed. Recalling back your past must have taken a toll to your mood.

Kyungsoo joins the boys back in the living room after sending you upstairs. They are all in a dilemma, still trying to digest everything that happened so sudden like a punch to their faces. Never has the pack’s house been so quiet like that before.

“That explains the fast healing of hers compared to normal human since she’s not entirely stripped from her abilities.”

“And her fast reflexes. I once saw her dodged my bullets when we played Nerf together, even with her back towards me.”

“Don’t forget her snarl when I accidentally touch her elbow.” All pairs of eyes fall on Chanyeol. “What?!”, he squeaks, feeling insecure.

Throughout the conversation, only one person remains quiet. Kai. He’s deep in thought, never once voicing them out loud. He’s been looking forward to the day he’ll be able to defeat Orion; hunters that have killed all his family and the boys’ too. Now that he’s bumped into the heiress of Orion though, he has no intention to harm her. Let alone after knowing that she’s actually one of them, and having her gifts to be taken from her forcefully must have been painful. For someone who has did bad in the past and punished for it, he guesses it’s time that the latter is given a second chance.

*

Days after, you’re allowed to move around the house, no longer constricted between those four walls of your room. Mingyu has returned to his old self, nagging you every now and then whenever you try to do something. Chanyeol hugging you and Baekhyun clinging on you has become a common thing. They said that it’s their way of assuring themselves that you’re here: alive and safe. Kyungsoo cooks for you after he comes home from café every day, saying that you need to gain more weight while Suho makes sure that your wounds won’t leave any scars by giving you the right medication. Kai sometimes keeps you company in your room whenever you don’t feel like spending time with the noisy boys. There’s barely any words spoken during those times but the silence is strangely comforting for both of you. There are times when you bumped into Sehun on your way to the kitchen or the toilet but instead of ignoring you, he’ll throw a short glance your way and nods. Well, that’s a great improvement so you’re not going to be a brat and complain about it.

You’re in the kitchen, chugging water down your throat as the weather today is beyond hot. Most of the boys lay in the living room, doing nothing but still feel tired due to the heat. Kai moves past you and sits on one of the stool at the kitchen counter. He offers you the orange juice he had in his hand. You shake your head, declining the offer. You’re about to join him at the kitchen counter when someone clears his throat. Sehun throws a light blue cap your way which you caught it effortlessly. You give him a questioning look. “We’re going to the market today. Put that on if you don’t want your head to burn.”, was all he said before heading towards the front door. You blink a few times and look at Kai, in which he just smiles and motions for you to follow Sehun.

“It’s his way of being friendly”, he mouthed.

“Come on, Roxo. We’re going to be late”, Sehun hollers which had you rushing towards the door.

 

Notes: (Roxo is purple in Portugese)