004

Crimson Canine

You winced as your body came in contact with the cold ground, knocking out all the air in your lung and you’re sure that you heard bone cracking somewhere. You remained on the ground, trying so hard to relax as the shock hasn’t really fade and your mind couldn’t register on what’s happening. Moments ago, you’re in the living room, chatting and playing nonsense ‘101 Questions’ suggested by non-other than Mingyu as both of you aren’t in the mood to do any myth discovery until-. Could it be… You look up the stairs heading to the doorway to the pack’s house to see someone, definitely the one who brought you here-chest heaving up and down, slightly panting but most importantly he’ staring you down with his dark orbs, anger and hatred evident on them. Sehun.

*Flashback*

“What is your favourite food?””

“Oh man, step up your game and stop asking stupid question will you?!”, you said exasperatedly. It was the ninth time that Mingyu has been asking about those kind of question that you thought you’re being interrogated by primary school’s student.

“Like you’re doing it any better”, he mumbled but continued nevertheless.” Mine is pizza but Kyungsoo’s food is inches away from taking that spot. He won it last year though”

“What made him lose this year?”, you asked keeping up with his stupidity. “He rarely cooked anymore as he’s busy taking care of the café and always end up ordering takeout and pizza for us all”, he sulked. You couldn’t help yourself but to knocked him on the head lightly, then ruffled his hair in which he swatted your hands away. He then urged you to ask your next question while nagging that you’re taking too much time in answering such simple question of his.

“What is your dream?”. Mingyu snorted at that. “Oh my god, I feel like a little girl with pink tutu meeting a fairy godmother for real. Do I get three wishes or will I meet my prince charming with pointed nose and alluring smile?” He earned another hit on the head. Moments after, his smile faltered and he became serious all of sudden,” I want to take down Onion and beat those hunters. What is his name again hm Slip? Spil? Yeah that bastard.”

You thought you forgot how to breathe at that moment. It can’t be. You fisted your palm to hide your trembling hand, your knuckles turning white from the pressure. “Do you mean Slyph”, you said despite your throat feels like it is being constricted. It did not even sound like a question because deep inside you know the answer but you didn’t want to admit it.

“Huh? Oh yeah Slyph! That bastard is sick. He killed all the werewolves that he met without even an ounce of mercy. Children, woman and elders back in Kai’s hometown were killed and those who were caught running away were tortured endlessly till their last breath. The boys have suffered enough but thank God they managed to escape from that devil and I want nothing but peace for them. Rumours has it that the Onion are still on the run, hunting every bits of werewolves who are on the loose. I’m looking forward to the day at which I can have revenge for the boys and- “

“It’s Orion”

Mingyu stopped his babbling and looked at you. You looked him straight in the eyes,” And they can’t be stopped. Trust me. So, spare yourself and avoid him as best as you can. Slyph will hunt you with all his strength if he found you.” Mingyu turned pale and he started backing away from you, eyes frantically searching for a possible way to escape from his seat. “How did you k-know?”, he stuttered.

“Because he is my father.”

Mingyu looked like he’s about to cry with all the new information being shoved on his face when suddenly his gaze is focused on something behind you. His eyes widened like he’s seen ghost, started to stutter while eyes moving between you and the thing behind you. And that’s when you were all of sudden being dragged and thrown out of the house.

*End of flashback*

Now that you see him in person reminds you that Sehun is not feeling well today so he locked himself in his room and Kai gave him the day off while the rest of the guys went to cafe. He must have heard your conversation with Mingyu- something to do with his werewolf hearing ability. You keep your gaze on him, unwavered under his hard glare, eyes now flashing blue emanating his Beta power. Out of all people, why must it be Sehun?

“Who are you?”, he spatted.