Chapter 6

Partners in Crime

"Are we going to our usual place now?" Chase questioned, looking around the group for confirmation.

"Yeah... uh, did you guys wanna come?" Rico said, looking towards Suke and Mika and then back to Alex to check she wouldn't be mad at him asking them to join.

Suke and Mika shared a glance and Ryunoduke answered for the two "Yeah, that'd be cool, if you all don't mind"

"Not at all" Akira smiled happily, "Let's get going then"

They walked for a few more minutes until they reached the back of a shabby, old abandoned parking lot which had four sofas and a couple of chairs set around some burnt twigs. Azzai jogged off and came back with some dry twigs, Jacon got some blankets out of his bag and Jewels fished some snacks out of his bag along with hot canisters full of tea, coffee and hot chocolate.

Once everything was set up Rico took out a lighter to light the fire, it crackled brightly and everyone was sat down huddled. Rico had his arm stretched out over Alex's shoulders and she lay into him, with a blanket tucked around them. Rico kissed her forehead gently. Chase then started to tell the group about a funny incident that had happened to him the other day, everyone was in hysterics when they learned he'd almost got stuck in a wheely bin, he covered his face in shame but Jewels, who was sat next to him, hugged him tightly causing him to reveal his blushing face. 

Azzai was bugging Akira to tell the group about the girl he likes, blushing Akira explained about her and the group was cooing at how perfectly the two would go together as a couple. Jacon joked that maybe Rico could teach Akira some flirting skills since he was the only one in their group to have a girlfriend.

"Not the only one" Alexa said pointing over at Mika and Suke who were curled into one another. 

"Are you trying to say that just because I am dating your sister that I am romantic and good at flirting" Suke replied looking over at Alexa.

"You bloody well better be , you better be making every day that you are together the most amazing and romantic as you can hoe" Alexa shouted.

"Well sorry to disappoint you but we don't always have time for that" Suke snapped at her, Alexa stood up and walked over to Ryunosuke, her eyes were ice cold. Alexa dived straight at Ryunosuke knocking him off the chair he was sitting on and onto the ground. There was a dash of footsteps behind the pair and they rolled around on the ground pretending to hit one another. 

"I hate you Suke" Alexa snapped.

"I hate you too Alexa" Ryunosuke replied whilst the two stared at one another before pulling away from those who were holding them back and ran straight towards one another before pulling one another into a hug.

"I'm sorry Suke, I love you really" Alexa shouted. 

"I am sorry too Alex" Suke answered.

"I really wonder about your two sanitises sometimes, I mean you would never believe that Alex once despised his existence once upon a time" Mika said looking over at the grinning pair.

"Really?" Azzai asked "You seem to all get on well"

"Alex used to hate Ryunosuke, so much that she once pummeled him until he couldn't stand up anymore. She would have continued if we didn't stop her, she probably would have killed him as well" Mika told them

They all looked baffled and a tiny bit scared of Alex now, though Rico didn't really seem phased at all. "It wasn't until they finally started bonding over battle wounds that they got along"

"Battle wounds?" Jewels questioned, his motherly instinct kicking in

"Just a few fights" Alex stated while glaring at her sister.