Presence

Saudade

“Is that true, Seulgi is your ex??” Joy asks as she read the text of Wendy. Irene’s eyes widen, and it also shocks Yeri.

“How…” Irene said.

“Wendy said text me that she will be late, she doesn't know too if Seulgi will attend and I think they have a fight too,” Joy said. “Is that right?” Joy asks then Irene just nod.

“So all this time, you and her….” Joy said. “You two fooled us!” Joy said.

“No, we’re not comfortable talking about it, and that’s the reason of it,” Irene said. “Seulgi is the I’m talking about,” Irene said then laugh. “For her to hear that the other day, seriously, it’s hilarious,” Irene said then the two drop their jaw.

“Did the two of you break up in bad terms?” Yeri asks.

“Not actually but not in good terms too,” Irene said. “We talk before breaking up, and we both agreed on it, but she left straight after making love to me. That’s kind of terrible” Irene said.

“You guys even have ?” Joy asks then Irene nod. “How many times?” Joy asks.

“Before Seulgi left, that’s one but after we break up… none, only one” Irene lie about it.

“She’s your first in everything,” Yeri said. “And you see her again nowadays because of Wendy. Yup, this is a typical love triangle” Yeri said. Yeri acts like she didn’t know.

 “So what will happen to the two now and you! What will you do?” Joy asks Irene.

“I will do nothing, I mean, Wendy can continue courting me because Seulgi’s not doing anything too,” Irene said. “And if Seulgi will do something, that’s when I don’t know what to do,” Irene said then they just smile at it.

“You still love Seulgi, right? You guys have been together for many years” Yeri said then Irene just nod.

“I do, she still does too, and I don’t know why she’s not coming back to me,” Irene said.

“Are you just waiting for Seulgi to get back to you?” Joy asks. Then Irene nod again.

“She’s just lost,” Irene said. “I’m sure she’s just lost” Irene added.

 

Irene and Wendy were walking together, to go home.

“Irene” Wendy called Irene, so they stop walking for a while.

“Yes?” Irene asks.

“To be honest, I’m hurt a little because you don’t say to me that Seulgi is your ex while knowing I’m her best friend,” Wendy said. Its shock Irene how honest Wendy is but she is glad that the girl is opening it to her.

“I’m sorry, Seulgi and I talk about it, she said she’s the one will tell it to you and I respect her decision, so I keep quiet about it,” Irene said. Wendy smile with the answer.

“I don’t know what happen between you and Seulgi, but I just want you to know that you’re the first one who makes me feel like this” Wendy said. “I mean, I have my first love, but I didn’t pay much attention to it. It’s you that makes me go crazy just by thinking of you” Wendy said.

“Is that so… I’m glad then” Irene smiled at her.

“I’m sure Seulgi left such a huge impact to you since you know her since kindergarten, I'm not sure if I can beat that. That’s long you know, it makes me feel uneasy, but I promise myself I won’t give up yet.” Wendy said. Irene’s eyes widen to it, Irene realize how much Wendy likes her and it was starting to make her feel guilty.

“I don’t know what to say,” Irene said then giggle at Wendy who smiles back at her.

“I won’t give up yet, this is my first time liking someone so much, you make me happy just by thinking of you, and you force me to realize how much I’m missing things in life,” Wendy said. “I will wait, I won’t pressure you, and at the same time I will work hard,” Wendy said.

Irene is touch at the sincerely of Wendy, she only knows Wendy for a while, and she doesn't know what to do with the feelings of Wendy. She doesn't know if she will feel the same way as Wendy, but instead of worried about it, Irene thinks she will let things flow and let the people in the sky decide what will happen.

“Things between you and Seulgi might be a lot of deeper but like I promise, I won’t let Seulgi hurt you again, makes you cry again and especially to have you again. I will work hard to make you happy, and I won’t pressure you! But I won’t give up easily to you” Wendy said. Irene smiled at Wendy sincerely, and Wendy can feel it, so she’s glad that it reach Irene.

 

“Yah!”

Wendy looks at the source of the voice, and she sees two boys and three girls going to her.

“You’re the rich Shon, right? Give us some money. We need it.”

“Why I’m going to give it to you?” Wendy said.

“Nerd, please, I’m asking you correctly, okay? Just give it to us, or we will force you” Wendy is wearing a glass, and that makes her look like a nerd.

“I don’t want” Even she’s small, she’s brave.

“Wow, so you’re fighting back.”

“So what if I am? I won’t give the money that my parents works hard to give it to you” Wendy said.

“Such a great daughter too! Give it to us before we got mad” One girl push Wendy hard, but someone holds Wendy’s back to prevent her from falling. Much to her surprise, it’s one of the most famous people on the campus. Irene Bae.

“She said she doesn't want, don’t force her” Irene's voice is scary. They step back a little when they hear it, and it amazes Wendy.

“Don’t in!”

“I should in, and you’re hurting my friend” When Wendy hear that, her heart beat faster and she smile when she hears it.

“You’re friend with a nerd? I though you are better than that?” they all laugh at Irene.

“So what? At least, I’m not like you who did nothing but being a scumbag!” Irene said. “So back off before I call a guard or a prof,” Irene said then they left.

“Thank you very much,” Wendy said then bow at Irene.

“It’s nothing; I'm amazed that you verbally fight them. I respect you for that” Irene softly said and smiled at her.

“Well… I don’t like them so…” Wendy said.

“You’re so cool there, and I hope you continue being like that and be more careful,” Irene said.

“Yes, thank you again,” Wendy said.

“It’s nothing, I will see you around then,” Irene said then smiled at Wendy.

Wendy’s heart beat fast again as Irene continue laughing at her. She doesn't like Irene at first because she’s too popular and it makes her insecure but knowing her, and she’s kind and brave. By looking at Irene closely, Wendy thought that Irene is truly a living goddess, she’s so beautiful and when Irene smile, it melts her heart.

 

“I have a question, you have a car but why you’re walking me home?” Irene asks.

“I like spending more time with you, and if I use my car, it will lessen it,” Wendy said while blushing. Then Irene giggles at the cute hamster.

“Is that so? You’re romantic!” Irene said. “The opposite of your best friend,” Irene said.

“Is Seulgi not romantic?” Wendy asks as she’s curious too, she never seen Seulgi with someone after all.

“No! She’s so insensitive plus I’m the romantic one. She don’t deserve me!” Irene said then Wendy laugh at it. Imagine her best friend being insensitive and unromantic is funny to her.

“Then what’s makes you like her?” Wendy asks.

“I don’t know, maybe how she looks at me,” Irene said.

“Like??” Wendy asks.

Like I’m the only one who exists in this world,” Irene said then smile bitterly. “She doesn't look at me like that anymore though,” Irene said. “So don’t worry” Irene added. Wendy chuckle at it.

“I think, Seulgi likes you that time,” Wendy said. Wendy doesn't want Irene to know that Seulgi is still in love with her.

“She did, she loved me a lot,” Irene said. “Can we stop talking about it? I want to know you more” Irene said while smiling at Wendy.

 

“Irene” Wendy said as they arrive at the corner of the street where Irene’s house is. Irene doesn't let her see her house so; she makes Wendy accompany her until the corner of the street.

“Hm,” Irene said.

“I will work hard, I will love you more than Seulgi does and I will make sure of that” Wendy said then Irene nod and smile at Wendy. “I will see you this Monday” Wendy said then Irene nods again.

 

“What do you think about the three?” Joy asks Yeri as they go home.

“I think that Irene and Seulgi to get back together, look how Irene talk about Seulgi,” Yeri said.

“That’s true, but I don’t want Seulgi to continue hurting Irene, she’s probably the reason why Irene cried for many times,” Joy said.

“It just shows how much Irene loves Seulgi!” Yeri said.

“It also shows how Seulgi being a big jerk to Irene!” Joy said.

“Look, bestie, Irene, and Seulgi love each other up until now, I don’t think Wendy can win Irene’s heart at this state,” Yeri said.

“… But Seulgi doesn't even fight for her,” Joy said. “I just feel that Wendy will take care of Irene more than Seulgi,” Joy said.

“I know Seulgi sacrifice for her, see how Seulgi protects Irene at all cost,” Yeri said.

“Then see how Wendy will do it more than Seulgi,” Joy said.

“Seulgi’s love for Irene is longer than how Wendy and Irene know each other,” Yeri said.

“Love is not about how long, it’s about the presence,” Joy said. “Seulgi failed to do that,” Joy added. 

“You might be true, but it doesn't mean Wendy will,” Yeri said. “For me, I think love is about being faithful even the presence is gone,” Yeri said.  
 

---------------

WenRene or SeulRene??