In Your Eyes

Saudade

“What did you like about me the most?” Joohyun asks as they eat in their favorite restaurant. Seulgi chokes while drinking her ice tea. “What’s up with that reaction? You’re dating me for a while now, you must say it to me!” Joohyun said.

“Well… everything?” Seulgi is shyly answering Joohyun’s question. Joohyun smile at the answer.

“I didn’t know you’re capable of saying that to me! You’re still shy even we’re already dating” Joohyun said. “But I never imagine that you will like me back!” Joohyun said.

“I never imagine of dating you though, and I always thought it was an unrequited love of mine,” Seulgi said then they laugh together. “But I’m glad that I confess…” Seulgi said then smile at Joohyun.

“Good that you did…” Joohyun said.

“I want to add something. You got me falling into you by looking in your eyes” Seulgi said. Then it confuses Joohyun.

“Why? Why my eyes?” Joohyun asks.

“I don’t know, I just like looking at your eyes,” Seulgi said.

Irene sighs as she closes the album of her and Seulgi. She goes to her balcony and looks at the stars.

“Your eyes twinkle like the stars in the night sky.”

 

“So Irene, how’s Wendy?” Joy asks as she eats snacks in Irene’s room.

“I think she’s a good kid,” Yeri asks.

“You’re not the one I’m asking though,” Joy said then Yeri smack her.

“I’m just stating my opinion!” Yeri said.

“She’s good,” Irene said.

“You don’t like her? You give a plain reaction” Joy said.

“I don’t like her for now? She’s only starting after all” Irene said and the two nod.

“You have to give her a chance look. Wendy Son is a daughter of a big company here in Korean, and she’s going to inherit that plus she’s currently the smartest student in our university. Didn’t you hit the jackpot?” Joy said. Yeri nod in agreement with Joy.

“I want to like her for who she is not with her wealth, you know me, Joy,” Irene said.

“Well, I’m just saying,” Joy said then Yeri chuckle at it.

“You know what, let us grab more food downstairs,” Irene said then Joy nod. “Yeri, you stay here,” Irene said. Then Yeri just nod.

When Irene and Joy are already out of the room, Yeri takes a chance to grab the album next to her; she keeps looking at it since she got inside and she knew Irene that she wouldn't let her see it. Out of curiosity, she opens the album, but her eyes got widen when she see it. It’s a picture of Seulgi and Irene, hugging, kissing each other’s cheeks, holding hands and even sleeping.

Did they date before or not…?

When she hear some footsteps, she hurries to place the album back to its original place and pretending to eat some foods.

“But actually, Irene. Wendy’s beautiful too~” Joy said as they enter the room with Yeri eating with a poker face.

“What’s up with her?” Irene asks.

“She’s always weird,” Joy said.

“Well, yeah,” Irene said.

 

“Ah this is frustrating,” Wendy said as she walks back and forth in Seulgi’s room.

“Why? Is your beloved not replying you?” Seulgi asks.

“Well, yeah but I hear they’re going their projects together,” Wendy said.

“Maybe she’s just busy, she doesn't have much time actually for love because she is busy with her school activities,” Seulgi said then Wendy sigh and stopped from walking.

“Yeah, I know that, but I’m not expecting a lot because I’m busy too, I just want her good morning too,” Wendy said then sigh and pout.

“Maybe she hasn't checked her phone,” Seulgi said.

She rarely use it anyway

“Maybe you’re right. She’s not annoyed, right?” Wendy asks. “Did I overdo my courting?” Wendy asks then Seulgi just sigh at her friend.

“Look, hamster, don’t overthink, it will stress you out,” Seulgi said. “Just go with the flow and don’t be so annoying, okay?” Seulgi said then Wendy just nod and seat next to Seulgi.

“Let’s just play games,” Wendy said.

“You said, you will help me with my assignment?” Seulgi said. Then Wendy looks at her then smiled.

“Right, I forgot,” Wendy said.

 

After Wendy goes home, Seulgi takes a walk about to have fresh air.

“Just what the hell am I doing?” Seulgi asks herself. She’s walking at the park with her headphone, listening to some music.

Seulgi doesn't like the idea of Joohyun and Wendy dating. Seulgi cannot tell it to Wendy about what happened her and Irene because she looks so happy and she's scared to hurt Wendy. Seulgi knows Wendy for six years and counting. For that six years, this is the first time she sees Wendy so happy. Only Joohyun can make Wendy this happy. This situation is so typical for Seulgi. Being in love is what Seulgi already experience since she was 9, she knows that she like Joohyun, and up until now, it’s still her.

“So what the hell I’m like this?” Seulgi asks again as she looks at the sky.

Seulgi is still in love with Joohyun, yet she forces herself to not to show it especially now that Wendy is in love with her too. No matter what Seulgi will do, she will end up thinking about her.

“I want to make it right, to make it good for her,” Seulgi said it to herself.

“Right for me what?” When she heard it, Seulgi immediately look at the source of the sound. Seulgi sees Irene with her hoodie jacket, looking at her.

“What are you doing here? It’s already late” Seulgi said then look away.

“I should ask the same thing to you then,” Irene said. “I want some fresh air,” Irene said.

“I do too,” Seulgi said.

“Do you want to say something to me?” Irene asks Seulgi, who’s now looking at the sky.

“Nothing,” Seulgi said.

“Really?” Irene asks once again. “I want to hear it,” Irene said then Seulgi look at her then sighed.

“Hear what?” Seulgi asks.

“That something you want to make it right for me,” Irene said.

“How come you’re so sure that I’m talking about you?” Seulgi asks.

“If isn't me then, who?” Irene asks. “I know, it’s still me,” Irene said.

Seulgi looks at her, in her eyes. Seulgi looks at her with longing filling in her eyes. Seulgi hates the way Irene knows her way too much. She cannot do anything about it because after they separate, it’s still Irene who controls everything about Seulgi. For those five years, it’s still her, because the more Seulgi try to escape from her, the more she’s being controlled by Irene.

“I want to hear it,” Irene said.

You’re beautiful,” Seulgi said. Irene's eyes widen, but she’s so happy inside because the person who she misses a lot finally say her favorite words. “You’re beautiful” Seulgi repeat it then looks deeply into Irene’s eyes.

“………..” Irene just stares back at her with eyes wide.

“There’s a beautiful star in your eyes, every day, and I want to look up to it,” Seulgi said. “Are you satisfied now?” Seulgi asks then Irene shake her head.

“I want to hear more” Irene said with a smile but her eyes are getting teary

“You’re abusing it,” Seulgi said with a smile.

“Let me hear more” Irene request.

“I try to meet other people. Someone who is a complete opposite of you, trying to fill my mind with different people. Hoping I can get you out of my mind” Seulgi said.

“……………………”

“But the problem is… I keep wanting to hear your voice” Seulgi said then look away. “I sound so pathetic right now,” Seulgi said. Seulgi smile as she remembers that nights that she calls Irene so that she can hear her voice.

“………………….. Then why are you not coming back to me?” Irene asks.

“Because you’re someone else now,” Seulgi said then Irene’s eyes widen to it. “Wendy will treat you better that I am, I know that for sure,” Seulgi said.

“Why are you giving me away…?” Irene asks Seulgi with tears falling from her eyes.

“Because the moment I looked at the stars for the third time, among those countless stars, you especially shine. I don’t think I deserve a star like you” Seulgi said.

“Why did you think so greatly of me? I just want to be with you, that’s all” Irene said as she keeps crying.

---

What do you think the reason of their break up? :D :D thanks for reading :) :)